2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

More diesel for Ford

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 12:38 PM
CGiron
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More diesel for Ford

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...nvestment.html

200 million US Dollars for more diesels

An additional $200 million dollar investment as well as the creation of 500 more new jobs is tied to the expansion of Ford’s current I-4 and Diesel engines production in Chihuahua. As a result of these investments, the Ford Engine Plant in Chihuahua will become the biggest engine plant in Mexico

Old 04-18-2015, 10:33 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
OK great but, what about US jobs? How does this directly affect the American worker? Afterall, the US market is the largest consumer of these engines and transmissions.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:10 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Mexican labour is less expensive than U.S. labour. Hence why more and more big corporations are relocating their labour.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
Mexican labour is less expensive than U.S. labour. Hence why more and more big corporations are relocating their labour.
That's because a American worker wants $35 an hour plus full bennies and five weeks vacation just to stand in a nice climate controlled building and hook one part up to a brand new clean motor.....

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 05-15-2015, 04:09 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
And the EPA is always sniffing plant emissions, and OSHA is always showing up looking for violations of the latest reg. Lets not forget the lawyers on all 3 sides, government, labor and corp.

It'd damn near impossible to do business in the US and not get eaten alive at every turn. It's no wonder everything costs so much.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Average pay for line workers in US (big 3) auto plants is about $32 per hr in wages and somewhere between $55-$65 in benefits, pension etc.

What is worse is dealing with union demands, strikes, crazy union rules etc. I used to be in the AFL-CIO and its as corrupt as they come. Don't want to join at a union shop and at lunch couple of the union guys will tell you they want to see you car, heard it was nice. You meet them in the parking lot and they give some talk to such as nice car, but be careful, guy can get a flat out here in the parking lot or vandals will cross the fence and slice your tires.

Don't join that afternoon and next day you will have chalk marks on your tires, don't join that day and you will find 4 slashed tires the next day. I have seen it and its what they did to me, so I joined.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:57 AM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts
agree it's ridiculously expensive to do business in the USA, low wages don't help american companies here any though either.
Not much of a middle class left unless you consider 6 figure salaries middle class. Hard to find good workers and even harder to get rid of the bad ones when it's a union you are dealing with.
We have a lot to be thankful for with unions yet they are crazy these days
and have a lot to take blame for now too.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:29 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by dustyroad
agree it's ridiculously expensive to do business in the USA, low wages don't help american companies here any though either.
Not much of a middle class left unless you consider 6 figure salaries middle class. Hard to find good workers and even harder to get rid of the bad ones when it's a union you are dealing with.
We have a lot to be thankful for with unions yet they are crazy these days
and have a lot to take blame for now too
Unions have a LOT to be thanked for. My dad was never a union man, did not have a rep out on the ranch. But those days were hard days like few could imagine. You were own the job at first light, and you shut it down at dark, 6 days a week. Unions helped bring that to a halt and did so much for the American workers we all should be thankful for. But that was a LONG time ago and today we see employees that just cannot be fired from the job, no matter what they do. Employee bonus no matter how bad they perform nor how bad things are selling. Just look at our Federal govt...

Old 05-18-2015, 03:50 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
You meet them in the parking lot and they give some talk to such as nice car, but be careful, guy can get a flat out here in the parking lot or vandals will cross the fence and slice your tires. Don't join that afternoon and next day you will have chalk marks on your tires, don't join that day and you will find 4 slashed tires the next day. I have seen it and its what they did to me, so I joined.
If the union I work for at the moment did this to my F350, the 33oz ash baseball bat I used in wooden bat league when I was younger would be used to crush in them a holes knee caps. Come at my property and damage it.......I got something behind my back seat for ya's

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 05-18-2015, 04:19 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
If the union I work for at the moment did this to my F350, the 33oz ash baseball bat I used in wooden bat league when I was younger would be used to crush in them a holes knee caps. Come at my property and damage it.......I got something behind my back seat for ya's

iPhone from IB AutoGroup
I joined when they chalked the tires. My buddy did not, we both hired in at the same time and he told me it would not happen. 4 tires sliced open, right in the middle of the day, AFL-CIO-IAM Dallas Love Field local...

Old 05-18-2015, 08:09 PM
bluefx4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's hope it isn't a engineering disaster like the 6.0. Maybe we should leave the deisel's to the old pros. Like international or cummings etc. As far as mexico goes, you'll never win that battle of keeping it "made in america" . As long as it keeps their pockets lined with the green stuff. They don't care where the parts are made.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:40 PM
liquidlounge
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bluefx4
Let's hope it isn't a engineering disaster like the 6.0. Maybe we should leave the deisel's to the old pros. Like international or cummings etc. As far as mexico goes, you'll never win that battle of keeping it "made in america" . As long as it keeps their pockets lined with the green stuff. They don't care where the parts are made.
Blue; you do realize who made the 6.0, right?

Old 05-19-2015, 04:37 AM
Frdtrkrul
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Just what in the hell is a Cummings? You mean Cummins right? Still irks me on how bad spell check is these days. With how much money they are putting into these newer diesel engines, I am surprised on how short of a lifespan they have with emissions. GM rates Duramax for 200,000 miles, Cummins rates the B-series 6.7L for 350,000 and I have no idea what the B-life is on the PowerStroke cold never find a reliable source. Just hope its well over 350,000 miles with everything on it.

You'd think they could afford to do real world testing rather than perfect world in lab results. They would know the weak point so much faster and have more reliable engines these days. But they rather crank out numbers rather than have reliability. Corporate train of thought I guess.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:46 AM
LSchicago2
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by liquidlounge
Blue; you do realize who made the 6.0, right?
I don't think he does or he would not have mentioned INTERNATIONAL LOL.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:02 AM
Frdtrkrul
Laughing Gas
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
At least he didn't mention Caterpillar!

Quick Reply: More diesel for Ford