2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

More diesel for Ford

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Why does the money itself become worth less and less all the time, if not worthless? Why should anything have to be indexed? The nature of goods and services in the free markets - the price goes down, not up.

Notice they don't talk about that. Ever. Why do you suppose that is? As if it's just the natural order of things. They may try and suggest there's a "good" amount of inflation (whereby more than half of our savings is confiscated by the time we reach 60) Thanks! Sheesh.

The ignorance in this country is jaw dropping. Entry level jobs aren't going to support a family, they never have, and neither will $15.00. To suggest otherwise is just horribly cruel.

The politicians are the biggest crooks around! Why do they focus on the wages, and not the price, for example? If they are so smart, so compassionate, and so economically savvy (despite never having held a job) why don't they force grocers to lower the price of the food as well? After all, wouldn't that do the same thing? Why pick on the restaurants?

How about the gas station charging $3 for a gallon of gas? Isn't it curious that these levelers focus only on a single point or facet of the economy - entry level non-skilled labor?

Price controls NEVER work, whether it's goods and services, OR wages.It's not even debatable. I particularly enjoy hearing the folks who campaign on a platform that "college should be free", but then charge $300,000 to the college for a half hour speech.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:19 PM
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very disappointed this site doesn't have like and dislike buttons lol. I just joined this site today so not trying to get into a sht show first thing. 17 oaks and me would get along like hub caps on a Cadillac. That's the way I was raised and where my values are and are currently being passed onto my 2 children

Old 10-23-2015, 10:06 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Minimum Wage

Minimum wage.
So here is what is going to happen to the low end jobs. Lets say taco bell at lunch has 5 people working right now. In five years it will be 2.
Here is how
Customer places order and handles the transaction.
Automation will cook the food.
A real person will call out the order to the customer.
A real person will clean tables and take out the trash.
I recommend people get in the business replacing low end jobs with automation. It going to be killer business to be in for the next 10 years.

USA is the third most populated country in the world. Countries with high population in general have a low standard of living and low wages and a lost HOPE. Look at how many people simple don't work. At some point the welfare system will break down. When this happens look for major unrest. I have been to India and other poor parts of the world, people there have work 7 days weeks to just get by. I don't think there is any easy fix.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:23 PM
redford
Received 1,561 Likes on 909 Posts
Can we please bring the discussion back to something truck related and not political?