Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Curved led light bar size

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Junior User

Willl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Curved led light bar size

Now that there are a lot of companies making relatively cheap led light bars, i've decided its a good time to look into buying one. I am trying to find out what the largest size for a curved radius light bar to be able to fit across the top of the windshield would be. 50" is too small for a curved bar. I have seen that they come in many different sizes 50", 52", 54", 55", 56", and 60" are some of the ones I've found. 54 is the largest I have seen a pic of mounted to an f250 but it still looks like it doesn't span the entire windshield or roofline. Also is there a specific number of output watts I should be looking for? They seem to range from 240w to 300w
Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 AM
A monkey banging cymbals

nmclella has much to be proud ofnmclella has much to be proud ofnmclella has much to be proud ofnmclella has much to be proud ofnmclella has much to be proud ofnmclella has much to be proud ofnmclella has much to be proud ofnmclella has much to be proud of
nathaniel.mclellan natemcle
Go out and measure the width of the windshield you want to take up.

Some sellers have diagrams that show the length from bracket to bracket, others don't. You could just shoot them an email to ask for dimensions if need be. From there you can compare your desired length from your measurements and gauge what size bar you want.

Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM
Bad Horse, he’s bad

Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.Apocalypse has a spectacular reputation.
llittle_llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post
Go out and measure the width of the windshield you want to take up.

Some sellers have diagrams that show the length from bracket to bracket, others don't. You could just shoot them an email to ask for dimensions if need be. From there you can compare your desired length from your measurements and gauge what size bar you want.
The XLT never came with LEDs, how do you know this?!? He is right though
05 Harley (knockoff) headlights and Grill
Über lightweight racing bumper
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs