1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I am just hear to complain because a long time, honest vendor didn't give me everything I wanted....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:26 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Thread title should read "I am just hear to complain because a long time, honest vendor didn't give me everything I wanted and now I am going to throw a fit". Newsflash, just because someone makes a mistake it doesn't entitle you to the keys to the store. Of course he isn't going to pay $50 or more dollars to overnight you a replacement when you only paid for economy shipping. Typical issue we have in America today, someone screws up and the other party thinks they are owed the world.

Turn it around for a second, how would you like it if someone publicly discredited every time you messed up at your job?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:50 AM
liquidlounge
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by brendank
Actually, the original order was purchased with the fastest shipping that the website offered.

That's would be a pretty poor stance to take as a business owner, don't you think? To say "oh, he's probably a one time customer, I might not see another order from him again so I'm not going to fix my mistake".

Again, I would rectify the issue by re-shipping by the same method as originally specified (and paying for it of course). As to the next point; DOR is basically a website/internet business with published prices, not exactly a recipe for customer loyalty. That must be built in other ways such as expertise and unique product offerings. I would bet DOR actually gets MORE business from this thread when folks check out his product offerings. It would never occur to me to buy oring kits from Rock-Auto, let alone the fact that nobody at Rock knows anything about a 7.3.
Honestly, I can't stand "nut-swinging" for a vendor, but in this case I think you are being a little unfair.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 AM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts
The vendor was wrong, the customer is right.
I won't do business with a business owner that acts this way to a customer.
I just finished buying a part off ebay, the first one wasn't exactly good.
I told the seller what the issue was, they sent me another one on their dime, the next day. No shipping item back, no paying for shipping on the next part.
Why? Because it was their fault.
That is how you do business, one time buyer, internet only store or not.

Last edited by dustyroad; 04-15-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 04-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Whitey Ford
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts
In my opinion to make any kind of logical determination, you would need to verify both sides of the story FIRST....

Old 04-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Will104
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow this post seems oddly familiar, i have to say with this modern age of costumer service which is getting harder and harder to find, sometimes sounding off publicly is the only way to make things happen. Especially with this forum, things amazingly seem to just get resolved because all the vendors seem to be on here. I have been a customer of bobs for years and love his great deals, but one thing i have learned especially recently is that when you order anywhere online you are rolling the dice, there is so much that can go wrong and people are real quick to take your money and move on not so much with the follow up, so i always try and call before placing my order and sometimes that isn't enough. And it must be nice for all of you that are not in the public eye and immune from criticism when working. When some of us make a mistake at a minimum you get reamed out publicly and bring down multiple inspectors and state, federal, and local agencies and at worst it can windup on the news and cost lives, so boo hoo a business gets called out on the internet for supposedly not delivering what they were paid to deliver in the time they were originally paid to deliver it. To Brendan K i am sorry you have such a terrible local ford dealer, Bonnell Ford in Winchester Ma can get any part by 9 am the next day as long as you order before 3pm and its the same at all the other local dealers. Good luck i hope you can get a hpop line in time for your job, if in a pinch you might want to try your local hydraulic shop and have one made or junk yard, i've been lucky and found new lines on trucks there. I hope none of y'all take this as a bash on Bob, I love his business but no one is immune from criticism and that is what pushes us all to do better.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:27 AM
brendank
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should make it clear that the reason that I bought the parts from Bob in the first place was his reputation. I was referred to him by a close friend who had nothing but good things to say about him, and I also checked some reviews online which I do as standard procedure before I buy anything from anyone.

This means that when I was treated poorly as a customer, I felt a lot more let down than I would have if I was dealing with a random internet company.

I knew this thread would receive some hate, and I'm ok with that. I just wanted everyone here to see that sometimes a vendor that you think is safe to deal with does not have your best interests in mind when things go wrong.

And to those thinking that this is a one side story - I emailed the link to this thread to Bob not long after I posted it. He has responded to my email since, so obviously he has seen this thread and has decided not to post.

He has stood firm on refusing to next day shipping the part for ~$50. I have no choice here other than to accept his offer, but I am not happy about it. If I would have known the way Bob was going to deal with this, I would have ordered somewhere else to begin with. Plenty of other places have comparable parts for a comparable price. If I wanted to go to a different vendor now, it would end up costing me more shipping and it would take the same amount of time. I don't know about you, but if I'm out for lunch and my order is brought to me and it's incorrect, I would expect that I return to first on the list and not to the back of the line. Seems reasonable to me to not have to wait twice on someone elses mistake.

And for the record, I run a business as well and in my world if an error is made it is absolutely required to go as far above and beyond as the client requires to fix the issue. This is something that anyone who owns or runs a business knows - sometimes you have to eat a bit of the $ on your own mistake and chalk it up to customer service.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:00 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
Received 786 Likes on 575 Posts
As I understand it the only difference between the two hoses is the passenger side has elbows at both ends. If time is an issue, is it not possible to use the hose you have, "correct" or not?

Old 04-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry you didn't get the service you expected but sometimes that happens. Back in December I ordered a turbo rebuild kit and I received a pedestal rebuild kit instead. I called Bob and he said send it back and in the mean time I will send the correct one to you. Once he got the part I sent he refuned me the money. This was all done within 3 days. We are only human and mistakes will happen and will always order from Bob.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The same group of guys on here are always very bitter anytime someone doesn't like the service at Riffraff or DieselOrings. It's just par for the course. I'm glad you bit the bullet and posted, don't let the fanatics get you down. Ignore anyone that snaps at you for posting a review. If they're not on the take then they're just village idiots. Either way they're not worth the stress.

I agree with one thing here though, you should have gotten the part overnighted. No BS about standard shipping. If I mess up I'll eat a mile of my customer's poo to make things right. And then some. With a smile.

That said, I've ordered from Bob twice now and the shipping is always fast, the parts correct. I'll order from him again too. Happily...but I will be sure to start writing notes on the order if there's a place to do so specifying if my order contains two of anything "Note this is for two different HPOP lines, not two of the same..."

Sometimes people get in a hurry and mess up. Happens to all of us. A little reminder note never hurts. Still, overnight free shipping and a huge apology is in order assuming everything you said is right.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:02 PM
DieselDenny
Cargo Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Sorry fellas but..........

I come to this forum to get educated and resolve problems.

I raised two lovely girls and have witnessed plenty of slap fights.

Watching this thread go down isn't about repairing a vehicle or offering help.

First and foremost, the OP has a problem. You don't air out merchandizing on this site. You come here for wisdom and advice.

Our peeps aren't insulating vendors because you dropped your pacifier.

Denny

Old 04-15-2015, 05:38 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Closed, before well just before!