1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I am just hear to complain because a long time, honest vendor didn't give me everything I wanted....

Old 04-14-2015, 08:58 PM
brendank
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pikachu
No, because it wasn't there when I started typing. And if that was the case, why didn't you state it in your first post? Quite frankly, now I think you're just making things up as you go along.
I admit, I should have included that in my first post.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:03 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by brendank
Waiting a week for parts is still a fairly common thing. The difference here is that I've already waited the week. So now I get to wait another and I get to deal with the downtime of a vehicle that I use for work, and the company that made the error bears no responsibility ? That's not the way it works.
No .. That is the way it works .
I ordered a Cat engine for a customer . It cost about 10 grand .
It had to be shipped from Germany , WTF ! . Had to pay before it was shipped . One month later ,,, It arrived .
IH parts , with a Nissan Diesel , Expect 3 months for the proper parts to arrive .
Ask me how I know .

Old 04-14-2015, 09:18 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree that the customer is always right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless they have an attitude.

I may very well order some o-rings, just because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Judging by your friendliness and understanding in this thread, I'm sure you were very courteous and understanding when talking with Bob.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:21 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by JWC 3
No .. That is the way it works .
I ordered a Cat engine for a customer . It cost about 10 grand .
It had to be shipped from Germany , WTF ! . Had to pay before it was shipped . One month later ,,, It arrived .
IH parts , with a Nissan Diesel , Expect 3 months for the proper parts to arrive .
Ask me how I know .
Today I was at a truck garage and they had a trailer in there with 2 wheel hubs off. They called Merritor for new ones and were told it would be August before any more would be available!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Trucks ?
Like this one at my shop ?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:34 PM
brendank
New User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
I agree that the customer is always right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless they have an attitude.

I may very well order some o-rings, just because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Judging by your friendliness and understanding in this thread, I'm sure you were very courteous and understanding when talking with Bob.
I was very polite and courteous until it became clear that Bob was not willing to do anything other than standard ship the correct parts and had no intention of going out of his way to correct his mistake. I was not offensive by any stretch.

Let me ask you, when you get mistreated by a company, do you just turn around and take it for what it is? Or do you stand up for yourself?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:34 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
It was a TA Truckstop. The hubs were off a semi trailer that got in last Thursday.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:43 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
I just had a Trailer today , small one , with Dexter axles . Tomorrow before I can get seals and bearings . Hope they are correct ! Don't want to start a blog about poor service ....

Old 04-14-2015, 09:43 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I was very polite and courteous until it became clear that Bob was not willing to do anything other than standard ship the correct parts and had no intention of going out of his way to correct his mistake. I was not offensive by any stretch.

Let me ask you, when you get mistreated by a company, do you just turn around and take it for what it is? Or do you stand up for yourself?
I guess it depends on your definition of mistreatment. I've found myself in all kinds of situations over the years with one company or another. I try to be understanding. I know what it's like to have my work truck broke down for much longer periods of time. It stinks, but what can you do? Having said that, I'll let you in on a little secret that perhaps you haven't picked up on. You came on here and attempted to put a knife in someone that is among the highest respected guys/sponsors on this site. And we aren't going to let you do that. He's still better than your local option. I guarantee he's better priced.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:46 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by JWC 3
I just had a Trailer today , small one , with Dexter axles . Tomorrow before I can get seals and bearings . Hope they are correct ! Don't want to start a blog about poor service ....
Me neither.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:58 PM
brendank
New User
Having said that, I'll let you in on a little secret that perhaps you haven't picked up on. You came on here and attempted to put a knife in someone that is among the highest respected guys/sponsors on this site. And we aren't going to let you do that. He's still better than your local option. I guarantee he's better priced.
That's no little secret. The first sentence in my first post - "Now I know that this is probably going to be received with hate...." I thought there would be a very good chance that there would be at least one guy just like you who wouldn't be willing to hear anything other than praise about Bob. But that's ok, you're entitled to your own opinion. That's the beauty of the internet.

And it's not about putting a knife into anyone. In fact, I want him to read this and say, hey, maybe I should have been nicer to that guy and just next day'd the parts to him. In fact, I sent an email to him about half an hour ago with the link to this thread.

It's sad that it has to come down to this with any vendor but I would say having reviews like this out their for potential customers to see is far worse than eating a bit of shipping on your own mistake.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:01 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Spite is a bitter pill .

Old 04-14-2015, 10:01 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Yes, that's the reason I joined, and because I know that Bob is active on here. If you really want to know, I posted on powerstroke.org as well.

The local price was nearly $300 per side, and they would have been looking at around a week to get them in as well. So locally is not such a hot option.

The online buying trade off?? What trade off? A UPS man brings the parts to my door, which I order on the premise that the parts that I actually ordered will show up. Far more cheap and convenient than running around to parts places.

What I had planned on was that he would overnight ship me the correct part, which I would be willing to pay for over the phone (The part, not the shipping). Then I would ship the old part back and get a refund for its cost and its shipping. Not expecting to keep anything that's not mine, but there's no reason I should be out $$ or out time for a mistake that had nothing to do with me.
So, you were going to pay for the part, but you wanted him to pay for the overnight shipping? How much was the parts? And how much for overnight shipping?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:05 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
That's no little secret. The first sentence in my first post - "Now I know that this is probably going to be received with hate...." I thought there would be a very good chance that there would be at least one guy just like you who wouldn't be willing to hear anything other than praise about Bob. But that's ok, you're entitled to your own opinion. That's the beauty of the internet.

And it's not about putting a knife into anyone. In fact, I want him to read this and say, hey, maybe I should have been nicer to that guy and just next day'd the parts to him. In fact, I sent an email to him about half an hour ago with the link to this thread.

It's sad that it has to come down to this with any vendor but I would say having reviews like this out their for potential customers to see is far worse than eating a bit of shipping on your own mistake.
You are the first person that I have ever heard of that has something bad to say about Bob and Diesel-O-Rings.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:09 PM
brendank
New User
So, you were going to pay for the part, but you wanted him to pay for the overnight shipping? How much was the parts? And how much for overnight shipping?
Yes.

The original order was for $306.

I can't say for sure what price it would be to ship but I see that USPS has a 1-3 day option starting at $51. It just an HPOP line so it would probably fit in one of their smaller envelopes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am just hear to complain because a long time, honest vendor didn't give me everything I wanted....