Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need pictures of engine bay, emissions diagram 1993 F250 Gas

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 01:46 AM
DeathRangerofDeath
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawkeye2
Dang it, I spent a good deal of time on a response and it got lost when I went to post the pictures.

Thank you all for the responses. Hopefully D R of D can post the picture to see if his set up is similar to mine. As can be seen, the crimped hoses are white and black. Thanks also for the heads up on the cruise control issue. Mine looks different than the set up in the picture but my truck does have cruise control.

Scndcin, the A/C worked last time I had it but it no longer does. The heater does work. The codes are as follows:

328: EGR (EVP) Voltage below closed limit

172: EGO not switching Lean exhaust Bank-1

327: EGR EVP pressure feedback EGR (PFE) / Delta pressure feedback EGR (DPFE) signal too low

332: EGR valve not opening

Other non-engine (oh boy)

536: Brake on / off (B00) circuit fault

617: 1-2 shifter error

618: 2-3 shifter error

628: Excessive converter clutch slippage

On mine, the top portion of the vacuum canister has the WHITE hose on the right nipple, and the BLACK hose on the right nipple on the lower portion.

Like I said, the RED is vacuum straight from the engine, and it gets split right before the vacuum canister and goes to BOTH left nipples (they're marked "VAC" right behind the nipples on the canister itself)

Also, I had a persistent 628 TCC slip, which I believe turned out to be the main harness plug into the transmission. I hadn't heard of this one before, so I pulled the transmission and replaced the torque converter, but then someone on here mentioned the plug being the usual cause.

I checked it out and lo and behold, almost all of the wires were frayed. So, I put the converter in since I had the trans out, but I'm pretty sure the wires falling apart at the plug was the real reason. Probably yours too. I got my repair harness from NAPA for like $70ish.. You can get it a lot cheaper on the internet if you're not in a hurry for it.

^ Can only see the one wire here, but from the other side once I wiped away the crap, most of them were bare.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Hawkeye2
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks subford. I am I attaching a picture of the vacuum diagram. I spend time going over it yesterday and could not really make much sense of it. Part of the problem is that the location of the components don't match the diagram, from what I can tell. I am still trying to figure out where the hose coming from the throttle goes to, the one with blue head bolt (used to cap it) in the pictures I posted. I found another line that was disconnected. It had a piece of black hard plastic line on it. I went ahead and connected it next to the upper outlet to the right of the red (vac) one on the canister, like the one in your picture. I will post pictures of all these lines to give you guys a better idea.

Also, thanks for the information on the 628 code. I had not noticed any slippage but I went ahead and added a bottle of the Lucas additive anyway. I will check the harness when I get a chance.

Thanks again. MMA

Old 04-19-2015, 11:23 PM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts
FPRC = Fuel Pressure Regulator Control, The fuel pressure regulator located on fuel rail near back of engine drivers side.

AIR D = Secondary Air Injection Diverter valve for sending air from air pump to the exhaust system. system.

AIR B = Secondary Air Injection Bypass valve for sending air from air pump bypass valve for sending unwanted air to atmosphere.

CARBON CAN =The carbon canister below the passenger headlight canister is a device designed to hold dry material. The evaporative emission canister contains activated charcoal which absorbs fuel vapors and holds them until the vapors can be purged at an appropriate time.

CANP = Canister Purge Valve for the fuel vapors to the throttle body. Located on the hose between the throttle body and the carbon canister.

MAN VAC = Engine main vacuum source. Located on the intake manifold.

EGR = The Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve. Located near throttle body.

MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor located above heater box on the safety wall.

VRESER = Vacuum RESERvoir, The big black container in question. You should have had two of them but someone has replaced them after the truck was built.

EVR/EGR = EGR Vacuum Regulator valve located near the Ignition coil.

SOL V/AIR D = Secondary Air Injection Diverter solenoid valve located near the Ignition coil.

SOL V/AIRB = Secondary Air Injection Bypass solenoid valve located near the Ignition coil.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Hawkeye2
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks subford, this will help me quite a bit in finding where the hoses go. I won't get a chance to look into it until the weekend but I am looking forward to nail this one. Will report back and thanks again. MMA