6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

New Truck Pricing Help/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:24 PM
bkuuz1
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
New Truck Pricing Help/Advice

Hello,

Looking for some advice on a Reasonable price for this truck. I understand that everyone has a difference of opinion as to what reasonable is but I thought I would ask and see if there is a general consensus. Through my work I have the Ford X plan buying program too.

The truck, I am highly considering is a

F350 6.7 Auto
4x4 Short Bed 18" Wheels
40/20/40 front seat.
3.55 E-Locker
Chrome PKG
FX-4
11500# GVWR PKG
Rapid Heat
Camper Package
Snow Plow PKG
5th Wheel Hitch Prep. Package
Upfitter Switches
Extra Heavy Duty Alternator
Heated Rear Seat
Lariat Ultimate Package
. Navigation System
. Power Slide Moonroof
. Memory Group
. Remote Start
. Tailgate Step
. Heated/Cooled Front Seats

The listed base price for this truck is $50,360.00
Total Options/Other $14,660
Destination & Delivery 1,195.00

Thanks for the help.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:35 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Go to kbb.com and run your specs. You'll see both the list price and invoice pricing. I'll be pricing a 2016 in about 6 months. So have been looking at all pricing sites. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2015, 10:05 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bkuuz1
Hello,

Looking for some advice on a Reasonable price for this truck. I understand that everyone has a difference of opinion as to what reasonable is but I thought I would ask and see if there is a general consensus. Through my work I have the Ford X plan buying program too.

F350 6.7 Auto
4x4 Short Bed 18" Wheels
40/20/40 front seat.
3.55 E-Locker
Chrome PKG
FX-4
11500# GVWR PKG
Rapid Heat
Camper Package
Snow Plow PKG
Upfitter Switches
Heated Rear Seat
Lariat Ultimate Package
. Navigation System
. Power Slide Moonroof
. Memory Group
. Remote Start
. Tailgate Step

Thanks for the help.
So, what is the Out the door price? Is the base the price with the xplan? Where are you located? Is this a volume dealer? Seems an okay starting point price, I think you can get them down lower though.
Nice options list BTW, the only thing is, when you start optioning out a lower trim model, it can get very expensive, you might be able to get a higher trim level (with most options listed as standard, for the same price and sometimes lower) that's how I ended up with a Platinum, doesn't make sense but, it is what it is. Pricing will depend alot on your geographic location and the demand for trucks in your area also.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
Figure about $9500 off the sticker is pretty reasonable price and an average type of discount and rebates combined. I had an xplan pin and didn't use as it a couple hundred $ cheaper to just go Invoice minus the rebates

Plus if you hunt around a little you can usually get a $500 coupon by joining something like, Mustang Club of America, Quarter Horse Association, Police Officer Association etc. These may cost you $50 to join, but you get $500 off

Old 04-09-2015, 10:15 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
I ended up with a little over 12K off the truck. The dealership I purchased from is a volume dealer and gave me all applicable rebates AND xplan pricing, mainly because there are several Ford dealerships in the area.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Mtncrash1
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If this truck is on the dealer lot ask to see the invoice. On it you will see invoice, a-plan and, x- plan. When I bought mine the dealer had it discounted down to the a- plan and then the rebates. And remember the rebates are good no matter what price point you are at. Or at least at the a-plan price. (We used to get that when my wife worked for Ford credit)

Old 04-10-2015, 05:54 AM
93-331-29PSI
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd double check the options you've got listed. Snow prep will cancel the camper package and vice versa. You can't build one with both options.

As for price I'd say you should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 56k-57k. There are some dealers out there that sell below the Xplan prices, but you may have to travel to get those deals.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:39 AM
bkuuz1
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hello and thanks for the replies.

For couple of quick answers-

-The pricing I posted is the sticker pricing (window sticker).

- All options listed (Camper/Snow/5th Wheel/ etc.) are listed on the window sticker. I thought certain packages cancelled others but I could remember which ones.

-This truck is on the dealer lot a little more than four hours away from where I live. So if I travel there I want to be sure I have my ducks in a row.

- I new there is different tier pricing A-, X-, etc. but I've been told several times unless I have a family member who works for Ford I can not get the other plan pricing.

Hope I covered most of the questions. I'm working off my phone.

Again, thanks for all the input.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:57 AM
BIGDZL
Freshman User
Hello,

F350 6.7 Auto
4x4 Short Bed 18" Wheels
40/20/40 front seat.
3.55 E-Locker
Chrome PKG
FX-4
11500# GVWR PKG
Rapid Heat
Camper Package
Snow Plow PKG
Upfitter Switches
Heated Rear Seat
Lariat Ultimate Package
. Navigation System
. Power Slide Moonroof
. Memory Group
. Remote Start
. Tailgate Step

Thanks for the help.
I searched the country looking for the best truck at the best price. Ended up at truly one of the best dealerships in the nation...you don't often see real 5-star rated anything, much less a car dealership...but take a look at this:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...holiday%20ford

Mike and Vicki Timpson over at Holiday are amazing...they currently have 105 Super Duty's to choose from (and if they don't have it, they'll order it for you with the same margins). Here is just one example of their pricing: 2015 F350 Lariat MSRP $63,290, their price after all rebates $51,403...that's no joke savings. And this is in fact their real price...they only add about $200 in paperwork and local taxes--most of their trucks move in just a few days. I was shocked at how honest and straight-forward they are...here's this truck's page:

new 2015 Ford Super Duty F-350 Lariat in Whitesboro

Recently drove my new 2015 F350 Platinum back from Texas to Florida without thinking twice...giving them my business was a no-brainer. For the same exact sticker truck, my local Florida dealer wanted $65k and wouldn't budge, got it for $54,600 out the door from Holiday with zero negotiation.

Hope this helps...would have saved me months of research!

Old 04-10-2015, 10:25 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Last Nov. when the 2015's were still new items I got 10,500 off the sticker on my Platinum. Since your well into the model year I would expect at least that or better.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Mtncrash1
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello and thanks for the replies.

For couple of quick answers-

-The pricing I posted is the sticker pricing (window sticker).

- All options listed (Camper/Snow/5th Wheel/ etc.) are listed on the window sticker. I thought certain packages cancelled others but I could remember which ones.

-This truck is on the dealer lot a little more than four hours away from where I live. So if I travel there I want to be sure I have my ducks in a row.

- I new there is different tier pricing A-, X-, etc. but I've been told several times unless I have a family member who works for Ford I can not get the other plan pricing.

Hope I covered most of the questions. I'm working off my phone.

Again, thanks for all the input.

You are right about the a-plan and family pricing. However some dealers have been known to go there to get the sale. You said you have the x-plan pin , if you think you can get a lower
price don't let them know you have it. Once you throw that out there it's pretty much done. I have waited until I was happy with the amount they were giving me for trade then pulled the pin out.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:09 AM
w6pea
Tuned
Hello,

F350 6.7 Auto
4x4 Short Bed 18" Wheels
40/20/40 front seat.
3.55 E-Locker
Chrome PKG
FX-4
11500# GVWR PKG
Rapid Heat
Camper Package
Snow Plow PKG
Upfitter Switches
Heated Rear Seat
Lariat Ultimate Package
. Navigation System
. Power Slide Moonroof
. Memory Group
. Remote Start
. Tailgate Step

Thanks for the help.
You might look at the link below and then go to Truecar.com and build one and see the price differences.
Good Luck

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ived-this.html

Old 04-11-2015, 07:38 AM
dmags
Senior User
I used true car for the last 2 Honda mini vans I bought and saved $$
It definitely made it hassle free and I THINK I got a good deal

I did get 10k peeled off the sticker when I got the '14
Also got a boatload for my 2011 6.7
My 3 yr. old truck depreciated $3500 from my original sale price (not sticker)
Negotiate and be patient you will find a dealing dealer.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Thenewboss
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My advice is don't drop the X-plan on them until you are done negotiating, this is why; after all the haggling for the truck in my signature was done I asked for the X-plan price and what we had negotiated ended up being less then A-plan. So if you go right in with X-plan you may end up short changing yourself on the negotiations. For reference the sticker in my new truck was $68,000, my trade was $18,000, I ended up out the door for $39,000. They wanted to get rid of the truck because it was a custom order that ended up sitting for a month or so, their mistake = my good deal. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by dmags
I used true car for the last 2 Honda mini vans I bought and saved $$
It definitely made it hassle free and I THINK I got a good deal

I did get 10k peeled off the sticker when I got the '14
Also got a boatload for my 2011 6.7
My 3 yr. old truck depreciated $3500 from my original sale price (not sticker)
Negotiate and be patient you will find a dealing dealer.
The whole reason I traded in for my 2015 was the depreciation wasn't all that bad on it. I wasn't as lucky as you to only loose $3500 off purchase price though.

I got around $10.5k off sticker for my 2015, including rebates at the time, I bought it in the summer of 2014 - My Trade in and purchase, IMHO, wasn't a great deal, but I did make it up here in Alaska where unless you have A,Z,D,X Plan pricing it is tough to make a great deal. Although the other difference was that I didn't have to pay several thousand in sales taxes... It was only $15 the max amount you can pay in any one transaction. My only check tomake sure it was an OK deal was that I did get the same pricing that sending out requests to "volume" dealers that heavily discount would have done. I did beat Costco, TrueCar, and Carsdirect pricing at the time. But I know they made up for it on my trade. Ohh and I did get a $200 fuel card, which turned into $320. They had a glitch and it was delayed so they gave me a free tank of fuel while I was waiting for it to come in.

If you join one of those places for $40 or $50 to get the $500 coupon, do it immediately, you have to wait 30 days to take advantage of it.

Quick Reply: New Truck Pricing Help/Advice