1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Here Goes Nuthin! AC install

Old 04-12-2015, 09:41 PM
sweetlou1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya better hurry, 100 deg by next Saturday. Just saying........................

Old 04-12-2015, 10:37 PM
GRoper
Senior User
Originally Posted by sweetlou1
Ya better hurry, 100 deg by next Saturday. Just saying........................
Lol! Thanks for the reminder dick! Its ok. I dont mind 100. Its 110+ that I become a snivelin sissy.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:57 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Well in that case, I would need the numbers off your existing pulleys to figure out what ya got.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:44 PM
GRoper
Senior User
I'll get the numbers when I replace the radiator hose and mount the compressor.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:42 AM
sweetlou1
Senior User
Originally Posted by GRoper
I'll get the numbers when I replace the radiator hose and mount the compressor.
If you need to look at a factory AC in a '72 250 let me know because I am around the corner from ya.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:07 PM
GRoper
Senior User

Bracket painting. Damn exciting stuff. I'll remove upper the radiator hose and mount the compressor later if I have time. Maybe loosen the radiator and move it back and start messing with condenser mounting points.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:04 PM
GRoper
Senior User

Got the compressor mounted and pulled the radiator to start putting in mounting points for the condenser today. Looks like I'm going to have to move the radiator towards the cab about 1/2" to get clearance. Its slow but making a little progress as my schedule allows.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 PM
JCSunsfan
Junior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is the kit complete? What extra parts did you need to buy? Also, you said its AC only. Is the factory heat and defrost still functional with the new AC installed?

Old 04-27-2015, 06:21 PM
GRoper
Senior User
Originally Posted by JCSunsfan
Is the kit complete? What extra parts did you need to buy? Also, you said its AC only. Is the factory heat and defrost still functional with the new AC installed?
Pretty much complete. The only thing I know I have to get at this point is a different water pump pulley, a belt and a different upper radiator hose. I had to remove the factory heater box and core to make room for the blower but they make combo kits for heat also.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:28 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Sweet ride Roper, and please do show all the photos you can. I am gathering the parts & pieces to put A/C in my '67. You are breaking trail for me, but so far, I only have the FridgeKing after market, under dash, unit. I have the 300 IL 6, and could not find a retro unit for the 6, only the 8's... oh well, I can piece it together, with a little help from my friends..

Salude amigo

Baja

Old 04-30-2015, 11:00 PM
GRoper
Senior User
Originally Posted by bajafishnut
Sweet ride Roper, and please do show all the photos you can. I am gathering the parts & pieces to put A/C in my '67. You are breaking trail for me, but so far, I only have the FridgeKing after market, under dash, unit. I have the 300 IL 6, and could not find a retro unit for the 6, only the 8's... oh well, I can piece it together, with a little help from my friends..

Salude amigo

Baja
Thanks! Will do! Its slow going as I don't have a lot of spare time but ifigure she will be done by Christmas. Lol! If you want pics of anything specific let me know. I like your truck a lot by the way. Cheers bud!

Old 05-01-2015, 04:49 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Thanks amigo, the restore has taken over 4 years, but I've had my truck for over 45 years now. So, its a labor of love, now that I have retired and my truck has semi-retired too. I will keep this thread alive with some of my install photos this summer, although I suspect that you have all the directions, from you kit, on how to install it..

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would love to have some instructions, as I am starting from scratch. And I know from nothing about installing A/C. Thanks amigo, and good luck to you..

Baja

Last edited by bajafishnut; 05-01-2015 at 04:50 AM. Reason: typing error
Old 05-01-2015, 07:50 PM
GRoper
Senior User
Thanks amigo, the restore has taken over 4 years, but I've had my truck for over 45 years now. So, its a labor of love, now that I have retired and my truck has semi-retired too. I will keep this thread alive with some of my install photos this summer, although I suspect that you have all the directions, from you kit, on how to install it..

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would love to have some instructions, as I am starting from scratch. And I know from nothing about installing A/C. Thanks amigo, and good luck to you..

Baja
Of course! Next time I get out to the shop ill snap some photos of the instructions and post them for you. Might be a week or so but ill get them up as soon as I can bud!

Old 05-02-2015, 08:20 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Thanks very much amigo. No hurry, as I am North of the border, and not headed South until early June. Just gathering parts while I am in the land of plenty..

Baja

Old 05-09-2015, 03:24 PM
GRoper
Senior User

Baja
Here you go Compa. I'm battling a case a vertigo so I didn't do any work to the truck today but I did manage to get some shots of the instructions this morning for you. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here Goes Nuthin! AC install