Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psyclopse's "up from the ashes" build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Excursion camper
Ummm! OK! That`s not a K car. That`s a Caddy! Get your cars straight!

Otherwise good job!
I know, I made the picture after I made the post and forgot I said K car lol

Old 04-20-2015, 11:03 AM
1 Excursion camper
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's OK, your forgiven!

Old 04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might be a little late to the party, but here is C1047....

Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:26 PM
HaydenFryGuy
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's funny. I almost purchased this same truck. I talked to the guy you bought it from last fall for probably 1/2 hour trying to buy parts off of that truck but he ended up wanting to keep it all intact... apparently so he could end up selling it to you!! LOL. I live south of Bloomington....Semper Fidelis.

Matt J

Old 04-21-2015, 05:52 AM
Psyclopse
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C1047
Yes, I'm still needing info on one wire in this connector. Not sure what year your info is from, Archion, but it doesn't match what I have. Same plug, just different wires altogether...

OOXX
OOOX

Starting from top left:
PPL/ORG (1436) Parking Aid
DK-GRN/PPL (1435) Parking Aid
BLANK
BLANK

Starting from bottom left:
LT-BLU/WHT (70) Parking Aid
LT-BLU/PNK (?) ???
BLK/LT-BLU (53) Running board lamps
BLANK

Old 04-21-2015, 05:58 AM
Psyclopse
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by HaydenFryGuy
That's funny. I almost purchased this same truck. I talked to the guy you bought it from last fall for probably 1/2 hour trying to buy parts off of that truck but he ended up wanting to keep it all intact... apparently so he could end up selling it to you!! LOL. I live south of Bloomington....Semper Fidelis.

Matt J
I had no idea it was listed that long. I had just started using a site that searches multiple Craigslist ads at once. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably never have found it. It was missing a few parts though when I got it- the tail lights, passenger side running board, and the switch panel from the driver side door.

He did send me a message that he found another key fob and would mail it to me, but that was a couple weeks ago and I've not seen it yet. I think that it's just the way he is- it took me many tries to get him to return my messages when I was trying to buy it.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:43 AM
Archion
Postmaster
Yeah, sorry, I looked it up for mine out of habit. What's weird is AllData does not have C1047 referenced in 00, but here is the 01. Looks close.

Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2015, 06:51 AM
TheBigBee
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Ya that's the 2002 C1047 connector. I believe they may function the same but he coloring is different.

Edit: Dang you are fast needed to refresh my screen before I post.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Archion
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TheBigBee
Ya that's the 2002 C1047 connector. I believe they may function the same but he coloring is different.

Edit: Dang you are fast needed to refresh my screen before I post.
I am the ninja post master. You should see my edits.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Psyclopse
Posting Guru
Yeah, that second one is the right one. I just can't seem to find where the (LT-BLU/PNK) wire goes to. I have a hodge-podge of wiring diagrams and none of them show it.

I also seem to be missing where the (YEL/WHT) wire from the C1045 connector goes (pin #4). I'm pretty sure I had it before and thought it goes to the fuel tank. And then the (PNK/BLK) wire from the #16 pin.

Naturally, if I remove this harness from the vehicle like I did the others, I'll be able to figure out these wires. However, I am seriously considering just repairing this harness for the time being, unless I come across an Ex in one of the yards that is already pretty well stripped out with it's fuel tank already gone. This harness just looks like a major P.I.T.A. to remove from a vehicle that still has all it's bits and pieces.

The good news about this harness is that my Ex does NOT have Cali emissions, so that saves me from having to deal with 6 wires out of the C1045 connector. Plus, I CAN use a Cali emission harness- the extra wires just wouldn't go to anything.

At any rate, it is starting to look like this harness is just an overgrown "jumper harness." It starts at the firewall with the C1045, C1046 and C1047 plugs with most wires ending at the C401 and C407 plugs (with the exception of the C460 and C461 plugs for the running boards, the C441 plug for the fuel tank and whatever the plug is for the Differential Speed Sensor.

I'm so ready for some parts in hand! Come on 1st of the month!

Old 04-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Archion
Postmaster
Let me do some digging, it looks like 295 is a power distribution feed from the junction box, but I need to look at some other diagrams. I'll look at the other connector as well.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Archion
Postmaster
295 is a primary power distribution wire, Here are the 2 diagrams that I could find it on quick.

Attached Images   
Old 04-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Archion
Postmaster
And circuit 29 is all up in that fuel system, PCM, Lie-o-Meter etc... as is our friend 295 again. I have to get back to work now, but these should tide you over for a bit.

Attached Images       
Old 04-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Psyclopse
Posting Guru
Thanks!

That wraps up the C1047 connector! So all of C1047 goes to the Parking Aid Module except for one wire, which is to running board lights. It also wraps up the C1045 connector. The reason I couldn't find those two wires is I didn't have those two diagrams in my collection.

So... was the Parking Aid an option on a Limited? I have the wires running back as part of the 14405 harness, BUT I don't have the 4 sensors on the back of the vehicle. I *think* I know where the module might be (in the compartment with the rear HVAC?) so I'll check that way- to be sure someone didn't replace the rear bumper with a base model bumper or something.

I really should wait until I confirm or deny my having P.A.M. before asking this next question, but I'm afraid I'll get side tracked and will forget it...

If I actually have a P.A.M., will the ECM care if the module is unplugged?

The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure I can get the C1045 connector apart, and using a pin-pusher, I think I can salvage enough pinned wires from C1046 to get C1045 temporarily up and running by splicing in the salvaged wires.

C1045 is all the important stuff- tail lights, DSS, fuel tank.
C1046 is all trailer wiring with the exception of reverse lights, which isn't a big deal at the moment (it'll allow me to work on other stuff first without feeling rushed for this harness. Plus- no inspections in Indiana)
C1047 is just P.A.M. and running board lights.

So if the PCM doesn't care that P.A.M. is unplugged, I can temporary-up the important bits of this harness until I get the more important stuff bought and installed (unless, of course a cheap, pristine 14405 harness presents itself!)

Thank you all for your help on the wiring system. I now know way more than I ever wanted to about it. It's almost sad now that the interior wasn't burned out- then I'd know every bit of wiring on a 2000 Excursion...

Of course, that was sarcasm...

Old 04-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Psyclopse
Posting Guru
Okay, ONE MORE request for connector pin-outs and harness numbers, and I shouldn't need any more:

1) C401 (at the rear end of the 14405 harness, contains lights and P.A.M. wires)
2) C407 (at the rear end of the 14405 harness, contains the trailer wires)
3) C441 (the fuel tank connector)
4) C467 (I assume it is a floor-pass-through connector, contains P.A.M. wires)
5) C421 (should be the connector for the P.A.M. module)
6) Unknown connector name for the Differential Speed Sensor (need name & pin-out)

Additional info needed:
1) Is C451 the connector to the trailer receptacle?
2) What is the harness number for the jumper between 14405's C407 and the C451?
3) What is the harness number for the tail light harness, and-
4) Am I correct that the tail light harness begins at C401 and ends with branches to tail lights, reverse lights and the C467 connector?

I did try to Google all of this information (my list of questions was 3X longer before searching). I'm wanting to diagram this harness out like I did for 15525. This one is especially important since I'm going to slice, splice and dice just the important bits for now until I can get other goals met.

Oh, and I still need to know if it's cool with the PCM to have the P.A.M. unplugged.

Quick Reply: Psyclopse's "up from the ashes" build thread.