6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Dealer made it Right!

Old 04-08-2015, 11:33 AM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Andy,
Enjoy your truck!
It is a beaut and I am glad that your dealer took care of you.
I am going to go drive mine and enjoy it now for 8 hours.
Pat

Old 04-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Andy Toth
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LabCab
Andy,
Enjoy your truck!
It is a beaut and I am glad that your dealer took care of you.
I am going to go drive mine and enjoy it now for 8 hours.
Pat
Thanks Pat!

Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Some of you guys kill me. Andy for what it's worth, I dont' think you're being unreasonable. Just wait until one of you guys has some sort of engine failure and your upset that Ford won't cover it because of X reason. I will be down your throats at that point too.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofan
Some of you guys kill me. Andy for what it's worth, I dont' think you're being unreasonable. Just wait until one of you guys has some sort of engine failure and your upset that Ford won't cover it because of X reason. I will be down your throats at that point too.
I'll be waiting with baited breath for that moment Matt. I'm sure it's right around the corner. Ohhhh... scary.... I'm going directly to my basement to hide cause something bad might happen. Yikes!

Originally Posted by Rattler1
Tell that to the spring hangers that, according to my mechanic who is a Ford man, have been a problem area on Fords for years.
Yeah, this is another epic problem happening with Fords EVERYWHERE! Run to other brands! Springs hangers will be the death of us!!!!

Old 04-08-2015, 06:48 PM
dmags
Senior User
Thanks Big Foot Looks good!!
Is that stuff tacky and can I wash it off at the end of the season ?
Are there any parts besides exhaust I should avoid?
Thanks

Old 04-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy Toth
All you guys expect to see rust because you have been down that road before well I didn't. This is my first new truck purchase and on any other new vehicle's that I have purchased never have I had this kind of rust. Had the dealer let me know to expect rust of any kind would have made the situation different. I would have been prepared better and would have gotten them to under coat the truck ( on my dime) before I took Delivery. The rust wasn't just limited to the tie rods. The sales manager is the one who told me that this was excessive and the worst he had ever seen and that's the reason they were going to take care of it.
Andy -
Maybe I was a little harsh.. Okay it's your first rodeo and many of us are sort of old-hands at some of this... Your initial post seemed rather boastful and irked me in a way because I know people in the business and some of them are doing their best to make an honest living and feed their families.
Had you explained that there was rust elsewhere and had shown pictures of that as well, maybe we would have reacted differently..

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your truck just like most of us are enjoying ours..

Regarding the undercoating they did - make sure that they did not plug the weep holes that are in the bottoms of the doors and elsewhere. Many of us have found that conventional rustproofing only makes the surfaces it is on look good, but rust actually starts on the inside and works its way out - even through the rustproofing eventually.. I am using Fluid Film as shown in pictures earlier. It's not a done once and forever process. It requires reapplication every 2-3 years in order to get the best protection. You also do the insides of the doors, quarters, fenders, rockers etc.. You can still do Fluid Film even though you have a conventional undercoating on your truck now..

Hang in there..

Old 04-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmags
Thanks Big Foot Looks good!!
Is that stuff tacky and can I wash it off at the end of the season ?
Are there any parts besides exhaust I should avoid?
Thanks
Not really tacky, it stays like a heavy oil and yes you can wash it off with a pressure washer.. It is lanolin based and is not harmful..
You can spray the exhaust and it will burn off slowly. The brake rotors should be avoided, but that's really it..

Old 04-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Wow... I guess some nerves where hit here... For a minute I thought I was on a Dodge forum.

Again, congrats... Enjoy your new ride. Next you will making threads about was mods you are doing.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:32 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As Rodney King said...."why can't we all get along?!!
I see both points here though,
Congrats on the New truck.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,942 Likes on 1,578 Posts
Last one in their truck and at 60 mph or above is a rotten egg...........

Old 04-09-2015, 04:31 AM
Andy Toth
Junior User
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Andy -
Maybe I was a little harsh.. Okay it's your first rodeo and many of us are sort of old-hands at some of this... Your initial post seemed rather boastful and irked me in a way because I know people in the business and some of them are doing their best to make an honest living and feed their families.
Had you explained that there was rust elsewhere and had shown pictures of that as well, maybe we would have reacted differently..

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your truck just like most of us are enjoying ours..

Regarding the undercoating they did - make sure that they did not plug the weep holes that are in the bottoms of the doors and elsewhere. Many of us have found that conventional rustproofing only makes the surfaces it is on look good, but rust actually starts on the inside and works its way out - even through the rustproofing eventually.. I am using Fluid Film as shown in pictures earlier. It's not a done once and forever process. It requires reapplication every 2-3 years in order to get the best protection. You also do the insides of the doors, quarters, fenders, rockers etc.. You can still do Fluid Film even though you have a conventional undercoating on your truck now..

Hang in there..
Thanks Randy,

I wasn't trying to be boastful or thinking I got one over on my dealer. Sometimes the point I am trying to make doesn't always come out the way I want it to. Like I said I am a newbie to all this and am just learning the ropes. I have never heard of fluid film until it came up in this post. I will definitely look into it. I understand things rust and I do expect it to happen. I am now better prepared in case I ever go through the truck buying process again.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:34 AM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Andy check this out....
Works great for me!

Old 04-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Rattler1
Senior User
Originally Posted by T diesel
Andy check this out....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcgNIGqrsGU
Works great for me!
Where did you get it done?

Old 04-09-2015, 07:07 AM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
I can't believe I've never heard of fluid film.

I have never seen an OEM driveshaft without rust on it so I expected rust on my trucks undercarriage. Do I wish everything underneath was rust free and painted or aluminum? Yeah, but I understand that you get what you pay for and painting every suspension piece is a bit over the top.
Fluid Film seems like a good option.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer made it Right!