Consumer Reports - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Consumer Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 AM
Postmaster

ford2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud offord2go has much to be proud of
Consumer Reports

I've had a lot of issues with Consumer Reports over the years, and things haven't changed.

Of late, they've been putting out a lot of web stuff with top 10 or top 20 and the like.

Today I saw one for the quickest and slowest 0 - 60 times.

Well, they had a few GMs and a lot of European and Japanese brands. They had Camaro, but no Mustang -- hmmm. I checked around and the Mustang was showing 0 - 60 numbers as good or better than the Camaro ( as I thought). And the Camaro was not at the top or bottom, but somewhere in the middle of their list.

So, it was just pretty much BS, as a lot of their stuff seems to be.

hj
Old 04-07-2015, 07:12 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I've been carrying mail for nearly 10 years and I've watched their subscription sales in the mail drop hugely. I used to purchase everything based on a consumer reports article, that was til they said that a family would be better buying a Prius for over 24K than another smaller car for around 15K. I think they are out of touch with American pay vs cost of living.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 04-07-2015, 03:22 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
I never believed their reports..

Always seemed to be flawed...

Probably they recommended whoever paid them the most..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 04-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Post Fiend

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
They are biased to foreign makes too.

Remember when they reviewed small pick-ups and rated the Mazda B-Series over the Ford Ranger?..............They are the same truck!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd
Dave
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 04-13-2015, 09:56 AM
Post Fiend

jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.
Their reviews of paints and stains pretty much did it for me, since I have (a lot of) experience in that area. What they were rating as tops was overpriced, and a major pain in the rear to use. One paint in particular that they rated very well had a tendency to both drag (not brush easily) and sag (run after application), which are normally mutually exclusive traits in a paint. CR doesn't fully explain their test methods with paints, but I suspect that they don't apply them as they would be by homeowners and pros in the field. In other words, I suspect they apply them by machine to get a consistent "wet-mil thickness", rather than by typical brush, roll and spray (and exterior paints that are sprayed need to be back-brushed if applied to an absorbant substrate like wood).

Jason

Probably the greatest harm done by vast wealth is the harm that we of moderate means do ourselves when we let the vices of envy and hatred enter deep into our own natures.
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 04-13-2015, 09:56 AM