Sponsored by: DP Tuner

02 Stolen Friday Night

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sowaxeman
Damn man....sorry to hear this. I'll keep my eyes peeled as I too am in Greenwood, IN!! Where at? I'm in the CG/WRT area and mine too sits outside in the driveway. Kind of unnerving to hear this!
Johnson County auto theft Lt. just called me and said there have been 4 other 01/02 CC trucks stolen in the last weeks down here. I'm on Stones Crossing just west of CG schools. Third house west of Verizon. You will see my 5th wheel (without truck) on the east side of my house.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM
sowaxeman
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm guessing the broken rear slider is your suspicion on how they got in? What part of Greenwood you in?

...nevermind, just saw this went to page 2 and your post above ;-) Thats all large land properties as I recall so probably not a lot of fear of neighbors to see the crooks :-( I'm in Carefree so closer neighbors I guess. Hope they find it for you and its not torn up. Good luck.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Glowplugger
Rural or city area? This is one of my biggest fears. I'm wondering if investing in LoJack might be a good idea.

I hope you get her back safe and sound. You might keep an eye on craigslist and ebay just in case.
I checked CC list for my area. If you all don't mind searching your areas that would be cool.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
I'm sorry to hear this Orezona. In the driveway , hotel or somewhere else?

Have the police given u any leads?
At least they didn't get my backup sensors!

Old 04-06-2015, 01:55 PM
sowaxeman
Elder User
I park my truck in the driveway, which wraps around my house to the back garage where I keep my "toys". I use the truck to block any exit should somebody break into my garage. Never thought of the truck as a target....damn.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:58 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Orezona
At least they didn't get my backup sensors!
I'll keep them locked up buddy......

This is the part that sucks crab a$$ for u that don't know Orezona. Not only has he helped me, but tons of others in the past on FTE & PSN..... To have this happen to a good person just makes it suck a$$ twice as much.........

I'll keep an eye on CL, and I'll keep looking through your old posts to see if there is a pic on FTE or PSN somehow.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:00 PM
sowaxeman
Elder User
I don't see it mentioned....250 or 350? I just spread the word on Facebook to keep an eye out.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
I'll keep them locked up buddy......

This is the part that sucks crab a$$ for u that don't know Orezona. Not only has he helped me, but tons of others in the past on FTE & PSN..... To have this happen to a good person just makes it suck a$$ twice as much.........

I'll keep an eye on CL, and I'll keep looking through your old posts to see if there is a pic on FTE or PSN somehow.
Thanks R. I would have rather given all the add-ons to you or Mike or an FTE'r than to a thief...

O'well, My friends and family are healthy.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sowaxeman
I don't see it mentioned....250 or 350? I just spread the word on Facebook to keep an eye out.
250. 4 inch MBRP exhaust. Has those International stickers that guy was selling back in the day. One above the F250 emblem on the tailgate and one in the center of the grille guard where the Ranch Hand tag was previously riveted on.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:19 PM
roostercrows
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your truck....
There was someone on here a while ago (years?) that had his truck stolen and returned not too long after, days if I recall correctly. I really hope that is the case with your truck....

Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Do you know many of the garages around your area? Mechanics and shop owners know people, both good and bad. Perhaps someone might be able to give you a lead as to where to look or drive by. I don't know how serious the police take vehicle theft. You may need to do the leg work to get it located.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:27 AM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 218 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
WOW that Cyclops is pricey for what looks like a flasher. They must have a patent on it. Looks neat though.

I bought mine a few years ago on a group buy, I think we paid about $100 each. When it was a couple of years old the remote stopped working and I called the guy. He had me send everything back and he fixed it and mailed it back, can't beat that kind of customer service.

I like the Club also as I believe it may prevent damage as when they see it they won't bother to break in.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:06 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Orezona
My 02 that I've had since 03 was stolen out of my driveway in Greenwood, Indiana, Friday night. White over Arizona beige, grille guard, rear steel number, ball bearing turbo, intake, exhaust, full regulated return, fuel bowl delete, dahl 150, power hungry tunes, egt, trans, boost and scan gauge, cb, brake controller, 5th wheel hitch and firestone airbags with compressor, switch and gauge. O, and x-code springs and bilstein shock, 17 inch Eagle rims and 285 Nitto Highway Terrain tires and Line-X.

Thieves......
Damn.

Damn damn damn.....

Let me know if there is any way we can help.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:15 PM
carl2591
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
this might be a wake up call to us 7.3L owners to make sure we have good pictures of the rig..

Uploading them to this site is a good start and if the computer they are stored on craps out at least you have here.. I use dropbox to upload pic to. Its done automatically from my phone or when i put my SD card in the computer it will ask to upload them.

plus now with a 1 TB portable drives at 50 bucks it make sense to put important info, ie picture on them to keep safe.

I hope you get your buddy back soon and in good as it left condition.

dam thieves.. shot on site

Old 04-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Some random thoughts and information based on my experience thus far.

*My documentation of upgrades and up-keep has been critical.
*Receipts are huge.
*Used parts save you money at the time but may be a loss in a situation like this.
*Pictures are good and your ability to explain your purchases are just as good (in my experience)
*Purchases from quality vendors that maintain purchase records is huge (in case a carbon receipt is faded)
*Make copies of carbon receipts (they don't fade)
*Your ability to explain the practical value of your truck is huge
*Your ability to explain your hard work and tedious maintenance is huge.
*Your knowledge of the open market desire for a 7.3 SD, pre-emission truck is huge
*Your **** OCD for your truck is huge.

These are just some random thoughts. I have more detailed information I will share when I feel it is appropriate. So far my local auto-theft law enforcement has been amazing in attempting to locate my truck and my insurance claim guy has been equally amazing.

**Protect your investment, it doesn't matter where you live. Thieves are transient in my opinion.

Quick Reply: 02 Stolen Friday Night