Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

New 2015 F 150

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:21 AM
riclar
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'm most likely wrong but I thought the backup sensors are the round black plugs on the bumper and they feed to signal to the device in the truck's cab. Glad to see that they fixed the airbag short for you

Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 PM
ccstp
Senior User
To everybody up in arms about the backup alarm not being loud enough.... What did you do before this technology was available? Crash into anything behind you and run over countless pedestrians?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ccstp
To everybody up in arms about the backup alarm not being loud enough.... What did you do before this technology was available? Crash into anything behind you and run over countless pedestrians?
I don't appreciate your cavalier attitude. The vehicle I just sold, a 2011 Nissan Murano, in order to buy the truck muted the stereo and beeped loudly if something got close to the rear bumper while backing up. My wife's 2014 GLK 250 does the same, but in this case it happens when anything gets close to the vehicle sides or rear while backing. So, for a 2015 vehicle that costs half-again what I paid for the Murano, and 20% more than the MB, to have a plaintive beep seems like a really poor design.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:22 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes didn't everyone? That's why I need this!! With the super cab and a cap there is a large blind spot when backing out of angled parking slot. OK the cross traffic warning when backing up works great, as long as it's a car and it's moving it scared the heck out of me today as this was the first time it went off. But that poor old lady that was walking behind me never set if any notice!

Old 05-01-2015, 01:28 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by riclar
'm most likely wrong but I thought the backup sensors are the round black plugs on the bumper and they feed to signal to the device in the truck's cab. Glad to see that they fixed the airbag short for you
I think you are thinking about the cameras.. Today was the first time I really started to enjoy the new truck funny how not having the airbag light on makes you feel better..

Took wife shopping all over the place and stoping at garage sales. I'm pleased with the mpg at 15 with all the stops we made. Miss not having a cap on the back.. Hope it shows up soon.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:45 PM
riclar
Junior User

This is not the issue. As we age, we come to rely on the tech that is available to us. Back before the advent of the sensor system we, of course, took as much care as possible to prevent accidents and harm our fellow citizens (although tragic cases of children being run over due to drivers not seeing then have occurred).

My point is, if the tech is available and given to you then it should be configureable by the end user or at the very least by the company that is providing it. An extra level of security to prevent unwanted accidents is always a good thing.

Rick

Old 05-01-2015, 01:50 PM
riclar
Junior User
Originally Posted by rmccbride
I think you are thinking about the cameras.

Nope, the black dots on your bumper are the backup sensors and the camera is by the tailgate handle, both work together. Glad that you are enjoying your new truck and I am sure that your MPG will increase as you put more miles on it.

I have 5000km on mine and am now averaging 23mpg.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:08 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by riclar
Nope, the black dots on your bumper are the backup sensors and the camera is by the tailgate handle, both work together. Glad that you are enjoying your new truck and I am sure that your MPG will increase as you put more miles on it.

I have 5000km on mine and am now averaging 23mpg.

I just looked at mine and the taillights have written on them that they hold the cross traffic radar! Which worked great today to warn me of a oncoming car while I was backing out of a parking space.

So I guess the black things in the bumper are the cameras and they might work to figure out how close you are to what's behind you but are not meant to be a warning that someone is walking behind you.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:14 PM
usedup
Junior User
I just looked at mine and the taillights have written on them that they hold the cross traffic radar! Which worked great today to warn me of a oncoming car while I was backing out of a parking space.

So I guess the black things in the bumper are the cameras and they might work to figure out how close you are to what's behind you but are not meant to be a warning that someone is walking behind you.
Please carefully read the post contained in this message. Black "things" are the proximity sensors and the backup camera is located by the tail gate opening handle.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:08 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by usedup
Please carefully read the post contained in this message. Black "things" are the proximity sensors and the backup camera is located by the tail gate opening handle.
This is correct my mistake!

Old 05-07-2015, 09:48 AM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 250 Likes on 177 Posts
This is correct my mistake!

Dear Bill, i love my 2015 F150.
Could you for 2017 bring out a new engine option for the trucks.
Say something around 8 or 9 liters In a V10 with a supercharger on it.
And bring back the manual transmission.
Not all of us are scared of chipping a nail because we had to actually shift.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:51 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by sky Cowboy
Dear Bill, i love my 2015 F150.
Could you for 2017 bring out a new engine option for the trucks.
Say something around 8 or 9 liters In a V10 with a supercharger on it.
And bring back the manual transmission.
Not all of us are scared of chipping a nail because we had to actually shift.
How many GPM would you like it to get?

Old 05-07-2015, 12:35 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

If it could get 5 mpg i would be ecstatic!

Old 05-07-2015, 12:36 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader

And yes i did see your saying gallons per mile.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:35 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
I drove a 10x10 in the service that would barely get 1 mpg. It had two 55 gallon fuel tanks, and I could "just" make a 130 mile convoy. That came to 1.18 mpg.

Was fun to drive though.

Quick Reply: New 2015 F 150