Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

April chat/general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:41 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Well it was pretty much a let down up here last week as well. But I will give them credit for Monday (4/13). They said it was going to rain most of the day, with periods of heavy rain with rainfall between an inch and two inches. The NWS is saying 1.13" fell up here yesterday...close enough. Jeff, you'd better hold off taking that truck off the ramps.
1.13" Pffffttttt!!! I think we got that in less than an hour. We ended up getting close to 2.5". River is on a slow rise again, but don't look for it to go as high as before.
Truck and ATV are on the ground, but that's easily changed if needed.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:54 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
1.13" Pffffttttt!!! I think we got that in less than an hour. We ended up getting close to 2.5". River is on a slow rise again, but don't look for it to go as high as before. Truck and ATV are on the ground, but that's easily changed if needed.
I look at it this way...while the rain is causing havoc for some...for others, like myself it is knocking all that tree pollen out of the air and I'm able to breath without having to consult medical assistance. And let's face it, if your well enough to walk around and handle a cup of coffee, you don't need a doctor!

Old 04-15-2015, 03:04 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Oh, I'm not complaining about the rain, I suffer from spring allergies too. Water levels like they are now make for easier river access, but land access is completely cut off. I need to haul in some building materials that I would prefer not to bring by sea. I hauled every stick of lumber I built the deck out of by boat, not fun.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:58 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Water levels like they are now make for easier river access, but land access is completely cut off. I need to haul in some building materials that I would prefer not to bring by sea. I hauled every stick of lumber I built the deck out of by boat, not fun.
Guess you could use a DUKW, though since this a Ford related site...maybe a Ford GPA (Sea Jeep) might be what you need since it is the rainy season in Arkansas.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:59 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Guess you could use a DUKW, though since this a Ford related site...maybe a Ford GPA (Sea Jeep) might be what you need since it is the rainy season in Arkansas.
Well, I do have a Ford V6 powered 53 *****'s Jeep sitting on 17/40 Monster Mudders that actually floats. I need to clean the gas tank and get a new fuel pump for it. As soon as the water goes down it'll be coming in here.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:21 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Well, I do have a Ford V6 powered 53 *****'s Jeep sitting on 17/40 Monster Mudders that actually floats. I need to clean the gas tank and get a new fuel pump for it. As soon as the water goes down it'll be coming in here.
It isn't one of those rumored Jeeps that have Ford script stamped into the body is it? While I can't say I've ever seen one, I've heard they're worth more than your average Jeep.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:20 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
It isn't one of those rumored Jeeps that have Ford script stamped into the body is it? While I can't say I've ever seen one, I've heard they're worth more than your average Jeep.
Nah, just one I built some years back. Lots of fun in the river bottoms.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:39 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Wow, a week and no one has anything to say? Guess it's back to you and me Jeff to keep the monthly thread "active". Are you still locked in by water over your driveway?
Nah, just one I built some years back. Lots of fun in the river bottoms.
I've often thought a Jeep would be fun to have as a spare ride...sort of like a motorcycle, not my only transportation. But I haven't hit the lottery yet...thus I'll have to wait until everything else is paid off. I must admit, I do get a chuckle out of the folks that have those brand new mall crawlers with all terrian tires. The only time those four-door Rubicon's see mud is when it falls off the back of a dump truck that's hauling down the road.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:22 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey fellas. Could have sworn I posted the other day. Sold my crewcab last night & found out I have a ****ing birds nest in my winch cable.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:17 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Are you still locked in by water over your driveway?
Yep, and the water is on the rise again. Been out of town for a few days, haven't had time to research to see how high its going this time. Always heard if the mayhaws bloom in water they'll fall in water, and they damn sure bloomed while standing in water. :-(

Old 04-29-2015, 07:39 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Yep, and the water is on the rise again.
Water is still rising, one flower bed under, another is surrounded by water. Used to be able to predict what the levels were going to be by the upstream gauges, but since budget cuts the locks aren't manned 24/7, so not sure how high its going. I'm sure it wont get as high as before though. Ramp to marina is under water again, parking on the bank at park, at least its a shorter walk. :-)

Old 04-29-2015, 10:51 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That stinks. Supposed to be sunny and dry here for the next several days. Hopefully that will help.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:33 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by cookie88
That stinks. Supposed to be sunny and dry here for the next several days. Hopefully that will help.
Still rising. :-( Supposed to crest upstream tomorrow, so hopefully not much more to come here.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:17 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
Did cook lake / fjord dry up over there?