Question for Moderator.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 02:25 AM
tripndrag
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Question for Moderator.

I am not sure why my albums are hidden in my galleries? I didn't see any directions or rules when I made the albums. After digging around on the site, when I saw the message on my hidden albums, I found some rules for posting pictures. I also saw that the following is suppose to pop up before you add pictures to an album:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the notice that everyone who creates a gallery should see when Before up-loading photo's to one's gallery.

Add Photo To Album

NOTE: Only Ford truck/suv/van related photos are allowed with the ONLY exception being for avatars used in your FTE message board postings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not get this message either. So anyway, I pretty much wasted about 20 minutes of my life because from what I read, you can't post anything but pictures of your truck. Is this correct?

I am not quite sure why you can't post pictures of all the things you install on your truck by themselves but it is fine to take pictures of them and post them when they are on your truck? Plus it also says you can't post pictures of projects but there are pictures of project trucks all over the place. Do the rules only apply to certain people? Is this a service you have to pay for?

Can someone please get back to me on this?

I think these rules should be all over the place on here and maybe just changed to say pictures of running vehicles only that are yours, from a distance with the the doors and hood closed. There are a lot of people out there with little computer knowledge that probably spend a ton of time working on these albums and find out it is all a waste of their time when the albums are hidden all of a sudden. They could have been enjoying their trucks and family.

Thanks for your help on this issue.

Old 08-02-2003, 02:49 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Question for Moderator.

Originally posted by tripndrag
I am not sure why my albums are hidden in my galleries? I didn't see any directions or rules when I made the albums. After digging around on the site, when I saw the message on my hidden albums, I found some rules for posting pictures. I also saw that the following is suppose to pop up before you add pictures to an album:

It does not "pop up".

The notice below is in the sticky in the User gallery forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the notice that everyone who creates a gallery should see when Before up-loading photo's to one's gallery.

Add Photo To Album

NOTE: Only Ford truck/suv/van related photos are allowed with the ONLY exception being for avatars used in your FTE message board postings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not get this message either. So anyway, I pretty much wasted about 20 minutes of my life because from what I read, you can't post anything but pictures of your truck. Is this correct?

That is correct.

I am not quite sure why you can't post pictures of all the things you install on your truck by themselves but it is fine to take pictures of them and post them when they are on your truck?

The pics of parts are considered tech photo's that are kept in hidden galleries to be referenced in posts.

Plus it also says you can't post pictures of projects but there are pictures of project trucks all over the place. Do the rules only apply to certain people? Is this a service you have to pay for?

We catch them as we find them.

Can someone please get back to me on this?

I think these rules should be all over the place on here and maybe just changed to say pictures of running vehicles only that are yours, from a distance with the the doors and hood closed. There are a lot of people out there with little computer knowledge that probably spend a ton of time working on these albums and find out it is all a waste of their time when the albums are hidden all of a sudden. They could have been enjoying their trucks and family.

Thanks for your help on this issue.
You can find more info by reading the rest of the posts here. It is all a learning curve for everyone, nothing is perfect.