Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2003, 01:31 PM
New User

sactochief is starting off with a positive reputation.
Touchpad code

I've read all the questions and answers about finding the code for the keyless touch pad, but it seems as if the code location changes from year to year. I just bought a 2003 Expedition(previous rental) and can't find the code or the relay in any of the previously identified locations. My dealer wants $75.00 to cough it up. Does anyone know where it is located?
Old 07-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Posting Guru

PaulC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Touchpad code

Just for laughs, look in the packet that contains the owner's manual (if you have it) for a credit card-sized piece of plastic that contains the five number code.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:27 PM
New User

Touchpad code

That was a mighty quick reply. Thank you very much! I should have mentioned that the vehicle came without an owner's manual (I had to buy one) or the card. I did find a dollar under the seat though.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Postmaster

HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Touchpad code

The older models were equipped with a RAP module with the code written on the side of it. Now they use a CSM and you have to retrieve it using NGS scanner or WDS or any compatible scanner.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!

My Missing Michelle
Old 07-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Posting Guru

rclarke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Touchpad code

I think I would have a talk with the used car manager at the dealership you purchased this vehicle from. Insist on the used car dept providing the code for you. It really only takes a couple of minutes to retrieve the code with an NGS and I think its outragous for the service dept to charge as much as you quoted. I worked for a Ford dealership for 26 yrs and we never charged anyone to retrieve a keyless entry code even when we had to locate the module to retrieve it.

Last edited by rclarke; 07-27-2003 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:17 AM
New User

Touchpad code

Thank you all for your responses. I am going to my dealer this morning, armed to the teeth with your experienced words of wisdom, and demand that he/she provide me with the code--for FREE!! So it is written...
Old 07-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Junior User

golakers is starting off with a positive reputation.
Touchpad code

I also bought mine used from a dealer, and I also had to insist that they provide a owners manual, maintainence schedule book, an extra key for the wife, plus the keypad code for free. After a while they relented...
Old 07-28-2003, 11:21 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
01, 2001, 2010, bronco, code, escape, f150, f250, ford, location, mouse, navigator, pad, touch, touchpad