Today is the day........ - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Old 03-30-2015, 08:12 AM
Post Fiend

Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Today is the day........

T-minus 2 hours until we pull into our RV dealer in OH. Road trip started yesterday with my bride as co-pilot. Did about nine hours and stopped in Medina OH. Got a great deal on an almost new Reese 25k Elite near there from a member of the Forest River forums that just happened to be right on the way to the dealer. Sold my 18k last week on Craigslist and only cost me $150 to upgrade. Anyways, had dinner and adult beverages at Buffalo Wild Wings and after a good night sleep at our hotel, we are doing the final couple hours to Jeff Couch's RV Nation in Hamilton OH. Saved about nine grand off my closest dealer who isn't exactly local at two hours away. Plus, love me a good road trip! So, the moment of truth is on the horizon for my little SB, SC, SRW, 6.7. The story continues with pictures soon.......
Old 03-30-2015, 08:15 AM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Cool!.. we also traveled for our FW.. Texas to Michigan.. saved over 10k.

amazing how much room there is in the prices and how dealers will hold to 100% of 0, instead of 80% of something.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 AM
not a WHITE truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
No pictures of the co-pilot? Journey thus far? Truck? Rodney...this had better get better, lol
Old 03-30-2015, 08:23 AM
Post Fiend

Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
LOL, I was taking pics but it's pretty brown and salty out here. Here's a few from MA through NY.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:27 AM
not a WHITE truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Great pics! I love the Appalachian Trail pic!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:30 AM
Post Fiend

OH is nice rolling hills and farms. Co-pilot behind the wheel now. Saw about 150 deer, a coyote, 10,000 migrating Canada Geese, tons of Hawks and turkey vultures, and an Owl.

Co-pilot and OH barn...

Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 AM
Postmaster

Sarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant future
Not sure exactly where you are heading but I know you are on I-90, you are right in my area. If you want to meet up or you need help with anything call me 518-382-2955 that's my shop number.

Is the dealer in NY?

Sarge
Old 03-30-2015, 08:32 AM
not a WHITE truck

Very nice...take a pic of her driving on the way back
Old 03-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Post Fiend

I wanted to bring my car wash brush and bucket so truck would be perfect when we first hooked up but the wife told me I was nuts.....
Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 AM
Postmaster

Sarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant future
What are you picking up BTW...and I see you're already through NY, Safe travels.

Sarge
Old 03-30-2015, 08:36 AM
not a WHITE truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
I wanted to bring my car wash brush and bucket so truck would be perfect when we first hooked up but the wife told me I was nuts.....
google a car wash in the town you are picking the rig at...
Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Post Fiend

Sarge, it's a Forest River XLR 395AMP toyhauler. Had it built. Ordered Dec 1st and it finally got out of the paint shop and delivered to the dealer two weeks ago. Been quite the wait for someone as impatient as me! Thanks for the offer of assistance too!!!

Andre, wife said towing the arc on the way home is a big negative...LOL....
Old 03-30-2015, 08:50 AM
Post Fiend

My favorite road sign so far was in NY on 90. "Caution, incarceration facility area. Do not pick up hitchhikers." Good to know...
Old 03-30-2015, 08:53 AM
not a WHITE truck

If she can handle that yammy, she can handle the arc.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
If she can handle that yammy, she can handle the arc.
Have I mentioned how much I like the oil filter change process on that Yami?