6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 12:04 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well crap, now I gotta know what happened!

Old 08-03-2015, 12:23 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by IronCobra
well crap, now I gotta know what happened!

There was a pain in the **** know it all named "oldcoot" that posts constantly there. He has about 16-17k posts there. We disagreed on many a post. Whenever we disagreed, he'd take it off public forum and start an argument via PM. He wasn't very good at it but put in a heck of an effort. Alas he always lost and stormed off in a huff. He has a friend who is a moderator who he pulled in the fray. Dave_Monica. Well, Cooter stalked my posts and started another issue on purpose then ran to Dave who deleted my posts, gave me an infraction on my account, and threatened a ban. I don't take threats real well so I gave him a real reason to ban me. The rest is history. It's fine. The majority there are nice enough but are total newbies with very little to offer. The few regulars there along with the mods, all have god complexes and like to give a hard time to anyone not in their click. Neither group has much knowledge or to offer.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:34 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,053 Likes on 2,212 Posts
plus something about looking like a dog or something...

Old 08-03-2015, 01:08 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha, so I vote Karl as my new favorite member for the next 30 days.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:02 PM
System
Prolocutor
Well boys, the slide is IN! Lippert tech replaced busted gear pack and diagnosed the cause. He said he's seen it before. Doesn't matter how new the rig. The idler gears on the tube that rides along the front gear pack rise up as the slide goes up or down the ramp. There isn't enough pressure on them so they disengage from the gear pack. So, the front keeps going in or out but the back of the slide stops moving because the front gear pack turns a long shaft that turns the rear gear pack. No front, no back but the front keeps moving because the hydraulic ram is in front. Makes the front and back go out of time and jambs the slide and breaks the front gear pack's teeth. So, he cut the gear strip off the idler tube and welded it about a 1/8" lower to put more downforce which will keep the idler gear in contact with the gear pack. This will prevent it from happening again. Real nice guy too. Now on to the factory...

Old 08-03-2015, 03:10 PM
PokerMunkee
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jeez, I thought when you spend 3 or 4x what I did ($25K for a 27' TT), you'd get a lot better quality. Just seems like quality and RV don't go together no matter what you spend. Hell, just a 1 year warranty should give you enough warning that what they are producing isn't quality stuff. /rant.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:16 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,053 Likes on 2,212 Posts
Glad you are fixed up Rodney!

Old 08-03-2015, 04:03 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee
Jeez, I thought when you spend 3 or 4x what I did ($25K for a 27' TT), you'd get a lot better quality. Just seems like quality and RV don't go together no matter what you spend. Hell, just a 1 year warranty should give you enough warning that what they are producing isn't quality stuff. /rant.

This is my fourth RV and I've learned one important thing about cost vs. quality. The two do not rise in relation to each other. We've spent progressively more with each trailer we've bought which has netted larger size and more bells/whistles. The quality however, remains the same. In the end they are all put together with glue and staples. Service after the sale is what's really important to me, and although my new RV has had it's share of problems, XLR has been top notch getting them repaired for me.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:03 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Glad you are fixed up Rodney!

Thanks bud!

Old 08-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Service after the sale is #1 in anything I buy. Tome its what will sell the product. Im glad you have been treated well, I may look at a FR Product when my daughter gets older especially if I can get her into the ATV's and other power sports...as long as mom doesn't turn her into a princess!

Looking foreward to your journey to the plant. If you blow through Albany and want to grab a bite to eat let me know, I know your on a mission!

Sarge

Old 08-03-2015, 06:39 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Sarge261
Service after the sale is #1 in anything I buy. Tome its what will sell the product. Im glad you have been treated well, I may look at a FR Product when my daughter gets older especially if I can get her into the ATV's and other power sports...as long as mom doesn't turn her into a princess!

Looking foreward to your journey to the plant. If you blow through Albany and want to grab a bite to eat let me know, I know your on a mission!

Sarge
I appreciate the offer Sarge! I likely will be in the zone though with that big of a drive ahead of me. Rain check?

Will post details and pics when I'm there.

As to your daughter, they can be both! At almost 3, ours loves pink, dolls, and frilly dresses. She also loves our atv's, jetski, motorcycles, and sleds. Her favorite thing from about age 1 was to ride on the "broom broom." Her name for our quads. Her favorite thing to yell while on the quad is "FASTER." Completely fearless. Yeah, we're going to be in trouble in a few years....

Old 08-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
This is my fourth RV and I've learned one important thing about cost vs. quality. The two do not rise in relation to each other. We've spent progressively more with each trailer we've bought which has netted larger size and more bells/whistles. The quality however, remains the same. In the end they are all put together with glue and staples. Service after the sale is what's really important to me, and although my new RV has had it's share of problems, XLR has been top notch getting them repaired for me.
Good to hear you're sliding easy again....
As I work on rebuilding much of my camper, I can't help but think that there would be a market for a true quality built camper that would truly be worthy of being called a coach... My drawers were falling apart because the rails were not screwed in, but stapled. Of course the staples all pulled and some of them were actually put in so hard that they were pushed right through the metal rail they were supposed to be holding..
I was underneath mine for about an hour today just looking at the poor condition of the wall bottoms from having been wet... Trying to figure out the best way to approach them is almost funny... You just start laughing until you come to your senses as to the futility of trying to make it all "right" again - then get pissed and walk away... Right now I have a dehumidifier inside it with the controls set to KILL in the hope that I can suck some of the wall and ceiling moisture out of it.
I simply can't afford a new one like yours - but if I could.......

Old 08-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Rodney, good to hear you're all back together! Enjoy your ride to the factory.

Randy, doesn't sound like any fun.

This site has been giving my laptop hell the past few days. Finally got back on.

FRF was working, I got some Ram fanboy riled up but just shook the cage and walked away again. Nobody seems to understand that a fully loaded Laramie Longhorn dually can't out tow the F450 pickup. A regular cab tradesman dually can, but who wants that?

Old 08-03-2015, 08:25 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Rodney, good to hear you're all back together! Enjoy your ride to the factory.

Randy, doesn't sound like any fun.

This site has been giving my laptop hell the past few days. Finally got back on.

FRF was working, I got some Ram fanboy riled up but just shook the cage and walked away again. Nobody seems to understand that a fully loaded Laramie Longhorn dually can't out tow the F450 pickup. A regular cab tradesman dually can, but who wants that?
AND, the F450 is a de-rated class 4 truck which in actuality can out tow ANY Ram. Just not on paper. But, whatever makes the fanbois feel better...

Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Good to hear you're sliding easy again....
As I work on rebuilding much of my camper, I can't help but think that there would be a market for a true quality built camper that would truly be worthy of being called a coach... My drawers were falling apart because the rails were not screwed in, but stapled. Of course the staples all pulled and some of them were actually put in so hard that they were pushed right through the metal rail they were supposed to be holding..
I was underneath mine for about an hour today just looking at the poor condition of the wall bottoms from having been wet... Trying to figure out the best way to approach them is almost funny... You just start laughing until you come to your senses as to the futility of trying to make it all "right" again - then get pissed and walk away... Right now I have a dehumidifier inside it with the controls set to KILL in the hope that I can suck some of the wall and ceiling moisture out of it.
I simply can't afford a new one like yours - but if I could.......
Sorry about your troubles Randy. Bottom line is that until you hit the Class A category, it's glue and staples....

Quick Reply: Today is the day........