Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Lights: Headlights, tail, fog, what ever else lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Moto42
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Lights: Headlights, tail, fog, what ever else lights

I possibly suck just a little at the search function and wasn't finding much.

So figured I'll start a thread for what's out there, pics of what they look like installed, feed back on how well they work, etc...

Go!

Old 03-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Well the easiest (kind of) and best is of course is the 05 front end swap. You do that with all new fog lights and new head lights and you start over at square one better than factory 04-

Old 03-29-2015, 01:52 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Old 03-29-2015, 02:25 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Pretty much this. Just google and ebay to find what you are looking for.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I used the one-piece lights from MKM, I've been happy with them. I need to split the housings open and reseal them, but my rig sees abuse beyond what most others on here do.

Already mentioned it in your other thread, but 9005 bulbs swap into the foglights with no mods and make a huge difference to light output. I don't useymheadlights around town anymore, no need.

Please stay away from HID swaps into normal housings. Also, HID swaps into housings for incandescent projectors lose 35-40% bulb efficiency and illuminance, so if you go that route do it right... which unfortunately isn't cheap.

Mark has you covered on the tails, not a lot out there but we do share tail lights with the E250 and E350 van so that may offer some different options but I doubt it.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:10 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
Mark has you covered on the tails, not a lot out there but we do share tail lights with the E250 and E350 van so that may offer some different options but I doubt it.
Nothing but those gadawfull-***-end-of-a-warthog altezza and euro lights.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:52 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Please stay away from HID swaps into normal housings. Also, HID swaps into housings for incandescent projectors lose 35-40% bulb efficiency and illuminance, so if you go that route do it right... which unfortunately isn't cheap.
I'll always be here to argue for HIDs in the crystalline housings.

I tried every exotic incandescent lamp I could fit in those housings, and 55wt HIDs still blow them all away.

Where's the 35-40% number come from?

Old 03-29-2015, 09:06 PM
HilllBillly
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anzo 211051 -- I like the look but don't know much about the quality / output

Also check out www.carid.com www.streetbeatcustoms.com www.amazon.com (and read reviews)

Old 03-29-2015, 11:47 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I LOVE my LED taillights, look great, are VERY bright and work great after 2 years.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Always been jealous of those tails Russ. I just need to justify the money to replace perfectly good stock rears, and money is better spent elsewhere now.

How do they do when the sun is behind you? That's my main issue right now with the stock units, sunset tends to wash them out and I'm just waiting for someone to rearend me one of these days...

I remember reading somewhere that the speed difference between LED and incandescent bulbs lighting up (nanoseconds) actually affords a competent driver with normal reaction times something like an extra 13-15 FEET of reaction, which can make a difference between a near miss and a crunch.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:31 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Always been jealous of those tails Russ. I just need to justify the money to replace perfectly good stock rears, and money is better spent elsewhere now.

How do they do when the sun is behind you? That's my main issue right now with the stock units, sunset tends to wash them out and I'm just waiting for someone to rearend me one of these days...

I remember reading somewhere that the speed difference between LED and incandescent bulbs lighting up (nanoseconds) actually affords a competent driver with normal reaction times something like an extra 13-15 FEET of reaction, which can make a difference between a near miss and a crunch.
They are bright as a MF! in the blinding sun and even more so at night, instant light is one reason i really love LED. Every little extra help i can get to not get rear ended again i'll take.

It took me over a year to decide to spend the money on them, very glad i did though!

Old 03-30-2015, 01:44 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
I'm sold based off that stock vs LED pic you posted. I may also steal that triple running light deal you've got over the rear plate - looks slick and subtle while providing more visibility.

I've got a ton of credit over at Oznium.com, I guess it's time to start burning through some of it finally.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:08 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

I'm sold based off that stock vs LED pic you posted. I may also steal that triple running light deal you've got over the rear plate - looks slick and subtle while providing more visibility.

I've got a ton of credit over at Oznium.com, I guess it's time to start burning through some of it finally.

Not only is it a 3 light ID bar but also has turn signals/brake lights.

This was before the LED tails/3rd brake light.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:40 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Old 03-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Damn Mecdac, you're killing me with that rear bumper! I have GOT to do that swap!!!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Lights: Headlights, tail, fog, what ever else lights