6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Egr delete starts this Thursday night

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 08:52 PM
greenheads
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egr delete starts this Thursday night

Well my sinister egr delete came in the mail today so time to start. Here is the thread leading up to this.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1367594-p401.html

I think I've watched enough videos and read enough post so far that I think I know what to expect!

I think I have all the tools I need now so Tomorrow I will pick up the last of the parts.

20 gal water
4 gal coolant
New thermostat

I do not have any other parts for this other than what came in the kit, are there any parts (bolts, clamps, o-rings, etc) I should get tomorrow before I start????

Thanks for all of the help so far I'll post any problems I run into as I go along. I have until Monday morning at 7 to get it all back together!!

Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 PM
05F250DSL
Fleet Mechanic
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Is your eot and ect delta's within range? You will be right down to the oil cooler once you have the intake off. If your having egr cooler troubles the oil cooler tends to not be far behind. If you are putting in a new section of up pipe it might not be a bad idea to have some bolts on hand inn case they are rusted up and break. Do you have a turbo install kit?
Not sure what year truck you have but if it's am 05' do you know if your stc fitting had been updated? You will also be right there to swap it out if needed.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:05 PM
KIDkiser
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe an stc fitting while your in there.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:06 PM
greenheads
Senior User
Originally Posted by 05F250DSL
Is your eot and ect delta's working range? You will be right down to the oil cooler once you have the intake off. If your having egr cooler troubles the oil cooler tends to not be far behind. If you are putting in a new section of up pipe it might not be a bad idea to have some bolts on hand inn case they are rusted up and break. Do you have a turbo install kit?

My deltas are running 5-7 degrees and have been for 150,000 miles.

I do not have a turbo install kit? Is it new turbo bolts or orings?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 PM
greenheads
Senior User
Originally Posted by KIDkiser
Maybe an stc fitting while your in there.
I had the stc futting done about 2 years or so ago along with stand pipes and dummy plugs.

Also I should mention I will be pulling the intake all the way out and cleaning it with simple green. I do have a new set of intake gaskets already. Thanks!! Also this is a 2006

Old 03-24-2015, 09:11 PM
KIDkiser
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's up to you,they are usually reusable

Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 PM
greenheads
Senior User
Originally Posted by KIDkiser
That's up to you,they are usually reusable

Which ones are normally reusable?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 PM
05F250DSL
Fleet Mechanic
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Turbo install kit is a new gasket for the feed tube. New o rings for the drain and bolts. Put the new intake gaskets in. I just had to pull my intake again as when I did my oil cooler last year I reused them and they started leaking on me. My own fault for not changing them. As I just did this pull the passenger side battery and cac tube out first. Then you can pull on the serpentine belt and flip the kickstand on the tensioner with ease. Be careful with the injector connectors and Remember to squeeze the metal clips. Oh and use two wrenches on the fuel lines so you don't break them. If you haven't done the blue spring update now would be a great time. As you'll have the filter housing off and can do it on the bench.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:22 PM
greenheads
Senior User
Originally Posted by 05F250DSL
Turbo install kit is a new gasket for the feed tube. New o rings for the drain and bolts. Put the new intake gaskets in. I just had to pull my intake again as when I did my oil cooler last year I reused them and they started leaking on me. My own fault for not changing them. As I just did this pull the passenger side battery and cac tube out first. Then you can pull on the serpentine belt and flip the kickstand on the tensioner with ease. Be careful with the injector connectors and Remember to squeeze the metal clips. Oh and use two wrenches on the fuel lines so you don't break them. If you haven't don't the blue spring update now would be a great time. As you'll have the filter housing off and can do it on the bench.
Thanks! I'll add the turbo gasket and orings to my list for tomorrow. I did the blue spring not long after I got my truck when the little key shaped gasket started leaking! Hopefully after this I can get another 220k out of it!

Old 03-24-2015, 11:17 PM
greenheads
Senior User
Is this the correct part number for everything I will need for the turbo? 3C3Z-9T514-AG

Old 03-25-2015, 08:37 AM
jdw1
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Make sure and clean around the intake manifold before you pull it, use a air nozzle to clean all of the dirt and crap out of there so it doesn't get into the intake ports, jmo.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:57 AM
greenheads
Senior User
Originally Posted by jdw1
Make sure and clean around the intake manifold before you pull it, use a air nozzle to clean all of the dirt and crap out of there so it doesn't get into the intake ports, jmo.

Thank you, I will do that and I have several cans of LPS HDX, it is one of the best degreasers and cleaners I have ever used, it is not as cheap as break cleaner but it will clean the crap out of oil and grease, so I plan to use it on the oil I can see down on the top of the motor.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:22 AM
jdw1
Laughing Gas
My pleasure, also once you get it off, there will still be some dirt/sand etc in there, , you can use a shop vac to clean the other out of there. Put some tape over the intake ports after you clean them so you don't drop anything down in there, unless you like to go fishing for an uncatchable fish sometimes! 😁😁

Old 03-25-2015, 10:26 AM
jdw1
Laughing Gas
Old 03-25-2015, 10:33 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: Egr delete starts this Thursday night