6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Show me your LED

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Wizness
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got around to installing the 30" rough country. Quality seems good and fit is pretty good as well. Light is very bright and makes a huge difference. If I didn't have a front camera I would get the bottom as well. I'm all about clean looking aftermarket installs and think this one hit the mark.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
The 30" LED bar is growing on me but after seeing the 2017 Super Duty, I'd like to replace my C-Clamps with LEDs.
Has anyone seen this or done this? Could one be modified? I wonder if the 2017 lights would fit?

Old 01-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Rubiconrod
Senior User
Nicely done Wizness!

Old 01-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Michael53
Senior User
Light bar Install Question

Wizness, that really looks great. I would really like to know/see how you mounted the light bar. It appears that you had to cut out the ribs on the grill insert. Correct? Did you make a custom mount or were you able to use the one that came with the Rough County light bar?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Wizness
Senior User
Originally Posted by Michael53
Wizness, that really looks great. I would really like to know/see how you mounted the light bar. It appears that you had to cut out the ribs on the grill insert. Correct? Did you make a custom mount or were you able to use the one that came with the Rough County light bar?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Yeah had to cut the ribs out and just used the supplied brackets for the super duty kit. Was pretty easy. Hardest part was aiming the light and adjusting it to be even on both sides. Had to to take the grill off a few times but got it right and it works great.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:02 PM
Michael53
Senior User
Thanks, I appreciate this- I'm going to order the 30" and mount similarly.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Just read through this thread and holy crap info over load!
Your guys rigs look great and now I gotta spend money in lights!

I have to go back and read but I am looking for a head light swap to something like the Spyders. However I did not see much mention of the bulbs that come wiht them, are they LED's? If so I will then replace the Fogs and I am now confused on what was a good LED replacement for the Fogs. The Rigid D2's are just too much money IMO.

I'm thinking the Spyder smoked lights with the LED's (if applicable) OE replaced LED fog and then the 30" rigid bar in the lower part of the main grill.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:53 PM
KodiakF250
More Turbo
Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts
A lot of great work on some great trucks! They look super.

One question that I kept thinking as I looked at some with the light bar(s) in the top and bottom grill sections is what impact those light bars have on air flow for cooling. When my wife and I relocate from Kodiak, Alaska to Idaho, we will face some hot summer days there and as we tour the country pulling a 5th wheel. I certainly think cooling will be critical, and I don't think I should put any restrictions in the grill.

Any of you guys with experience in this area?

Old 11-23-2016, 06:55 PM
Kodif250
New User
How it's done in northern canada, recon headlights, opt 7 low beams, no need to upgrade high beams. 40" light bar, 2 20" in lower number opening. Other truck is a 2014 f150 with 2 32" curved light bars mounted behind grille

Old 11-23-2016, 07:29 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Kodif250
How it's done in northern canada, recon headlights, opt 7 low beams, no need to upgrade high beams. 40" light bar, 2 20" in lower number opening. Other truck is a 2014 f150 with 2 32" curved light bars mounted behind grille[img]https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.ford-trucks.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-
At first blush looking only at the pics I thought WTF, what a waste, then I read your post, YEP, you need them, when it gets dark up there its REALLY DARK and for a long time...

Old 03-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Bugzilla46310
Laughing Gas
Received 280 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizness
Finally got around to installing the 30" rough country. Quality seems good and fit is pretty good as well. Light is very bright and makes a huge difference. If I didn't have a front camera I would get the bottom as well. I'm all about clean looking aftermarket installs and think this one hit the mark.
Wizness, Looking at basically duplicating what you did. Found a light bar I like, but Been going back and forth on the camera. Found one similar to yours, but when I was looking at the grill today, seems to be tight on the dept of the mounting surface. Looked at the plate mount and ones that need to drill a hole, which I do not want to do. Do you remember what brand camera you bought? Could you post a closeup photo? How did you wire it? I was looking at one of the uplifter switches. Thanks

Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Bohen
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replaced the white lights as well as the right one in or right here with canvas LED bulbs in fact I also changed all my LEDs inside with canvas LED as well as in my tail lights I used pilot LED canbus for the brake turn signals and back I do not get any hyper Flash no luck with doing that to the front if you change your fronts without a resistor you will get hyper Flash
7 inch spotlight LED bars from auxbeam
Headlights are Nighteye 12000 lumens with built in fan and fogs are extreme LEDs 3800 lumens they come with additional glass filters to slide over the LEDs they also have built-in fans . The cut off on the headlights are fantastic I have not been not been high beamed it all.
The view from the 7-inch light bars in back hooked up to a separate relay and switch so that I have control to turn on and off
This is just the headlights
This is the headlights with the fog lights
This is the 20 inch light bar mounted on the bull bar also from auxbeam
This is the headlights fog light and 20-inch light bar
This is everything the 50 inch 5 d light bar on top the 20 inch light bar on the bull bar the headlights and fog lights the pictures don't do it justice the 5D really focuses the beam looking down the road you can see farther down
And here she is blazing smile and pretty again everything is hooked up to its own personal relay so no issues with having to turn on the truck and the 5D light bar that is mounted on the roof is on a rhino single bar rack removable along with a remote control with 12 features from SOS to strobe light all of the features it is great it being remote control has about a 20-foot reach not too much but good enough. I also have in the reverse lights 1000 lumen Luyed led bulbs . A must for are back up lights. I did not drill any unnecessary holes I ran the light bar lighting along the roof line with some beads of silicone to hold it down a couple drops of silicone inside the window Channel and then run it down the back side and under the truck I plan on getting a canopy later so I did not want to do anything that needed a hole drill or less holes the better Of course out in the snow having fun with her and the family And here's a better picture her nice and clean and the boys . My main issue with running the lighting for the top light bar along the roof line I don't wash it by hand if I don't have to I go through a carwash that hasn't scratched any of our vehicles and then I wax or by hand right after put the car wash sprays underneath and gets any crap and debris from underOnly mods done to her as a leveling kit of course the lights and a foldable bed cover and bigger shoes 295 -65-20 Toyo at2 extremes I have 60,000 miles on them they were on my F-150 before I bought this truck and now they are on her. I know my light bars are from auxbeam but I have had the seven inches for 3 years no water build up the light bar on top about six months no issues the 20-inch and front three years no water or any issues at all I can't say the rest for anybody else but as for myself they've been great to me Here are the LED bulbs for the reverse found a photo
This photo does not do it justice they are super white and bright again perfect for cameras and if it is too dark then I flip the switch for the seven inches on the bottom