Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Help with riffraff

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
I don't think anyone jumped the OP, I just think people need to be careful how they start posts. It isn't specific to Riffraff, but any quality vendor doesn't need unneeded public complaints when it can easily resolved.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,460 Likes on 2,850 Posts
Clay has been a parts, advice and idea provider for me since I bought my 2000 F-250 7.3 just about 10 months ago. Sometimes he is quick with the emails, others it takes a few days. Although, his answers are always straight forward and address every question I had sent. I cannot say the same thing for some of the other sources of parts.

I am a customer for life with Riffraff...

Old 03-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
This was one of those unfortunate circumstances that arise in life, and the OP was just unlucky in getting a piece of the shock wave. A different time frame would have the OP singing the same praises the rest of us are used to.

Will104 - you'll get taken care of... it's in Clay's nature.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Will104
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks to most of you, I don't see where I was bashing any one ???? Just asking for insight from those more experienced in dealing with this company, and for all those telling me to reach out to him before posting I tried, maybe 10 phone calls, and look what happened, posted on here and it was fixed, funny how that happened, and we all have personal stuff going on, but business is business, you take someone's money and you deliver a product, that's all. This post is the only way I would have found out the package was lost, I still haven't got any email or phone call from them. But thanks to y'all on fte my up pipes will hopefully be done while my tranny is getting done, just didn't want the truck sitting there on a lift with no Trans waiting for pipes that were never coming. Thanks againg fte Members.

Cheers,
-will

Old 03-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Will104
...we all have personal stuff going on, but business is business....
Will, with the utmost respect - the "business" of feeding the 7.3L community is sometimes nothing more than a guy, his wife, maybe a helper, a website, and someplace to stash inventory. When family tragedies and triumphs strike, the heart and soul of the business is disrupted at least temporarily.

This forum is not just a collection of owners of similar vehicles, it is a brotherhood - and that's not taking the term out of context. Look at how the forum locked arms around one of our "brothers", then click the BEST link in my signature to see how far and wide this brotherhood will support one another.

You are a welcome member to the brotherhood, I just thought it might be helpful to offer up an introduction.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Yup...im in Clay's corner

Upon my prompt delivery of my CAC boots, i realized i ordered the wrong ones..mind you, this was in early 2013'. I contacted Clay via emails, and said to just mail'm back. He even made a remark of,.."if you get the 3x3 on, on a 3.25 side, you'll not need clamps..HAHA" So i did, mailed them back...late 2014, with a printout of emails thrown in the box. Week and a half later..correct boots delivered in a crime-scene box....

Old 03-20-2015, 09:36 AM
bleeds blue
More Turbo
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 03-20-2015, 02:01 PM
River19
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It did escalate quickly, didn't it?

Let's be clear here, we all know Clay has a track record of great service and I truly believe that once you have his attention he does very well with customers and advice and great products. But no one is immune to criticism, nor should they be.

While I completely undertand and feel for Clay and his family if they are going through a tough time, the average customer doesn't know that, and nor should they really.

I don't feel the OP was trying to be a dink here but trying to get some answers to his situation.

Why did I post this? Because a year or so ago I had a similar tough time getting a response from RR about an order and after a few emails and phone attempts I also resorted to a quick post on here and "boom" I get a response and problem solved.

Do I hold anything against Clay? Heck no, I buy from him when I need something, but everyone has good days and bad days and there is no reason to go all ape****e at a guy who is not having the same experience you all have come to know and love from RR. It isn't personal.

If you were waiting on a part while your rig was on a lift and you couldn't get a simple follow-up call or email on the status would you be a happy dude? I would venture not.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by River19
I don't feel the OP was trying to be a dink here but trying to get some answers to his situation.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:16 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
It's all good , ***** happens, and when life throws you a curve ball you have to make choices and decisions on priorities. Glad to hear Clay's got his priorities straight........

As for Will. I didn't take your post as bashing at all. I would have felt the same. I hope you stick around on FTE, it's a great site with lots of great folks.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:31 PM
powerstroker100
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bleeds blue
Hahahahaha

Old 03-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It always does on FTE when the word "Riffraff" isn't closely followed by some form of "Awesome", "Amazing", or "BestEvar". The rabidity is beyond explanation.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:42 AM
HD Rider
Cargo Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by truckeemtnfords
See, there you go, not even the fault of Clay. Maybe little for using UPS but then again those of us in the know, know why he can't use DHL.
I work at UPS. The most common cause for lost shipments is that the label can sometimes come off in sorting systems. Putting some clear tape over the label can help. I happens with every carrier.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:36 AM
bleeds blue
More Turbo
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by HD Rider
I work at UPS. The most common cause for lost shipments is that the label can sometimes come off in sorting systems. Putting some clear tape over the label can help. I happens with every carrier.

Great!!!! Now you pissed off the UPS guy!

Is nothing sacred I ask you?!

Old 03-22-2015, 10:06 AM
HD Rider
Cargo Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Great!!!! Now you pissed off the UPS guy!

Is nothing sacred I ask you?!
LOL! That's pretty dang funny.

Quick Reply: Help with riffraff