Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

brain Flatulence; put gas in diesel tank

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 AM
New User

scarsbeattats is starting off with a positive reputation.
brain Flatulence; put gas in diesel tank

Well, almost. I was towing an 18' X 8' dual axle full of my daughter's life from NC to the big apple and I had to use the restroom. I pulled into the gas station, swiped the card, and inserted the "green" nozzle into the tank, said to her, "here fillerup", and double timed it to the rr.

I came back and she said; "Dad, this didn't look right so I didn't pump it." The green was one of three, BUT it was just 93 octane gasoline, wtf.

GREAT KID and smart as all get out!

I read on another forum that I frequent, about modern muskets, that another guy had done this and his friend, a mechanic, told him to add 2 qts of ATF and one of 30 weight in the tank and good to go.

Is there any validity to this?
Are there other recipes?

SEMPERPARATUS MOLON LABE & two is one; one is none
Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Happened to me during the rally in Sturgis. They were changing the pump to unleaded, but it still read Diesel. Anyway about thirty miles later starts running rough and pumping out white smoke. Called the mechanic from a friends house. Said drain the tank and the fuel bowl. Added two cans of Sea Foam and another lubricant and filled back up with Diesel. Was lucky, no issues...
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 AM