1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Treated the old girl to a SPA day!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:36 PM
EcoboostKev
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Treated the old girl to a SPA day!

This winter has been BRUTAL! I'm so tired of snow.. Spring cannot get here soon enough!!! Even though it will only last a couple days , it's sure nice to see her clean again!!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:15 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
looks good!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:17 AM
CollinsCD
Hotshot
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts
Look's great! I need to find a detailer around my parts and give my truck a nice cleaning too.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:51 AM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks nice! Unfortunately, it's only gonna last 'till the first snow-melt puddle.

So much road salt this year! I throroughly wash my truck, wipe it down, and after it sits for a while. the water that weeps out of the cracks and crevices dries and leaves Salt streaks behind.
Once it gets warmer I'm gonna set up a lawn sprinkler under the truck for a couple of hours to thoroughly rinse the undercarriage.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:20 AM
Irelands child
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Every time I give my truck a nice shower and shampoo we either have more snow or rain. The streets are basically clear but when (IF??) it gets close to freezing, the puddles reappear from the foot plus snow still around my area. Once that crap is gone and after a good rain, I'll get a car wash chassis rinse, then out comes my pressure washer which will finish off the rest of the ground in and hidden chassis dirt. I'll rewash the exterior by hand as my fresh bottle of Meguire's NXT is waiting ...

Yours sure looks nice -- at least for a few minutes

Old 03-18-2015, 07:22 AM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
looks great. pretty rough here in MI this year too. traded down to a (black) F-150 right before winter that was already in desperate need of a wax job back then.. this winter certainly didn't help. we hit 70* here monday but it's back to the 40's as far as the forecast goes out. can't wait to get my hands on a clay bar, some polish, and a wax job.

Originally Posted by Irelands child
as my fresh bottle of Meguire's NXT is waiting ...
that's what i use, even on the boat. great stuff.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:29 AM
JM96F250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bring my truck to the do it yourself carwash once a week. The wife-to-be rinses and I use the scrub brush. We have it down to about 5m. I had the truck FluidFilmed so I'm hesitant on power washing under it.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:38 AM
EcoboostKev
Senior User
I can't beat the deal i get from my local car wash. They pull the truck into a heated garage, wash it by hand, hand dry, shine tires, vacuum interior, wash windows, wash and dry my floor mats, and clean the dashboard all for $21.00. I'm in and out in 15 minutes..For me to do it on my own would take me at least 1.5 hours.. So for me it's well worth the $$$!!

Old 03-18-2015, 10:14 AM
bbender85
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by EcoboostKev
I can't beat the deal i get from my local car wash. They pull the truck into a heated garage, wash it by hand, hand dry, shine tires, vacuum interior, wash windows, wash and dry my floor mats, and clean the dashboard all for $21.00. I'm in and out in 15 minutes..For me to do it on my own would take me at least 1.5 hours.. So for me it's well worth the $$$!!
you're not forgetting a zero on the end of that price?!

Old 03-18-2015, 02:14 PM
AAubinoe
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man that truck looks mint. Original paint? Incredible!

Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 PM
EcoboostKev
Senior User
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Every time I give my truck a nice shower and shampoo we either have more snow or rain. The streets are basically clear but when (IF??) it gets close to freezing, the puddles reappear from the foot plus snow still around my area. Once that crap is gone and after a good rain, I'll get a car wash chassis rinse, then out comes my pressure washer which will finish off the rest of the ground in and hidden chassis dirt. I'll rewash the exterior by hand as my fresh bottle of Meguire's NXT is waiting ...

Yours sure looks nice -- at least for a few minutes
Meguire's makes a great product! Meguire's Final Detail is the best thing I have ever used on my truck in between washes.. As far as wax, I've been using Collinite #845 for years with great results.....

Old 03-18-2015, 08:46 PM
EcoboostKev
Senior User
Originally Posted by AAubinoe
man that truck looks mint. Original paint? Incredible!
Thank you! Yes it's original paint. Looks great from a distance but if you get up close or have the sun hit just right she shows a little bit of her age. But the important thing is she is rust free..

Old 03-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Pit Crew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EcoboostKev
Thank you! Yes it's original paint. Looks great from a distance but if you get up close or have the sun hit just right she shows a little bit of her age. But the important thing is she is rust free..
Nice truck. I have done the sprinkler treatment twice so far this spring (winter.) Days that get to the 40`s or better. Plan on it one more time when spring is finally here. I also fluid filmed the truck in the fall, and I hit the local car was several times a week. I need to make a deal with one to plow the lot in exchange for free washes all winter. I would definitely come out ahead. Yeah, I spray the wheel wells and such, but I think the FF is more important in the places I can`t see or reach with the wand.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:59 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Clean trucks make me thirsty.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:45 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good. I'm looking forward to getting mine cleaned up too. We had snow on the ground for 3 weeks straight, so there hasn't been much use in washing it. I usually drive my bronco when it gets bad though so I don't get salt on my sd.

Quick Reply: Treated the old girl to a SPA day!