Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you done to your truck thus far?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 04:03 PM
1993_f350_2013
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What have you done to your truck thus far?

I know we have a "what have you done to your truck today" thread but I was thinking what if we had a thread for the history of our craftsmanship persay thread.

This thread will be an overview of what you have done to your rig or rigs since you've owned it. Let's the pictures and stories begin!!

Old 03-15-2015, 04:03 PM
1993_f350_2013
Posting Guru
Just thought I would show some progress pictures of my truck over the last 2 years of me owning it...

When I got it. 100,500 miles. It was all stock with 32-11.50-15 tires on stock rims with the bumper spaced out.

The first addition was true dual exhaust and a grill guard.

The next thing on the List was to replace the rotted out front fenders and core support.

Then I started adding lights..

After that the ol girl got new shoes!! 33-12.5-15 all terrains!

After that I got some 5% all the way around..

Then I took her to prom.. This is my buddies dads 68 or 69 charger with a factory plum crazy purple paint job..

Then I slapped a leveling kit on her!! What a difference!

Then i fabricated a headache rack that I designed then added some lights on the top.

It took a little wiring to get the lights hooked up... It was a fun learning process!!

Then the next big change was wheels and tires! They're 16x10 with 4 inch back spacing wheels with 285-75-16 kenda klever mts.

My most recent project was to take off the round off road lights and install an led light bar.. I also installed one facing backwards for added reverse lights!

Sorry for the ultra long post but I kinda felt like giving a brief history of the PPD (Purple Panty Dropper)

Old 03-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Golden Helmet
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine hasn't been anywhere near as interesting, mostly just replacing old parts and a few minor tweaks to make traveling in this old beast a little nicer. Since I got it, I've done:

- New shocks (Monroe Gas Magnum, less than 10k miles and I suspect they're already dead)
- New tires (Nexen Roadian HT's, stock size. 10/10 for highway driving)
- New stereo w/ bluetooth, motorized screen, DVD playback, etc
- Added a subwoofer (already dead)
- Added a backup camera
- Added some Hella 550 Foglights
- Replaced the OEM headlight housings with clear ones from DEPO
- Added a headlight relay kit w/ the brightest Sylvania bulbs out there
- Swapped the factory '92 bumper for the updated Eddie Bauer / PSD front bumper and moved the foglights in to the center holes
- Replaced the 300k mile steering box with a Redhead box

In a few weeks, it's getting:

- New front pump seal in the transmission
- New low-stall torque converter from Racer X (still waiting for it to arrive, it's been 3 weeks...)
- (possibly) Rebuilt transfer case. To my knowledge the current one has never been touched in 300k miles besides fluid. I don't think anything is wrong with it (besides it occasionally fighting me on going in to 4WD), but since the trans and T-case are coming out anyways, I might as well get it checked out.

After the transmission is behind me, the plan is:

- New IP from R&D, undecided on injectors (R&D rebuilds or new Stanadyne)
- Pyrometer
- Electric fuel pump
- Rear bench seat lift, w/ shallow mount subwoofer (if everything measures ok, still in the early planning stages)
- Dynamat on the doors and possibly floors
- JBL speakers all around
- Get the lightbar rebuilt (probably won't put lights on it, just for looks) so I can mount the spare tire to the side of the bed
- Remove the drop-in bedliner, replace with Rhinoliner or Line-X
- Manual locking hubs
- Replace rubber brake hoses with the braided metal ones (I forget the name offhand)
- Find that #^&%ing front end squeak that is driving me insane

That's about it. My end goal for this truck is total reliability, with a few added luxuries you don't usually get in a rock simple truck like this. Everything else is just for fun

Old 03-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've owned my 97 for almost 3 years and here is what I've done so far.

Brakes all around
Replaced rear gas tank and fuel pump
New radiator
4 Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
Rebuilt the stock heads
New exhaust manifolds
Jasper Reman E4OD
4 Pioneer speakers
Swapped all interior lights to LED. Reverse lights, license plate lights, and cargo light are also LED
New column shift lever and boot

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but enough about the stuff you can't see, lets get on to the pics.

The day I brought her home

Put on some stock style hub caps

265/75/R16 GY Duratracs and a TSC toolbox

Removed the hub caps, painted wheels black and added a Backrack

New Lights!

And here she is today in all her glory

Old 03-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
I don't have many pics of the 93 but that has had more work done over the years.
Only 72k on odometer

But over the past couple of years:

Removed the old dump bed and put on a 9ft flatbed
New front bumper
New Rad support
Swapped on a "new" cab due to a rusted floor pan

Old 03-15-2015, 09:38 PM
tsuydan
New User
Since I bought my '95 F150 2 Wheel Slide (George) in February of last year:
- Pulled the old muffler and installed a Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow
- Installed a new Flowmaster 223 series cat.
- Put in a new aftermarket radio.
- Put in a bedliner.
- Put in a new clutch
- New brakes in the rear.
- Redone the bumpers (grind out surface rust and repaint)
- New engine belt & tensioner.
- New tires.
- New exhaust tip.
- Restored the headlights from a very ugly yellow to normal lens color.
- Oil undercoat (the PA winters suck and NY is right in my backyard)

To do/buy:
- Axle swap to at least a 4.10 gear ratio.
- 4" suspension lift
- 16X8 wheels (then put 33's on)
- Tint
- Air Filter
- CA Intake(?)
- Replace stock speakers

I'm hoping to check off a chunk of this to do/buy list this summer. Though I don't know if I'll ever finish tinkering, I always seem to find something to add to my mod list.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:44 PM
zer01
Mountain Pass
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

1970 Dodge Charger, or at least the front clip is.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:50 PM
sbowling79
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fastback460
I've owned my 97 for almost 3 years and here is what I've done so far.

Brakes all around
Replaced rear gas tank and fuel pump
New radiator
4 Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
Rebuilt the stock heads
New exhaust manifolds
Jasper Reman E4OD
4 Pioneer speakers
Swapped all interior lights to LED. Reverse lights, license plate lights, and cargo light are also LED
New column shift lever and boot

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but enough about the stuff you can't see, lets get on to the pics.

The day I brought her home

Put on some stock style hub caps

265/75/R16 GY Duratracs and a TSC toolbox

Removed the hub caps, painted wheels black and added a Backrack

New Lights!

And here she is today in all her glory

I love the red and white. My Dad bought a new 95 short bed F150 reg cab 4X4 in that same color with 300 I6 5 spd. Unfortunately there was several problems with it and Ford bought it back He got the same truck again in 96 with the 5.0 but totaled it a year later because of someone running a red light. Been on the hunt for an identical truck for a long time. Very hard to find.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:16 PM
1993_f350_2013
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zer01

1970 Dodge Charger, or at least the front clip is.
I think you're right! They have that charger and a 69? I think mustang Mach 1 with a punched out 351 Cleveland and 4 speed... I want to steal it..

Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sbowling79
I love the red and white. My Dad bought a new 95 short bed F150 reg cab 4X4 in that same color with 300 I6 5 spd. Unfortunately there was several problems with it and Ford bought it back He got the same truck again in 96 with the 5.0 but totaled it a year later because of someone running a red light. Been on the hunt for an identical truck for a long time. Very hard to find.
There at least 3 trucks in my area with these colors.

A RCLB F-250, which is in really nice shape and looks to be completely stock.

A RCLB F-150 that is beat up from years of work.

And a SCSB F-250 that has over 6" of lift and a few stupid mods. Stacks coming out of the bed, halo headlights, and dodge tow mirrors

Old 03-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the 90 F150:
installed a tailgate protector, valve cover gasket on one side (will be doing the other soon), replaced the passenger side exhaust manifold, windshield, added a truck box, slide and lock tie downs, 2 new front tires, hooked up the radio correctly, started hooking up a back up camera, new alternator, new starter solenoid, fixed some broken injector wires, installed rear speakers, replaced cargo light, painted the wheels black, new neutral safety switch, new battery, and cleaned the rats nest out of it.

On the 91 F250:
installed a truck box, straightened and beefed up the front winch bumper, started rebuilding the engine, new used right fender, new used hood, new used wing vent windows, removed the hacked up trailer wiring, started fixing the headache rack for it, rebuilt the headlights, new grille, installed a tailgate panel, and replaced the cowl.

On the 89 F250: installed the flatbed, new distributor, hooked up tail lights, new brakes, better wheels (white spoke wheels), 285 75 16 tires of the 02 F250 we use to have, installed lights on the brush guard, right fender, new used headlights, new used grille, replaced rocker shield, realigned door, replaced cargo light, replaced broken window and door handles, new windshield, new fuel pumps, new used rear tank, added skid plates to the rear tank, added a bug deflector, new used rear bumper (got to change it again), custom back up light off 90s chevy turn signal, new used radiator support, added a custom water pump for hauling water, and rattled can some of the body parts.

On my 88 F150: new used front bumper, new used headlights, started rebuilding the engine, fixed hacked up brake line, removed trailer wiring mess, started adding a CB radio, added new used wheels with 31 10.5 15s, cleaned up the chrome tip, new slidding rear window (slightly tinted), new windshield, changed bug deflector, diamond plate bed caps, Ford bed rails with built in tie downs, 80-86 window handles, installed black mirrors, replaced fuel door (just got a better one), replaced front tank, airaid drop in filter, new used alternator, 70s Fseries headlight and wiper ****, tach cluster with painted gauges, fixed tailgate, correctly installed gooseneck hitch till I can remove it, cleaned dirty interior, new used 4x4 shift ****, picked up a brush guard for it, led dome light bulb, replaced heater core, control module, added fender flares, removed sticker tailgate letters and painted them black, and new used emblems.

89 F350:
picked up 4x4 conversion parts D50 TTB and T18 with NP205, picked up dually rear end, replaced grille, replaced rocker shield, new windshield (somebody broke it while sitting, removed trashed bed, and started ripped off front bumper.

92 F250: replaced right fender, replaced right headlight, installed flatbed, painted rear bumper, installed door panels, installed cluster surround, added front fender flares, painted lower rocker black to see if I like it, and picked up a parts truck for it.

On 91 F150: removed drop in liner, removed front seats to clean out, and tried starting it with no such luck.

Also on all of them did regular maintenance (when/if running).

I may be forgetting a thing or two on them.

Firs pic is the 91 F150, then the 90 F150, then 89 F250, then 91 F250 (it has the grille on now and front bumper fixed), then 92 F250, and lastly my 88 F150. Unfortunately don't have pics of the 89 F350.

Only have after pics as I lost a lot of my pics. Also would be a very long post then. LOL
Trav