VetNet A forum dedicated to ALL Veterans... their unique needs and wants. A place where Veterans old and new can discuss their problems and find the help and support they are looking for.

Shameful...

Old 03-13-2015, 07:54 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Shameful...

No wonder we can't get the care we need, and EARNED...

Obama?s VA Spent $3.3 Billion on the Agency?s Buildings as Vets Died Awaiting Care | Washington Free Beacon

And another 21 will commit suicide today...

I am ashamed of my country....

Last edited by fabmandelux; 03-13-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:03 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,217 Likes on 800 Posts
I have a mixed bag of feelings on this one. Parking and facility upgrades are needed to meet the growing demands. The VA Center in Hampton, Va as a for instance serves a three state area boasting one of the largest concentrations of military retirees in the world. The facility is sardine canned into a century old plot that they probably out grew decades ago.

Parking is ignorant and the facility is ancient. You drive for 30 minutes in circles looking for a place to park.

IMHO, the VA should establish a network of civilian providers that Vets can be referred to if the VA can't fit you in within a reasonable amount of time. In military speak, reasonable is 30 days or less. This is how the tricare system works.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they filled in the "Great Dismal Swamp" there would be land for Norfolk to expand into, as it is - they are bounded on all sides.

But what would happen to the last remaining Red Wolves who live in their last natural habitat?

Who will take one home and breed it pure?

You should have seen some of the crummy navy barracks that I have....

Concrete GHETTOES - no wonder they have low morale.

But it is still better than "Living Before the Mast" as in the old times.

But you should not be ashamed - instead think what needs to be done.

You have already created THIS PLACE OF VETERAN AWARENESS AND SHARING - have you not?

More is necessary, this is true.
We know that.

Rest easy - we are working on it - you see us here

And one thing is for sure - we don't give up

What matters the most I think (and the facilities did need work) is what about the caretakers themselves? What has been spent on acquiring competent Medical practitioners?

ARE THEY GOOD?

Or "QUACKS" that are scared to do anything...

It really doesn't matter what offices or facilities you give them, if they can do nothing worthwhile - and you really cannot attract cutting edge medical people on a Government budget can you?

So then my question is what level of practioners are in there regardless of the new facilities?

We could open them to new graduates of medical schools, for their internment seasoning - at least then they would have the latest knowledge that we have got.
And yet - such an assignment needs to be made attractive.

But a building doesn't make it a hospital, anymore than a tent in the desert. It must be competently staffed, I will agree with you there.

Whoever is in charge makes it what it is, and not the president or anyone else. THE SENIOR MEDICAL OFFICIAL.
And whomever that is should be responsible only to the Surgeon General of the United States of America

-which means-

Their only concern ought to be medical matters

As I have laid it out, do you agree?
~Wolfie

Politicians do not care about people
ERGO
Politicians are not practioners of care