2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Updated Spy Shots of Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:53 PM
radar_ridr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like IFS

A 4X4 that sits that low in the front almost has to be an IFS. It seems like you couldn't fit a regular Dana 60 under there. Are they really dropping the 6.2L?

Old 06-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Tuned
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Not criticizing your opinion Joe, but you're in a VERY small minority. Yours is the first positive comment I've read about that picture on any area of the board or any forum for that matter. Some dislike it and most I've read outright hate it. But, die hard Ford guys will buy it regardless. I'm not brand loyal and if that is indeed what 2017 has to offer, I'll likely look elsewhere for my next truck unless there are some outstanding options and tech upgrades to help me overlook the appearance.
+1
Put me in the hate it camp.

I am a die hard Ford guy. I have never owned anything else. I have been holding tight waiting for the redesign. I can tolerate something plain, like the 87'-91's as long as it is a FORD.

If that fugly POS is it, I am sad to say my next truck is a GMC HD Denali.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:48 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
For me, this design looks too much like a GM product so switching to one isn't the route I'd go. I'd be more likely to consider Ram. Although their new grill and giant RAM on the tailgate aren't really my style either. Still better than this IMHO... Ford better have some really cool must have new features to make me choose this box over the Ram...

Old 06-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Tuned
To me, the GMC resembles the 06'-07' Superduty with the grille/headlight proportions.

There is much not to like though, like the square wheel well openings.

I liked the Dodge until they fubarred the grill and tailgate like you mentioned. Don't think I could bring myself to own a Chrysler product tho. Well, a 70' 440 6 barrel 'Cuda would be ok.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:12 PM
eazmo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2112
Don't think I could bring myself to own a Chrysler product tho. Well, a 70' 440 6 barrel 'Cuda would be ok.
Now your talking

Old 06-20-2015, 03:28 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe
No problem, looks are subjective. I see a lot of F-150 in that design.

Good to know that Ford is going to a boxed frame, that is a far stiffer design and better for a pickup. I would imagine that the F-450 will stay on a C channel frame for aftermarket body mounting. I hope 'Twin-I-Beam' is finally gone and I would not mind IFS on the 4X4's, at least the F-250.
I agree, the Twin-I-beam is at least 35 year old technology and the solid front axle needs to go. Not all of us carry a snow plow up front and the ride of an IFS can never be matched by any solid front axle design. Give us a F250 at least with IFS.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:06 PM
ByersFarm
Junior User
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
I agree, the Twin-I-beam is at least 35 year old technology and the solid front axle needs to go. Not all of us carry a snow plow up front and the ride of an IFS can never be matched by any solid front axle design. Give us a F250 at least with IFS.
You've got to be kidding me. GM makes a very nice IFS truck if pencil thin tie rods are your thing. The front end on ford is exactly why I switched over from GM.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:47 AM
System
Prolocutor
If it was a choice, I'd opt for IFS. However, I don't think it's going to happen as your can see the front end in some of the spy shots and it's solid...

Old 06-21-2015, 07:02 AM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by ByersFarm
You've got to be kidding me. GM makes a very nice IFS truck if pencil thin tie rods are your thing. The front end on ford is exactly why I switched over from GM.
Who said anything about GM's IFS system. I would expect Ford to make a heavy duty IFS

Old 06-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Louisville Joe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by ByersFarm

GM's 2011-up HD IFS is pretty stout, but the earlier setup was weak, no question. At least GM never used plastic ball joints with no zerk fittings on their HD's.......

Old 06-21-2015, 05:55 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe
GM's 2011-up HD IFS is pretty stout, but the earlier setup was weak, no question. At least GM never used plastic ball joints with no zerk fittings on their HD's.......

This is true. I'd have no problem with GM's current IFS.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:30 AM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
You guys crack me up.

When I receive one of the first 17' King Ranch CC LWB 4X4 rigs, you will all be picking your tongues up off the floor.
Trust Ford to deliver......

And NO to any kind of IFS.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:47 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by George C
You guys crack me up.

When I receive one of the first 17' King Ranch CC LWB 4X4 rigs, you will all be picking your tongues up off the floor.
Trust Ford to deliver......

And NO to any kind of IFS.

Yeah, our tongues will be on the floor from having just vomited at the site...LOL.

Looks are subjective. If you like it, good deal. Some of us don't and that's ok too. We don't have to like it just because it's a Ford. I have zero brand loyalty and if the leaked cell pic is the real deal, Ford better have some must have exclusive options to make me buy that atrocity. No, we probably won't get IFS and that's too bad. Not everyone goes off road and IFS has much better manners on road which is where I use mine...

Old 06-22-2015, 04:54 PM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Yeah, our tongues will be on the floor from having just vomited at the site...LOL.

Looks are subjective. If you like it, good deal. Some of us don't and that's ok too. We don't have to like it just because it's a Ford. I have zero brand loyalty and if the leaked cell pic is the real deal, Ford better have some must have exclusive options to make me buy that atrocity. No, we probably won't get IFS and that's too bad. Not everyone goes off road and IFS has much better manners on road which is where I use mine...

You sound like a GM buyer. What are you doing here?
Ford should not, and I'm guessing never will go IFS.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:00 PM
System
Prolocutor
And you sound like a pathetic fanboy so I guess we know what your doing here... Lol

I would dare say you're a lot bigger fan of GM than I am if you like that box of a front end. If I changed camps based on the leaked pic, it would be to Ram. All that said, I am brand loyal to NOTHING. I have a Ford truck, my wife drives a Durango, and I just sold my most recent car, a CTS-V. I bought the best brand available for each category. When it comes time to replace any of them, I would consider all my choices based on what is available at that time. Blind brand loyalty is for high school boys with bumper stickers. Same goes for my toys. I had a Heartland RV and replaced it with a Forest River product. Heartland best fit my needs last time, FR this time. I also have different brands of ATV's, sleds, motorcycles, and PWC's for my wife and I.

Quick Reply: Updated Spy Shots of Super Duty