Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Alberta Chat - Spring Edition 2015

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Alberta Chat - Spring Edition 2015

Well let's Start over for a beautiful Spring.
Edmonton's Crash Ice is in a few days.
Anyone Going?
Unfortunately I'll be in the Mac for a week or two.
Hope you lads and gals enjoy the most of this gorgeous week with great temps!

Old 03-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Soko179
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would really enjoy the crashed ice but will not be able to make it. Have a few other things going on. Is anyone going to see the international auto show in Calgary coming up this weekend?

Old 03-13-2015, 10:34 AM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 437 Likes on 322 Posts
I'm never impressed with the Calgary Auto show. Too many of the interesting vehicles are locked or behind ropes.

Got some bad news, a relative of mine has been having some serious health problems this year, and it looks like they are moving her to a hospice this week. Probably the nicest and most generous person I've every known. The thought of losing her is a real punch in the gut.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:24 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon, Alberta folks! Springtime yet?

Old 03-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Nope, Just snowed all last night here in Ft. McMurrey, started off as a warm night then dipped to -8 C

Old 03-15-2015, 01:19 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
I think we'll get some winter before we get to our "real" spring. A few flakes forecast this week.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Soko179
Mountain Pass
I believe we are due one more dump of snow.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:55 AM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
It's always a little slow when we start a new thread. More news of layoffs in cow-town today in teh paper. I'm still employed today, meeting with some bosses this afternoon to try and stay that way.

Have sent an email to the nearby dealership to see what they'll charge me for a new vacuum brake booster assembly. My symptoms have gotten worse in the last week or two.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Well at the rate I'm working I won't have to worry about layoffs.
Had to make a trip up to the Mac to hotshot some gear, and now in grasslands enjoying a coffee.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:04 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good morning...has spring sprung in your neck of the woods???

Old 03-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Nope having our second winter

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2015, 01:50 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
Friday 13th, I was laying on the couch digesting my supper at about 9, Cruuunch, cats come flying into the house and I got to the front window.

This 98 Chev is where my truck should be. The truck looks just like my neighbours truck and also like most of his friends trucks. These are the type of 'contracters' that drink all day. Turns out it belonged to some stranger.

This is my project "get even" truck that got hit. Insurance will write it off as the box touched the cab and you know the rest of the too expensive to repair story. I'm not covered by my all peril as a) I wasn't in the truck and b) the truck was parked in front of the house and not inside my lot line. The next day I hear from his agent, I'm covered there as he's got collision, agent gives me flack for calling the drunk a drunk driver. He's been charged but not convicted and I'm prejudging him and tells me that I must have backed into the roadway as people don't rear end parked trucks. I know he's got to try to deflect responsibility to lower the pay out. The whole neighbourhood came out for this accident because how loud it was. We have to many bars in the area so as a result there's at least a half dozen times a year someone hits the jersey barrier that holds the stop sign at the end of the block, some times you'll see trucks driving across your yard as they've avoided the barrier, dodged the car parked at the corner and had no place else to go. It has been an entertaining experience all in all. my truck has had a "face lift".

From this

To this, at least I'm getting rid of all my rusty parts and cracked windshield. I'll probably buy it back and part out the motor, 351c, trans c6 and anything else that's of value. In the meantime I'm looking for another $500 truck that has a good interior and is as new as possible. This will work out to the better in the long run as it usually does, but my health is to shot to run, got no choice but to stand back and laugh or plot a new approach. The plotting is probably the most fun.LOL Lets hope for a sunny spring as I'm getting tired of taming the Lions.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
That hurts to see Perry, glad no one got hurt.
Plan on another project? Or can you salvage what's left?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:49 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
I'm still waiting for his insurance to decide what they're going to do. Really hoping they buy me out and resell me the truck. There's no structural damage to the frame or anything that would take it off the road and it would cost me less than $50 to fix it as I've got all the parts I need in the shop except the tail light. Theres always a project or 5 on the go around my joint LOL, just got delayed a few days. Am finishing the bodywork on the 75 Camper special and if the weather breaks and holds it will be painted and on the street in 10 days. When that's done this one gets finished one way or the other, it's only purpose is to get parked in front of an aholes house with a billboard style invoice in the cage explaining to the person that I want the $43,k in theft and vandalism done by him and his friends repaid. Thinking his wife and neighbours will like the site of this thing on their street. So the uglier the truck is the better. Wah ha ha ha ha, senility gives you a good sense of humour.
The cops showed up to soon for anyone to get hurt, damn. This is just a case of to many bars in to small an area, there's 5 bars in 16 blocks in my hood. We're actually having a good laugh about this on my street. Thanx for asking.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Soko179
Mountain Pass
Well I hope everything works out for everyone I have one more week to work in Sask. and then I hope it is in my rear view mirror for quite some time. I got sick of staying in hotels so I yanked the trailer out here behind the truck and I think I got better mileage out of the old girl. Oh well does not really matter now the family has gotten bigger and so has the truck. Keep it classy Alberta

Quick Reply: Alberta Chat - Spring Edition 2015