Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

To purchase additional warranty coverage of not to purcahse:

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 11:23 AM
cdestuck
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
Well, since you brought it up, not ALL dealers are crooks. My dealership sells EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE on our lot for $300 below invoice, the sole exception being the one-of-137 2015 Mustang GT350 (we've had several customers offer way over sticker, and no dealer will say no to that). It's pretty rare for a local competitor to beat our price, but if they do we'll match their advertised price. To control floor-plan costs we actually prefer that you order your new vehicle, so we'll guarantee the current rebate in writing when you place your order. Think a used car purchase is too risky? We sell ours with a 20-day, 2,000-mile 102% money-back guarantee. That wasn't a typo: our owner will refund 102% of your purchase price if you're not happy with the car, no questions asked, and we've been doing that since 1985.
Great selling policies you have there. Name and location of your dealership?

Old 06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by cdestuck
Great selling policies you have there. Name and location of your dealership?
Check your private messages.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:10 PM
SuperTruckUSA
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I plan on trading in for a new F150 before the bumper to bumper runs out or I plan on doing some major mods, I'll skip getting the extended warranty.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:26 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Frantz
We push the non-Ford warranty as I mentioned, and we sell it for less than the Ford warranty. You just have to know what the product is. I bought the non-Ford warranty for my car because it cost less for the same coverage and I know the company. We've had people say the same basic thing of "I don't want one they cost too much" and when they hear our price they end up buying it. So for us, yes, we make more money because the customer is spending less, but more often.
Spending less isn't always the best answer. I bought a non Ford extended plan through my dealer for my Focus and come to find out, if I need a repair and I'm away from my servicing dealer, then my servicing dealer must be contacted for approval. I bought this because my daughter has the car at her college and I wanted her to be fully protected.

The Ford ESP IS the only way to go and it can be had for the same money as a dealer pushed warranty, you just have to ask for the discount and act like you're in buying mode again.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some of you guys are so cynical about dealers that you would lose opportunities to negotiate deals you hadn't anticipated.

I always let the dealer make their sales pitch. ALWAYS! The guy that keeps talking during a negotiation is the guy that keeps losing ground. Just let them talk and keep trying to sell you something. Never shut the door on the conversation, and always leave hope on the table so they keep making better offers. Sooner or later you're going to learn what is most important to them and get to their bottom line. Then you can use that information to negotiate the items you want the most, or just say no thanks.

You never know what kind of deals you can get if you don't explore. Going in cold and demanding exactly what you want is the game plan of an ineffective simpleton.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:10 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
Originally Posted by QwkTrip
Some of you guys are so cynical about dealers that you would lose opportunities to negotiate deals you hadn't anticipated.

I always let the dealer make their sales pitch. ALWAYS! The guy that keeps talking during a negotiation is the guy that keeps losing ground. Just let them talk and keep trying to sell you something. Never shut the door on the conversation, and always leave hope on the table so they keep making better offers. Sooner or later you're going to learn what is most important to them and get to their bottom line. Then you can use that information to negotiate the items you want the most, or just say no thanks.

You never know what kind of deals you can get if you don't explore. Going in cold and demanding exactly what you want is the game plan of an ineffective simpleton.
There is a big difference between cynicism and experience.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:46 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
The only time I bought one was when my wife wanted a Chrysler, then we didn't even need it so it was a waste of money.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:17 AM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RRRSkinner
There is a big difference between cynicism and experience.
Such as all your experience getting kicked off the other forums? Way to go, champ.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:01 AM
redford
Received 1,562 Likes on 910 Posts
The Appleton Wisconsin Ford agency includes a 100k power train warranty with every new vehicle purchased.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Spending less isn't always the best answer.
Absolutely. As I said before, you should research the product. Since most people don't have time to waste I also strongly support going with Fords products. I only mentioned that our retail side uses a third party and I personally purchased it because I'm familiar with the company and knew it to be a real savings, not just a gimmick. I just mean to say it's not a black and white issues with 3rd party warranties.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
An extended warranty is nothing more than health insurance for your vehicle. Imagine how much of your paycheck you could save every month if you didn't have a health insurance premium. Instead, put that money in the bank every month and save it for when you actually experience a health problem. Now, no one does that because 1) a major medical problem could cost many times that little savings account, and 2) the health insurance industry is the master at selling fear (lose your job and what's the first thing that comes to mind for most people? Oh, my God, I'll lose my health insurance!).

Some people say they'd never buy an extended warranty, but it's all about the value. Would that same person NEVER buy a 10-year/150,000 mile bumper-to-bumper $0 deductible warranty if it cost... $500? $250? You bet they would! How much does it cost, and what do I get? For most people, they just don't see the value in the extended warranty as it pertains to them.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:20 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
I've been fortunate enough to never have a powertrain failure on a vehicle that I owned from new. I keep up with all maintenance on the vehicle and will even replace items early if I have a concern. The bumper to bumper warranties will NOT replace an item that I'm concerned about. As an example shocks have to be leaking to be changed or belts need to have visible damage like fraying. If I don't like the way my shocks feel I want them changed. If I don't like the way a belt looks or sounds I want it changed. Plus I drive about 30,000 miles / year so I'm getting an new truck every 3 to 4 years anyway.
My sister-in-law on the other hand keeps her cars about 8 to 10 years. She drives about 10,000 miles / year. She loves the peace of mind of the 10/100K plans. She had a flat driving to Florida & her plan sent a person out to fix the flat right at the hotel they spent the night at. It's a good deal for her.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:03 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
An extended warranty is nothing more than health insurance for your vehicle. Imagine how much of your paycheck you could save every month if you didn't have a health insurance premium. Instead, put that money in the bank every month and save it for when you actually experience a health problem. Now, no one does that because 1) a major medical problem could cost many times that little savings account, and 2) the health insurance industry is the master at selling fear (lose your job and what's the first thing that comes to mind for most people? Oh, my God, I'll lose my health insurance!).

Some people say they'd never buy an extended warranty, but it's all about the value. Would that same person NEVER buy a 10-year/150,000 mile bumper-to-bumper $0 deductible warranty if it cost... $500? $250? You bet they would! How much does it cost, and what do I get? For most people, they just don't see the value in the extended warranty as it pertains to them.
It is not like health insurance--Health insurance companies don't price-gouge like the extended warranties do. They pay out more in commissions than claims. It is more like buying insurance on a rental car. You are paying $1000/year to cover your normal deductible so you can "walk away". I don't buy either.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:30 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by RRRSkinner
It is not like health insurance--Health insurance companies don't price-gouge like the extended warranties do...
They DON'T?! The medical industry says they need another 20% to cover their "costs," so my health-insurance carrier raises my premiums by 20%, no questions asked. My employer has only one health-insurance company, I have no choice. But I could go out into the marketplace and choose from several extended-warranty companies and avail myself of the free-enterprise system.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:03 PM
RRRSkinner
Senior User
They DON'T?! The medical industry says they need another 20% to cover their "costs," so my health-insurance carrier raises my premiums by 20%, no questions asked. My employer has only one health-insurance company, I have no choice. But I could go out into the marketplace and choose from several extended-warranty companies and avail myself of the free-enterprise system.

Let me tell a little joke, that I wrote (Call me Obama): "American people, we are going to include all pre-existing conditions, we are going to let you keep your doctor, if you like your plan, you can keep it, no one can be denied coverage (and in this monopoly), the price is going to go down".----There is no comparison here whatsoever to truck maintenance warranties. If you don't get that, then keep repeating it until you do.

Quick Reply: To purchase additional warranty coverage of not to purcahse: