General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

My mind is shot - I don't know what I will be thinking for a few days

Old 03-05-2015, 02:26 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My mind is shot - I don't know what I will be thinking for a few days

I have to go out into the yard when the weather lightens up and pick up the remains of one of my dogs and set it on top of a pile of wood to burn what remains of one of my best friends.

That dog is frozen to the ground, and this winter is a bitch that I will not forgive or forget.

I knew Rufie was close to his time, but the winter this year has been unforgivable.

I know I may be a bit crazed and not thinking too clear. I'll be okay, and Woola is still with me.

BUT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

The weather can go screw itself, and leave me alone. I have lost three human friends in the last year, two of them veterans, I dunno what will happen with a damn TREE that threatens to fall on my powerline even though I talked at the power company and they came out and looked at it, and now what I expected is on us - another ice storm.

WELL SCREW ME....

I have done the best that I could. If hell comes to breakfast, HERE I AM!

On top of everything else one of my DOGS DIED. WTF?

If this is a sign from God, we're gonna fight!

I....

I don't know if I will be online for a while. I just don't feel good about everything

inside my heart is screaming

Unfair

Unfair

Unfair....

I have to get a grip.

If it needs be I will see you all later

Old 03-05-2015, 05:42 AM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your canine friends.
Non-dog owners have little comprehension of the pain associated with the loss of a pet. They have never had the joy that us dog owners have of your buddy greeting you at the door with a smile on his/her face every day, regardless of what may have happened to you during the day. They forgive instantly any transgression on our part and give us their unconditional love from day one until day last.
RIP Rufie.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'm thinking that if I bottle myself up inside, no bottle on earth can help me.

I STAND, and though I have lost a good and faithful friend, I'm still here. A long time ago I remember a man with a knotty problem in front of him asking himself:
"What is the next indicated step?"

The earth still turns, the sun and stars still shine, water is wet, and the sky is blue.

Nothing is changed, life goes on. I'll get over it.

On the plus side, there is Woola. I will look to her as my therapy...

Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,089 Likes on 2,154 Posts
sorry to hear the bad news, i know rufie held a special place in your heart, and helped you through rough times when he was but a pup.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Things will get better, having a rotten lingering flu or cold hasn't helped my state of mind any. There may be a 24 hour window between the damn snow thawing, and the rain and thunderstorms that follow a warming trend where I can give Rufie a viking send off.

If I can get any of this saturated wood to burn. I dug him out of the snow this afternoon and wrapped him in bags. I'm pretty sure I want to dispose of his doghouse too, no reminders! He was heavier than I thought too.

Woola is a house pooch, and small enough to travel with. No more yard dogs for me.

Like Woola, instead of being abandoned I gave him a place, and a chance to BE a dog.
Maybe not the greatest, but the near ten years he had were better than what might have been.

Haven't felt like doing much all day, and barely slept at all. But we go on, one step in front of another