FTE not remembering my place in a thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:46 AM
lhansman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTE not remembering my place in a thread

On other forums I use the system remembers the last post I have read in a thread and when I return to that thread it positions me a that point to read the post since my last visit. However FTE seems to always take me to the start of the thread and then I have to page through to find where I stopped reading. I can't find anything in the settings to change this. Is there a way to have FTE return me to my last read post in a thread?

Regards,

Lauren

Old 03-08-2015, 08:51 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks for the input...we will look into it.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:41 AM
RL250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lhansman
On other forums I use the system remembers the last post I have read in a thread and when I return to that thread it positions me a that point to read the post since my last visit. However FTE seems to always take me to the start of the thread and then I have to page through to find where I stopped reading. I can't find anything in the settings to change this. Is there a way to have FTE return me to my last read post in a thread?

Regards,

Lauren

Lauren, there is a little down arrow next to the thread title in the full version of the site that will take you to the first unread post. I know FTE recently upgraded so that it tracks your reading of all threads and saves there you are in each.

Tim, is it possible to incorporate that feature, or what Lauren suggested into the mobile site? I use the full version on my phone so I can view first unread in my subscribed threads. Most are easily over 15 pages, so it would be useful.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mmm, Critter - one of the things you can do is set the USER CP display options to more posts per page. Of course, how well it works depends a lot on how fast your mobile is and how many pictures are posted in some threads.

Images can make it reeeeaaallllyyyy sssslllloooowwwwww...

Old 03-10-2015, 01:42 PM
RL250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Mmm, Critter - one of the things you can do is set the USER CP display options to more posts per page. Of course, how well it works depends a lot on how fast your mobile is and how many pictures are posted in some threads.

Images can make it reeeeaaallllyyyy sssslllloooowwwwww...
Don't think that would help on a 1085 page thread.....