Offroad & 4x4
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy idea: put a '67 mustang body on 4x4 frame?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 07:41 PM
jrshipper
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what kind of ford 4x4 frame i could get to put a 1967 mustang body on? I have a 1967 mustang that has a 3 speed and a 289. I think it would be cool to make a msutang into a 4x4. How much work would it entail and is it possible? Any information on this project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 07-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Scooter29
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well jrshipper, It depends on how deep your pockets are!Naw, we all know it takes money... Measure your Stang's wheelbase and check out whats within a couple of inches. It'll probably be the Bronco. Every time I see a lifted car on a truck frame, I do scratch my head a bit. I've seen Pinto's, Chevettes, Camaros, Corvettes, Chevelles, Mustang Ghias, Vegas, Aspens, VW Rabbit, well, you get what I'm saying. These were all nicely done with patience and alot of hard work. The DMV does a great deed to us that want all vehicles to be safe on our roadways. Since you already have the body and the thought, you may as well go a bit farther. Just don't spend your money yet. You need a plan and then a back up plan. Do you or do you have someone to do the torching for you? NOT A FRIEND. They are great as friends, but you want to keep your friends. Most all the fabrication will need mock-ups of how you want everything to sit. The steering, braking, electrical must all be planned out. Are you still with me? You can purchase a rig with the body rusted off, but more than likely, there won't be much else to use either. Anyone that doesn't take care of the exterior of his rig, definately doesn't take care of anything else either, unless it brakes.... I think you may have a good concept. Get back to me if you are serious...

Old 07-23-2003, 09:38 PM
jrshipper
New User

Well scooter, I am jsut in the beginning stages of planning and I'm not to sure of how to fab everything up. My friend has a 1982 Ford Bronco 4x4 that is already lifted and has mud tires and he is trying to sell it. What do you mean by having someone to do the torching? What all would you have to torch and fab up? I take it that this project is not as easy as just swapping the bodys? I also have a cousin that has a 1971 Ford f100, (i think) that is 4x4 and lifted, would that frame work? If you have any suggestions please let me know. I am kinda serious about it, but don't know exactly where to start!

Old 07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
jrshipper
New User

Has anyone ever done a swap like this, or on any other type of car? If so can i see some pics of the final project? Does anyone have any ideas about how to tackle this project? The mustang that i have is a complete mustang.

Thanks

Old 07-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey jrshipper, I went to your profile and sent more info. I wish I knew where to get you some photos. Maybe one of the 4X4 mag sites may have something to look at. Talk with you guys later....

Old 07-24-2003, 02:15 PM
knucklehead11
Tuned

BLAM!

Old 07-24-2003, 02:43 PM
jrshipper
New User

thanks for the pic knucklehead11, do you happen to know what kind of modifications they did and how long it took them? Any other info would be great.

Thanks

Old 07-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey jrshipper!! I hope you got the other message. Looks like knucklehead11 had some time on his hands. Good conversion. I haven't seen the Bronco II used in this type of conversion. Looks like it was ment to be! It's also nice that you kept everything FORD also!! I'll talk with you guys later....

Old 07-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Stingray42
Elder User

nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Old 07-25-2003, 06:52 PM
fordtruck87
Senior User

customtruckshowcase.com theres a few pics of older model stamgs like you have sitting on ronco frames. a ronc frame would be the best thing for your modifacation

Old 07-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

I guess Stingray42 may not want you to do the conversion!! Make him an offer Stingray42!! How much would you take to give up your Stang jrshipper? We could start a new trend here with these kind of auction's! Talk with you later....

Old 07-26-2003, 08:02 AM
jrshipper
New User

My 1967 Mustang is not for sale. It took me a year to get the title for it 'cause the man that it was titled to passed away and then his wife passed away and I still needed one more signature. WE couldn't find his son or daughter, so we went through the courthouse and had to do a lot of paper work. Anyway it is not for sale and I have just acquired another one, a 1965 Mustang. My twin brother and I plan to fix them up and have them looking identical down to just about every little detail. If anyone else has ideas though about the conversion let me know.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:35 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

jrshipper, you can e-mail me anytime you need. It's in my profile. Talk with you later....

Old 07-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Stingray42
Elder User

I like jr's Idea....
I dont think a 67 and a 65 are going to be identical twins, just a bit different bods

Old 07-26-2003, 07:37 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru

Hi all, havent posted on this forum, call me crazy but, I had an idea.
Was looking at my mom's 2000 lincoln town car, and thought how cool it would look ontop of my old 83 bronco chassis with about a 4 inch supension lift and some 35s.
Oh yea.

Quick Reply: Crazy idea: put a '67 mustang body on 4x4 frame?