Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

March 2015 BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:13 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
OK! I get it now! I'm not a math geek as you can tell! Thanks for explaining it.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:56 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Hi Kentucky! I wonder if y'all could help me out. My 81 year old aunt lives in Glens Fork, near Campellsville. She has a 2000 F-150 4x4 that is making clunking noises up front, and the steering is pulling. Pretty sure it's an axle shaft or something. Do you guys know of a shop down round them parts that is trustworthy? She's a great lady, and I just don't want her to be taken advantage of. Thanks!!

Old 03-19-2015, 07:41 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I don't know anyone in that part of the state. In fact, I don't know any member anywhere close to her.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:52 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Sorry, I don't know anyone around there either. I know someone from there, but she's lived in Lexington for about the last 25 years. She said she doesn't know any of the mechanics in the area.

The last time I was in Campbellsville was for Band Camp. Somewhere around 1974 or so.

I looked at the Kentucky Chapter member's map. There is no one anywhere near there.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:05 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Well thanks anyway guys! I really appreciate it! By the way, you guys have a map? We're not that advanced in the Michigan chapter.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:42 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello, Kentucky...watching any of those crazy basketball games??

Old 03-23-2015, 07:36 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Originally Posted by IB Tim
Hello, Kentucky...watching any of those crazy basketball games??
Basketball games? Are there some basketball games?

I usually don't watch basketball, but I do keep up with the tournaments this time of year.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:57 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Been watching them myself! Staying up too late to do so as well. I wish Northern Ky would do a better job covering the high school state tournaments, both mens and womens! I'm too far north to get the Lexington stations.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:50 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon Kentucky...beautiful day in your neck of the woods?

Old 03-28-2015, 02:23 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

So 1/4 of the teams left in the NCAA tourney are from Kentucky. Go figure.

I don't know of Louisville has another one in them, but I hope so. Wouldn't an all-Kentucky final be cool? It would be bad for TV ratings though. Too bad.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:22 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
U.K. Barely won that game last night! Notre Dame is a very good team, and knew just how to play Kentucky. I hope Louisville wins today. I'm one of those guys that's likes both teams. Apparently there's folks out there that love one, and hate the other. Never understood that. I was also one of those guys that was glad when Rick Pitino went to Louisville. I thought he would really elevate their program, which he has. Ky has to face Wisconsin next week. Louisville has to beat Michigan State today to advance. That'll be a great game. The media folks would like to see a Duke/UK title game for sure.

I know a lot of people hate Duke for that 1992 game where Laitner hit that last shot to beat Ky. But what many forget is he shouldn't have been playing because of stomping on a KY player while he was on the floor. KY was not going to win that game come hell or high water, That was their 1st year after the suspension and there was no way KY was going to the Final Four their first year back. There was a good show on a couple weeks ago about Laitner, what he accomplished while at Duke, and his relationship with their coach. It was a good show. While I'm certainly not a Duke fan, they have my respect.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:14 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Well, it's up to UK to keep Kentucky in the tourney.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:16 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys! I still live and I am a very happy man since last august. We finally moved to the promised land (Sand Gap). I have my own little welding/fab shop that I am trying to get up and going. I have more work around the place to do than I know what to do with lol. I need to get the garden plowed and disced, have get wood cut and split (that is a never ending job), work more on the house etc. etc.! I will try to get on here a little more often in the future. You guys be good and have fun.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Hey Buck! Long time since we heard from you! Glad you've got relocated and going well! I will have to make a trip down there, perhaps bring my Dad too. He would like to see that old furnace that's not too far from you if I'm not mistaken.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kenpobuck
Hey guys! I still live and I am a very happy man since last august. We finally moved to the promised land (Sand Gap). I have my own little welding/fab shop that I am trying to get up and going. I have more work around the place to do than I know what to do with lol. I need to get the garden plowed and disced, have get wood cut and split (that is a never ending job), work more on the house etc. etc.! I will try to get on here a little more often in the future. You guys be good and have fun.
Ken I messaged you a long time ago about a project I was hoping to work with you on....you never responded, I hope all is well with you!!!

on another note I did some updating to the Project thread on my truck if anyone is interested as I found I was bit behind!!!!!!

Quick Reply: March 2015 BS Thread