Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stacks on a gasser

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 07:22 AM
broncoderek
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please explain the "I hope I get hassled and get a ticket so I can have my lawyer humiliate the cop" attitude.

Also explain the "I know most of you will hate this idea but I demand you tell me how to do it and if you don't, I will argue with you and do it my way anyway".

Old 03-05-2015, 07:25 AM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by broncoderek
Please explain the "I hope I get hassled and get a ticket so I can have my lawyer humiliate the cop" attitude.

Also explain the "I know most of you will hate this idea but I demand you tell me how to do it and if you don't, I will argue with you and do it my way anyway".
Simple. He's one of those annoying types that make statements like that to call attention to how awesome he's not.

Humiliating the cop or not, ya still have to pay a lawyer....

Old 03-05-2015, 07:43 AM
rugermack
Posting Guru
Stacks on a gasser, really ?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:08 AM
broncoderek
Elder User
Just wait, his next thread will be about Zoomies through the hood. And how he has a team of lawyers on retainer just in case...

Old 03-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Ranger1980
Senior User
Just wait, his next thread will be about Zoomies through the hood. And how he has a team of lawyers on retainer just in case...
<br />
Does anyone on this site READ threads? I am not the OP. I just am an American that stands up for his rights. One of those rights is to not be hassled by the police. If you like rolling over and not fighting against what is right, welcome to a democrat's wet dream.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:04 AM
broncoderek
Elder User
I'm as RIGHT as they come brother. A guy just needs to get his priorities straight.
Fighting cops that ticket you for being obnoxiously loud sure isn't one of mine but if that's what gets you worked up, have at it.

You have a right to be free from getting "hassled" by the police but you do not have a right to be an *** with stupidly loud exhaust. Trust me, I have experience with those fools!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Ranger1980
Senior User
I'm as RIGHT as they come brother. A guy just needs to get his priorities straight.
Fighting cops that ticket you for being obnoxiously loud sure isn't one of mine but if that's what gets you worked up, have at it.

You have a right to be free from getting "hassled" by the police but you do not have a right to be an *** with stupidly loud exhaust. Trust me, I have experience with those fools!
Please go back and re read the posting I made before commenting towards me again.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:36 AM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm all for challenging authority, it's kind of my thing. I've been to court hundreds of times. I've famously said things to cops like "give me a ticket or leave me the f alone" and "way to protect and serve b***h". Called a judge a stupid C in court once. Even drove away laughing while the cop was standing at my window when told why he stopped me.

Doesn't mean however that I drive around a vehicle that says pull me over. Simple truth is that there are so many laws that we are likely always breaking at least one. I see no point unless willing to take it to your state supreme court.

Loud exhaust just to have loud exhaust is dumb, nobody wants to listen to it. It makes everyone miserable and I expect cops to persuade the owner of such a vehicle to deal with it. If that means pulling you over for suspicion of illegal exhaust but writing a mud flap ticket then so be it.

Addition..
As for stacks on a gasser, I don't agree with all this "it's not optimus prime" sentiment. The top of the cab is a natural low pressure area, and directing the exhaust up is generally a good thing whether it's diesel or gas exhaust. In that respect it's a function, and I'll always support an improved function. However noise reduction and useful cargo space are also functions. This must be balanced. I envision several ways in which the exhaust could exit the top of the cab without harming cargo or increasing noise, they are just unusual.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:51 AM
steve33444
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BruteFord
I envision several ways in which the exhaust could exit the top of the cab without harming cargo or increasing noise, they are just unusual.
what would these ways be?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Old Trusty
Senior User
BRAVO brute!!!

I am not a loud truck kinda guy, and the ding dongs who drive up and down my street drive my insain, BUT they can do what they want and so can you, put stacks on it and add some propane so it can blow flames in the parade! Just post some pictures or video so we can make fun of you a lil.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:00 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Originally Posted by steve33444
what would these ways be?
I mentioned one above, though in my mind the best is to include an exhaust passage into a headache rack. Bringing the pipe up through the bed sides through the front stake hole and into the uprights of a headache rack.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:02 PM
steve33444
Elder User
Originally Posted by Old Trusty
BRAVO brute!!!

I am not a loud truck kinda guy, and the ding dongs who drive up and down my street drive my insain, BUT they can do what they want and so can you, put stacks on it and add some propane so it can blow flames in the parade! Just post some pictures or video so we can make fun of you a lil.
Speaking of blowing flames... I know a guy who's in charge of a park or something (he's got loads of money) and he has or had this jeep.. he was selling it so not sure if he still has it.. but it was a 90's jeep grand Cherokee and he had 1 stack that came up through the floor in the back and went out the back window or through the roof. I can't remember for sure but I believe it was through the back window. And he had the whole propane setup on it so he could blow flames..... keep in mind this was a little gasser jeep grand Cherokee with like a 8 or 10 inch round stack.....

Old 03-05-2015, 12:05 PM
steve33444
Elder User
I mentioned one above, though in my mind the best is to include an exhaust passage into a headache rack. Bringing the pipe up through the bed sides through the front stake hole and into the uprights of a headache rack.
I thought about the headache rack thing and I would imagine the headache rack would get pretty hot unless you had a smaller pipe inside the uprights of it

Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Originally Posted by steve33444
I thought about the headache rack thing and I would imagine the headache rack would get pretty hot unless you had a smaller pipe inside the uprights of it
Well yes of course.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:08 PM
85F350IDI
More Turbo
Not gonna lie, I've never thought any one else would have the head ache rack Idea, props to you for putting this thread back in order, I saw this thread easily turning into a big catastrophe from the start, but good job on giving some order to it!

Quick Reply: Stacks on a gasser