Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Lets try a MARCH almost anything goes BS thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:17 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Lets try a MARCH almost anything goes BS thread

Been a while since the Ohio forum has opened a BS thread so here it goes:

Going to have surgery today on my ankle, wish me luck! Then maybe I can get back to truck stuff. I hired a kid to do some work for me since things got a little behind over the last 3 months. Man to be 19 again and have that kind of energy!
He is in construction and is off for 3 weeks so I think next week we are going to do some shop organization, make shelves or maybe an office I don't know yet.
That's all I have for now,

Old 02-27-2015, 09:10 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hope for a speedy healing of your ankle. Not much here going on just living the dream. Been kind of looking for a truck wow the prices are high. Looking to go to the autoshow it starts March 7. Had a cold for the last week and a half.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:03 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
This is the slowest forum on FTE,

Old 03-04-2015, 03:59 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
This is the slowest forum on FTE,
So lets spice it up a little!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:27 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
I tried with the march BS thread!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:34 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Im ready for spring, Auto show, Piston power show, Ford swap some Norwalk action. I hope we have a good spring.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:24 AM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts
38 tomorrow, spring is right around the corner. Would be nice to get the truck to the car wash but I doubt I will be able to get within a half mile of it.
It's going to be messy if it all melts off at once though with a good rain.
Winter doesn't bother me much though. I prefer it when it stays cold.
Can't avoid a pothole on most of the city roads. Some pretty nasty ones too, swallow my 31's and than some if you don't pay attention. They shut down one lane of a state route due to it falling apart.
So how is everyone elses roads doing? I'm sure they all are taking a bad hit and no money to fix them.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:32 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, figured I'd join in finally. Haven't been up to much myself lately, just trying to focus on school, and keep up with everything. Finally washed my truck Monday though, man that thing was a mess. Looks a lot better, just did a quick job though. It was a lot worse because, the last time I washed it, early January, I did Fluid Film undercoating at the same time. I did it inside and I guess didn't have good enough ventilation, or did it wrong or something, because it put a mist in the air and it all landed all over my truck. Which isn't a totally bad thing, keeps the rust off I guess haha, but it also caused everything to stick to it making the truck even dirtier than usual. I would definitely use Fluid Film again. I like how it works vs. a hard or rubber coating, and goes on pretty easy and is also easy to do it yourself. And I can still clearly see it on the frame and axles, and even in the wheel wells, so its definitely still there and doing its job after about 3 months. I plan on using it again in the future.

I went to the Auto Show last weekend, that was pretty sweet. It was my first time going, and it was cool to see all the new vehicles. Of course I was looking mostly at the Fords. Man those new F150's are NICE, they look great, wouldn't mind having one of those. The new Super Duty's are great too, love the look of those as well. And are nice inside and out too! I went around and compared all the trucks between Ford, Dodge and Chevy/GMC. Ford was still by far the best in my opinion, just like them a lot more. Chevy was ok, but still not a big fan. Dodge was just downright disappointing to me. They didn't have much of a display at all. They had a few 1500's but not many and their Heavy Duty (2500+) display was just disappointing. They only had one diesel out of the whole display, which you would think would be a main selling point in that line of trucks. Almost all them were lower model trucks with only one or two higher end trucks, again something I think you would want to show off at an auto show. Their interiors were nothing to be excited about, even their supposed "higher end" ones, they didn't look much different then my 02 XLT interior, and I would expect something much more out a brand new truck that's almost 15 years newer than mine. They just didn't impress me at all. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but their display just didn't make much sense to me. Ford had a good lineup of both diesels and gassers, and showed off every model from XL all the way to Platinum. One of my favorite cars there was the new Ford GT, man that thing is awesome! Definitely looks like a super car, looks like something out of the future almost, just downright cool. Can't wait to see more about that.

Hope the surgery went well Kevin and that everything is well.

Yup its finally starting to warm, and the snow is melting. Can't wait for spring and summer time. I don't mind the winter, but I'm pretty much done with it now, and ready for spring haha. I don't drive many different roads, but the ones that I do, are pretty bad, they definitely need some work. They are kind of annoying, but that's also good for me because I work road construction in the summer with my Dad and Grandpa, so that means more work for us and that's always good.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:09 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Any one looking for a 68 F100 short bed project? Looking to sell needs paint and reassembled

Old 03-12-2015, 10:19 AM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I live in Michigan spend most of my time in Toledo. I drive a Cummins that came with a Dodge and am on a Ford site lol

Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
RedDevil, surgery went well, a lot of pain but doing MUCH better now.

I'm way behind here, I have junk to move, wife wants rooms painted and I'm still burning wood. Speaking of wood, Brian you still have any?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:30 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
1 load ready for pick up.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:11 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Old 03-14-2015, 02:48 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
Dang that's Purty!

Old 03-14-2015, 03:08 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Got it Thursday. A guy at work grabbed that load of wood so I still have some but yards a swamp so cannt get to it easily. I see what I can do monday or tuesday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lets try a MARCH almost anything goes BS thread