Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

View Poll Results: Please look at my request for sugestions on wheel for my 55 F 100
New 8 stud steel wheels 1 100.00%
6 stud steel wheels and I will modify 0 0%
Fit new smaller brake calipers all around 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

1955 / 76 F 100 top with F 250 chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM
New User

John Pelucci is starting off with a positive reputation.
1955 / 76 F 100 top with F 250 chassis

Click the image to open in full size.

Painting 2

Painting 1

Painting 3

Painting 4

American Popla with exhausts through the bin

Inside finish

Bin made in house with pearl paint 5 color change.

Well at long last I have finished this 8 year build. It has been a long one but worth it when I see the finished project. I brought my relation over from the UK to do the paint job. I could not get the paint I wanted in time to complete before he went back to the UK. I told him to do it in any color he wanted. This made him happy and what he came out with surprised allot of people. I must say that it was the best thing I did as I really like the finishing touches. It turns allot of heads when I drive down the road as it is really different. The bin changes 5 different colors which is stunning. If I did not know better I would have said he was on drugs.
The only thing that spoils the truck is the wheels. I have 245/75R 15 inch C wheels on the truck now ( 8 stud 164 PCD steel wheels ).
I have had to use a 6 mm spacer to clear the brake caliper. I need 400 mm inside diameter of the wheel to clear the caliper. This is so the wheel sits inside the wheel arch. Has anyone got any ideas of what size wheel I need to go to, 17 inch Click the image to open in full size.? I would prefer steel wheels even if it is 6 stud I have the facility to modify the wheel. I Have discs on the front and drums on the back. If I have to change to smaller discs I will do this. I am open for advice on this problem. I will require 5 wheels with the largest tyre I can fit. I am in Durban, South Africa.

Regards

John
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Interesting looking truck, especially the paint! As far as the wheels, I can't help you, but you should look at something that brings the wheels back under the fenders if possible.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
New User

John Pelucci is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi Ross
thanks for the reply. I am hoping to get the wheels back under the fenders.

Cheers

John
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Postmaster

fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I wonder if some 16" dually steel wheels would clear the front calipers.

1954 F100 4x4, 300, NP435/NP205
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM