Sponsored by: Moser

New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 06:50 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck

Still at dealership waiting on sales lady to fuel it up. Just finished signing papers on it.

2014 XLT 5.0. Same as my 2012 but has back up camera and trailer brake controller.

Check engine light started flashing on my old one. Started getting sick of it after that happened following the whole month and a half engine replacement ordeal. Good deals on the 2014s so I couldn't resist.

There's a couple pics on the dealers lot. I'll get better ones after its washed this weekend depending on the weather.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:02 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
Check engine light started flashing on my old one. Started getting sick of it after that happened following the whole month and a half engine replacement ordeal. Good deals on the 2014s so I couldn't resist.
You are a wise man.

In the grand scheme of things, a little money hickie in exchange for piece of mind is well worth it.

Enjoy the new one!!!

Old 02-26-2015, 07:50 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
It costs me $10 more a month. That is because GAP and PremiumCare ESP is added in on this one.

I have no problem with it. I would have liked to build a bit more equity in my old one, but piece of mind being worth it's weight in gold. I am one whose job requires so many miles that if I'm truthful with myself I will always a have a note anyway.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:03 AM
jstnromero
Postmaster
Congrats on the new truck. I just got one myself and I am very pleased with it. Hope this one serves you well!

Old 02-27-2015, 02:14 PM
riclar
Junior User
Congratulations and enjoy the new ride.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:03 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Congrats brother!!!!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:26 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,363 Likes on 1,709 Posts
Congrats. The white truck looks sharp. I see you bought from Robichaux Ford. I'm from Lafayette and have heard good things about them. I'm planning on buying a new truck next year when I retire from the CG and move back home to LA. Maybe I'll give them a shot at a sale.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice truck.
Does it have the chrome package?

Reminds me a lot of our 10 F150.
Trav

Old 02-27-2015, 07:13 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
It does have the chrome package, 302A I think it's called and some other appearance package. I've never been a fan of white but wanted a lighter color due to the dusty environment I work in. I would like my truck to still look clean on Monday afternoon where the blue one looked like I hadn't washed it in a year just from sitting in the parking lot.

Ford Coastie, they are awesome folks out there, small outfit and I think that makes a big difference. We have a bigger dealership closer to home and when we bought the blue truck and my wife's car we initially visited the one closer to home and promptly left after the "cattle car" treatment. We ended up at Robichaux and this is the 3rd purchase I made from them. If you do decide to visit PM me and I can reccomend an awesome sales lady.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:22 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Just curious though what engine did you choose this time?

Old 02-28-2015, 08:40 AM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
I went back with the 5.0. Same exact truck as the blue one but different color and this one has reverse camera and brake controller. I know about the problems surrounding the 5.0 now so should this one start making odd noises I know not to take "it's normal" at word.

When it came down to it I just couldn't let myself buy an Eco boost as I still beleive the 5.0 is a more solid engine. My old one ran 60,000 miles self destructing itself the whole way and didn't lose any power or burn any more oil then it did since new. Who knows how long it would have ran like that with no "tell" besides a tapping noise. I traded it because it started throwing codes and running rough and was looking at more shop time and I felt I couldn't trust it anymore.

I may end up keeping this one a long long time unless Ford brings in another V-8 n/a engine. If I end up with the same problems out of this one I doubt my next truck will be a Ford. I'm sure they have a big customer base with the turbo engines but I just can't get on that band wagon.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:23 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,363 Likes on 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
Ford Coastie, they are awesome folks out there, small outfit and I think that makes a big difference. We have a bigger dealership closer to home and when we bought the blue truck and my wife's car we initially visited the one closer to home and promptly left after the "cattle car" treatment. We ended up at Robichaux and this is the 3rd purchase I made from them. If you do decide to visit PM me and I can reccomend an awesome sales lady.
Thanks, I will do. A friend of mine from Morgan City bought at Terrebonne Ford and had a lot of problems with customer service after the sale. I usually buy at Hub City Ford in Lafayette, but I'm willing to give a small dealership a chance to earn my business and see what they can do.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:54 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Originally Posted by FORD COASTIE
Thanks, I will do. A friend of mine from Morgan City bought at Terrebonne Ford and had a lot of problems with customer service after the sale. I usually buy at Hub City Ford in Lafayette, but I'm willing to give a small dealership a chance to earn my business and see what they can do.
Terrebonne is where I bought my 2005 from and the service dept was lacking bad after the sale. They are the ones I was referring to in my earlier post. When we went to by the 2012 truck and Fusion we were treated like we should be grateful they allowed us to walk in the door. The next day we visited Robichaux and were treated with like customers and with respect. I would recommend our sales lady to anyone. The service dept has been outstanding as both of our vehicles go there for service. I was getting to be a crab towards the end of my blue trucks "stay" and I wouldn't have been surprised if they told me to buzz off, instead they were cheery anytime I spoke with them and I was greeted with huge smiles when I went to pick it up. Even bigger smiles when i visited them yesterday to pull my toll pass off of it. I couldn't imagine going through that deal with my blue truck at Terebonne. As far as I know they would still be telling me it's normal. That's the vibe I get from them.

All in all, each time I visit either for purchase or service I leave with feeling good about the transaction and for me, that counts for a lot.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:12 AM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
A few more pics on this gray day. In the near future I would like to paint the door handles white to get away from the work truck look. Not the chrome pieces, but the black pieces behind it. Any ideas, tips, instructional a are very welcome.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:45 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! Curious though...why did you not want the 2015? There are so many little things they changed with the new trucks that even I have done some builds on the website...lol

Quick Reply: New Truck