General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

why do women think men are deep?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 03:18 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why do women think men are deep?

OK first of all let's keep this clean and fun OK?

As a lot of you know I have been married a while now, it will be 9 years this June. And together with her for 12. We have two beautiful sons and most of the time we are very happy.

Since my motorcycle accident in August I have been home every day recovering from my injuries. And we have had lots of talks and fights along the way, mainly due to my pain level and having a hard time keeping calm because of it.

But twice now we have talked about men being complicated in the last week. I know for a fact I am not, other than my medical issues at the moment. She has observed me stare off into the distance for hours sometimes lately and she will ask me what I was thinking about. My answer, nothing. I literally was thinking of nothing, she doesn't believe that is possible to do. Maybe for her or most women it's not. I don't know.

A little bit ago we were talking about being healthier and I said yes I would like to be healthier, she asked what I meant. I said be healthy. Now I am not being stubborn or trying to be rude, but that is all that came to mind, and it she wanted me to explain it, how? I don't want to be unhealthy.

I keep reminding her that us men are simple, we want beer, food, playtime(PC version since its a family sight), sleep, and just to have fun. I have noticed with women it is much more than that. And that's fine, but why are we expected to been more complicated as men?

Thanks for reading, and feel free to express your opinions, but remember to be nice I want this thread to stay open and I really look forward to hearing from women as well.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:55 PM
slimbo13
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-27-2015, 05:01 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
I am a very simple man, in my opinion. But, i feel that men are far more complicated than women.

Women have basic natural maternal needs. To be needed, to be supported, to be able to support and protect their off spring, etc.

Men by nature hunt, kill, feed. Then we have this ego thing going on, this insecurity thing going on, this jealousy thing going on, etc. It all tends to cloud good judgement.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:47 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
You have some great points there Tim.

I haven't really thought of it that way. But when it comes to conversation and such I think most men are like me and just answer questions rather than expanding on our answer.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
Men by nature hunt, kill, feed. Then we have this ego thing going on, this insecurity thing going on, this jealousy thing going on, etc. It all tends to cloud good judgement.
I have always always thought of insecurity and jealousy as being more of a woman thing...

Tim

Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Not if she is talking to another guy.

Course I don't have those problemsas much anymore because I trust her and we have been together so long. But early in our relationship I was very insecure and jealous lol

Old 02-27-2015, 09:11 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
its human nature to think that others think the same way you do.when they say you don't it's hard to grasp.
women don't know what they want.they think they do for a while until they receive it but then it's right back to the drawing board trying to figure it out.so rather than simply being content and enjoy the ride we call life,they never are.thus the reason for constant analyzing and trying to figure it out.when your simple minded and content,it's not that your thinking nothing when your staring off,it's just that you may not be thinking of anything of great enough importance to recall what it was because your brain discards info it feels unworthy of the memory bank.
why women feel that we must be so complicated as them,is because they don't know or think any different than what they know.constantly trying to figure it out what will bring them fulfillment in their life.basically they're in constant search and thought for the contentment and happiness we naturally have.
don't try too hard at trying to understand something that doesn't fully understand itself.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:13 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Originally Posted by im2tall33
But twice now we have talked about men being complicated in the last week. I know for a fact I am not, other than my medical issues at the moment. She has observed me stare off into the distance for hours sometimes lately and she will ask me what I was thinking about. My answer, nothing. I literally was thinking of nothing, she doesn't believe that is possible to do. Maybe for her or most women it's not. I don't know.

A little bit ago we were talking about being healthier and I said yes I would like to be healthier, she asked what I meant. I said be healthy. Now I am not being stubborn or trying to be rude, but that is all that came to mind, and it she wanted me to explain it, how? I don't want to be unhealthy.

I keep reminding her that us men are simple, we want beer, food, playtime(PC version since its a family sight), sleep, and just to have fun. I have noticed with women it is much more than that. And that's fine, but why are we expected to been more complicated as men?
I too often stare off into space and just have a blank mind... It use to drive my wife crazy when I said I wasn't thinking anything because she just knew that I was plotting or scheming something against her... And she couldn't take what I said at face value, there had to be some deeper meaning...

Here's something fun to do if you want **** your significant other off... When she ask if she looks good/ok in something, say "Yeah, you look alright..."

Here's how it will play out:

Wife- "How do I look? Do I look ok?"
You- "Yeah, you look alright"
Wife- "Alright? What do you mean alright? Don't you think I look good?"
You- "Yeah, that's what I meant, you look good"
Wife- "Well why didn't you say I looked good then, you just said I looked alright. What's wrong with the way I look???"
You- "Nothing is wrong with the way you look, you look great..."
Wife- "Oh now you are just lying... I don't think you find me attractive anymore"

Now on the flip side if for some reason a man ever ask his wife how he looks:

Man- How do I look?
Wife- eh, I don't know about that shirt...
Man- Oh well, good enough, let's go...

Tim

Old 02-27-2015, 09:17 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
women don't know what they want.they think they do for a while until they receive it but then it's right back to the drawing board trying to figure it out.so rather than simply being content and enjoy the ride we call life,they never are.
And that is why I'm now divorced... She went from being excited, to content, to being bored with being married...

when your simple minded and content,it's not that your thinking nothing when your staring off,it's just that you may not be thinking of anything of great enough importance to recall what it was because your brain discards info it feels unworthy of the memory bank.
Hey, are you calling me simple minded...

Tim

Old 02-27-2015, 09:23 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
I am not one to start a fight with my wife lol. Plus no matter what she wears she looks great.

But I totally agree on the shirt thing for us men lol.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:27 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Originally Posted by im2tall33
I am not one to start a fight with my wife lol. Plus no matter what she wears she looks great.

But I totally agree on the shirt thing for us men lol.
I wasn't either... I've just accidentally said "alright" or "Ok" a few times...

Tim

Old 02-27-2015, 09:28 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
And that is why I'm now divorced... She went from being excited, to content, to being bored with being married...

Hey, are you calling me simple minded...

Tim
same thing happened to me many years ago now.been happily divorced ever since (well ok.not so happy at the time lol.thats some serious hurtful rejection right there.)

yup.simple like me and most men.it's a very good thing.envied by women everywhere.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:30 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
I have had my wife try many times to think about nothing and it lasts about 30 seconds.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:44 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
same thing happened to me many years ago now.been happily divorced ever since (well ok.not so happy at the time lol.thats some serious hurtful rejection right there.)

yup.simple like me and most men.it's a very good thing.envied by women everywhere.

Divorce is the best part of marriage, I highly recommend it to anyone that is married. Marriage is for how long you can hack it, but divorce is forever... My divorce gets stronger everyday.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't get married... but if you do get married, get divorced...

Tim

Old 02-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick Reply: why do women think men are deep?