Notices

Air Helper Suspension kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 02:06 PM
gameboynws
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Helper Suspension kits

I have a Air Lift(i think) kit in my 99 f-350, because of the absence of helper/overload springs. I love the kit and how it preforms in my truck, but the damn thing leaks air when it wants too.

Anybody use these kits and have air leakage problems?

Old 07-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Scooter29
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there gameboynws and welcome! The core inside the nipple may be loose. If you don't have an onboard compressor set-up and have to fill the bags manually, then it might be the cause. Get some soap and water in a spray bottle to see if you can locate where the leak(s) are. Unless they are damaged during installation or you are doing some jumping with your rig, the springs may punture the bag. If you do have the on-board compressor, use the soap and water to check for leaks while you run the compressor. You may have a bad line or fitting. Good luck and get back to us.... Talk with you later....

Old 07-28-2003, 08:10 AM
gameboynws
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have a brand new air pump installed on the truck. Old pump craped out and got it replaced under warentee. I am wondering if check valve is bad. Going to disconnect air pump and manually fill with schrader valve and see if my check valve is faluty.