Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2003, 11:26 AM
New User

dmancine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Ranger Bed Extender

I just purchased a 2003 Ford Ranger with 6 ft. bed. I am interested in getting a bed extender. I know the aftermarket extenders require drilling of the pick-up bed. I would like to know if the OEM extender requires any drilling of the bed or does it just mound to the bed sides? Also, are the OEM extenders available anywhere discounted?
Old 07-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Post Fiend

Rockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to behold
Ford Ranger Bed Extender

Hi, welcome to FTE!

Why not at least talk with the parts guy at your local Ford dealership and ask him what Ford has available and how it mounts up, etc? Maybe he has some diagrams or other install notes in the computer that go along with the parts. Get a price quote even, and then go from there.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:39 PM
Junior User

phantom22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Ranger Bed Extender

Even the factory-installed bedxtenders are drilled in to the bed walls. Most of them are bolted in in the flat are behind the brake lights. Ive been looking for one also, but cant find one for less than 250 bucks. You might call your dealer, they get them in by the truck load and might have extra for you to purchase cheaper than ordering.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Elder User

greenpus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Ranger Bed Extender

JcWhitless usually has them onsale every now and then for 190.00. I was surfing the net one time and came a cross a sale on those extenders and got one for 150.00 with freeeeeeeeee shipping. Awesome find. After that they shot up to about 240.00
Old 07-23-2003, 02:28 PM