Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Power Mirrors.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 12:09 AM
Lightning LA
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adding Power Mirrors.

I've been trying to piece together what all I need to get this done, and so far I think I have everything I need. I have the Mirrors-Mirror Switch-Switch Housing & a complete Driver/Passenger Wiring Harness out of a Truck that had the Power Mirrors. So now I need to figure out how to do this, I really don't want to remove my Dash. So is it possible to remove just the Power Mirror Wires from the extra Harness I have, and then run them along my Harness that I already have? I figure the Power Mirror part is just taped up in the Harness, and I could take just that part out of the donor Harness. And hook it up inside the Drivers Door & instead of running it way up behind the Dash just tuck it under the Dash, and run it to the Passenger side Kick Panel then up into the Passenger Door. I could be WAY off on this, that's why I'm asking you Guys that know WAY more than me.. It would be great if someone else has done this & can tell me how to go about this, because when it comes to wiring I'm at a loss.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:14 AM
bashby
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What are you working on? What truck did the mirrors come off of? Was power windows even an option on this era truck?

Old 02-21-2015, 09:15 AM
merc460
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What year of truck do you have ? As the 92-96 are harder to do than the 87-91 style.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightning LA
I've been trying to piece together what all I need to get this done, and so far I think I have everything I need. I have the Mirrors-Mirror Switch-Switch Housing & a complete Driver/Passenger Wiring Harness out of a Truck that had the Power Mirrors. So now I need to figure out how to do this, I really don't want to remove my Dash. So is it possible to remove just the Power Mirror Wires from the extra Harness I have, and then run them along my Harness that I already have? I figure the Power Mirror part is just taped up in the Harness, and I could take just that part out of the donor Harness. And hook it up inside the Drivers Door & instead of running it way up behind the Dash just tuck it under the Dash, and run it to the Passenger side Kick Panel then up into the Passenger Door. I could be WAY off on this, that's why I'm asking you Guys that know WAY more than me.. It would be g

eat if someone else has done this & can tell me how to go about this, because when it comes to wiring I'm at a loss.

It takes 30 min to pull the dash and another 45 to put it back in. Why not just do it right and be DONE.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Lightning LA
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The F-150 I'm wanting to add the Power Mirrors to is my 1995 F-150 XLT, and it has Power Windows & Locks but doesn't have the Power Mirrors. The Wiring Harness that has the Power Windows-Locks & Power Mirrors came out of either a 94-95 or 96 F-150 I'm not sure, I bought them from a parts Guy over the internet. And the reason I want to try to separate just the Power Mirror part is because I want to keep my original Wiring Harness that Powers the Windows & Locks, and just add in the Power Mirror part. It seems like I should be able to do that, but I'm not sure. And if I can do that it would be a lot easier to run just those few wires under the bottom of the Dash instead of removing the whole thing, but if I was going to run the whole other big Harness I'd want to run it in the right place, but since I'm wanting to separate just the parts of the Harness that I need I think it would tuck up under the Dash out of site. But since I'm not good at wiring or figuring out wiring, that's why I wanted to know if anyone here has any idea on how I should proceed with this. I have all the pieces of the puzzle, now I just need to figure out how to put it together...