Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
Wow! Read the whole thread. Great news on the new Ex. A bunch of great guys helped out and that just proves that this site is awesome.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
Wow! Read the whole thread. Great news on the new Ex. A bunch of great guys helped out and that just proves that this site is awesome.
Time to become a supporting member

Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Time to become a supporting member
PUSHER! Stop being a guilt trip bully.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Went looking for a picture to caption to say something back but found this and damn if I didn't have to post it... WTF?!?

Old 02-27-2015, 11:39 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
So, when do you get it? so we can get hundreds of pictures!

Old 02-27-2015, 11:39 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Went looking for a picture to caption to say something back but found this and damn if I didn't have to post it... WTF?!?

Now that is some sort of messed up there.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
So, when do you get it? so we can get hundreds of pictures!
Not sure yet. It turns out that the transporters aren't going to move my truck. Apparently moving things is a game and all they do is get you to sign up at a cheap price and then wait. When you don't get it moved and ask why they tell you that you should offer more to the truckers to pick it up and eventually it will get picked up. After talking to a few people over the last few days and a few carriers it looks like it will be close to 1k to ship it.

In other news I'm buying a plane ticket to Houston

Old 02-28-2015, 01:15 AM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
Wow so I am out doing ball joints on a buddy's car and I miss all this lol.

Originally Posted by Pele
I think the price was a little steep.

Here's a nice one for a bit cheaper. I'd lose the wheels though:
2003 Eddie Bauer FORD EXCURSION

If I didn't have mine, I'd seriously look at this one:
2000 Ford Excursion Limited Edition

Or this one:
2000 Ford Excursion Limited

This one's clean too:
Excursion Limited v10 4x4

But I'm a sucker for a cheap vehicle. $5 grand is high for me.

Glad you were able to find one you enjoy, Apocalypse.
Ad 1, sweet rims (I wish there was the option of a smiley puking )
Ad 2, Could be a nice truck but it had nice wheels on it I bet and they were removed before being up for sale is my guess
Ad 3, In case there was any wonder whose "girl" drives it, oh yeaaaaa it's Twisted's Girl. Seriously, who puts crap like that on their car???
Ad 4, I have nothing to be critical about and I am disappointed about that.

...That's right stroller, you want me to push you? I would push you so good... I would push you through the mall and the park and even through the neighborhood. I could push you slow and I could push you fast... I might even get a little crazy and push down a bit on the handlebars so the front tire lifts up and the baby squeals... you like that stroller? That's right...

"The only thing sexier than an Excursion is 2 Excursions at the same time." -George "W" Bush Jr.
I find this horribly disturbing lol but did enjoy the little known quote from Dub-yuh lol

Not sure yet. It turns out that the transporters aren't going to move my truck. Apparently moving things is a game and all they do is get you to sign up at a cheap price and then wait. When you don't get it moved and ask why they tell you that you should offer more to the truckers to pick it up and eventually it will get picked up. After talking to a few people over the last few days and a few carriers it looks like it will be close to 1k to ship it.

Hey if you don't want to head straight back East, you can take a little detour to Waco and I will buy you a beer sir!

Old 02-28-2015, 01:57 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos
Wow so I am out doing ball joints on a buddy's car and I miss all this lol.

Ad 1, sweet rims (I wish there was the option of a smiley puking )
Ad 2, Could be a nice truck but it had nice wheels on it I bet and they were removed before being up for sale is my guess
Ad 3, In case there was any wonder whose "girl" drives it, oh yeaaaaa it's Twisted's Girl. Seriously, who puts crap like that on their car???
Ad 4, I have nothing to be critical about and I am disappointed about that.

I find this horribly disturbing lol but did enjoy the little known quote from Dub-yuh lol

Hey if you don't want to head straight back East, you can take a little detour to Waco and I will buy you a beer sir!
I need to stop by Ft Hood anyway to get my new ID card made... might as well stop off for a drink I plan on making a few stops along the way

Old 02-28-2015, 04:33 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 829 Likes on 569 Posts
Apoc, If you get horribly lost on your way home from TX and wind up in my area I'll be happy to buy you dinner (and turn you around towards home).

Old 02-28-2015, 05:07 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Apoc, If you get horribly lost on your way home from TX and wind up in my area I'll be happy to buy you dinner (and turn you around towards home).
I'll have to pick up the wife on the way, she'll get mad if I'm gone to long lol.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:48 AM
Magnolia Tom
Elder User
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Everyone, I apologize for not responding sooner. No sooner to I have the truck In my possession does my phone start exploding with calls from my missus and a buddy who's fallen on hard times.

Anyhow, here is one pic of the truck since the app won't let me upload anymore beyond that.

Attachment 115386

Again, my sincerest Apologies to everyone and especially Apoc for not showing pics sooner. This has been a VERY long day, but it's all over and Appc will be VERY happy with his Mighty V10!
Looks like my wife's Ex. Very Nice

Old 02-28-2015, 07:29 AM
KY60
Senior User
Apoc, I started looking at doing the cross country relay, first thing I checked was uhaul $468 for an auto carrier, so those participating in the relay would have a way to get to and from pick up and drop off points. When you said you were getting it shipped for $600, I figured that was the way to go and i stopped planning. Sorry man feel like I let you down, your truck would probably be to Atlanta by now. if there is anything I can do let me know.

Kevin

Old 02-28-2015, 08:03 AM
stpete
Senior User
I had my truck shipped from Houston to DC. IIRC it was around $700, maybe $800.

I spent a ton of time picking a shipping agent. But, reading reviews the big scam is to lure you in with a cheaper price then tell you you need to up your game to get a driver interested. I got quotes between $450 and $2500, but settled on the best rated shipper around $7-800. I think it took about 10-12 days before it was picked up. They didn't even tell me, I called the dealer to ask if they had a shipper they use regularly and they told me it had been picked up the day before. Then I got a call the next night around 10PM that the guy was 10 miles from my house.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:41 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hauling an EXCURSION (any SUV is also) is un-desirable to the transporters w/o charging MORE. I had a '04 Mountaineer transported from CO to Reno, NV for $1000. Even then, the driver whined it wasn't a "car" because it added wind resistance to this 3-car 5th wheel trailer. Spent 8 days waiting for news and the guy showed up w/o advance notice and I had to contact friends (we had already flown home) to bring the keys to the driver. It WAS still better considering we were on vacation, our son (who we bought it for) had just rolled their vehicle, and needed to leave for San Fran in a few days..
Nearly every transporter is a "broker" (despite the one I choose saying they had their OWN drivers/vehicles). They have a network they use to work together to match drivers with a vehicle wanting to moved.

You would likely have gotten a call, "A driver is going to be near you, but because the Ex is soo big, this driver will need another $1000 to be able to move it. Or, we can wait for another driver to be in your neighborhood".

Quick Reply: AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!