Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos
There's always this one. I know it had that debt on the rear under the cladding but you can probably get it down where you need it price wise. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4852011672.html
We can go look at this one tonight

Saw that one but thought he'd already looked at it.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:53 PM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
We can go look at this one tonight Saw that one but thought he'd already looked at it.
Yea I think it was in the running with the one from Dallas but if he's not totally sold on the 05 in Dallas, it might be good to see this one. Lol idk, Apoc?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe it's the meds I'm on, but im totally lost... As of last night they had a plan to buy the 05'. What happen?

There's been a few that looked promising including the one just posted.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Just talked to the guy with the diesel, he's a wholesaler. I think I want to pass on the 05 every time I look at it I hate the color more and more. the one down in Houston is pretty nice and I really like it but the seller won't budge a bit on it. Honestly if the 6.0 checks out I would be fine with it, there is a place South of me in NC that does BP motor trades (you have to pull and have it installed) for like 6k. If the rest of the truck is fine then I'm willing to take the risk. If it blows I'll just park it for a few months until I can afford to get it fixed.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:58 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I can't seem to get ahold of the guy with the diesel in Miami anymore, I just get his VM. I think I want to pass on the 05 every time I look at it I hate the color more and more. the one down in Houston is pretty nice and I really like it but the seller won't budge a bit on it. Honestly if the 6.0 checks out I would be fine with it, there is a place South of me in NC that does BP motor trades (you have to pull and have it installed) for like 6k. If the rest of the truck is fine then I'm willing to take the risk. If it blows I'll just park it for a few months until I can afford to get it fixed.
It's not a gasser, you don't replace one headache with another headache...
You need to make it a reliable engine. By bullet proofing oil cooler, studs, egr etc.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
That's what I meant by BP was Bullet Proofing. You take them your good core and 6k and they give you a nice fresh bullet proofed motor. Sounds super simple on paper.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:06 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A cheap 6.0 scares the heck out of me. Any 6.0 you find in your budget is cheap. Its your money though and you might get lucky.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Blue one sold this morning while I was setting up a time with his wife
Please post links to the rigs you reference so we know which one you're talking about when you post, brother-man. So many have been posted I can't keep track.

Which one was the blue one?

Originally Posted by LivingLarge
If you had a 20k budget and spent 15 for a nice one I would be on board with you.
Truth.

I think I want to pass on the 05 every time I look at it I hate the color more and more.
There are some colors that would be deal breakers for me, and while the beige from the early years is one of those colors, that '05 champagne looking color is sharp, Apoc. http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/4866213655.html

That rig looks good in the pics, my friend and if it were me, I'd be on the phone with whomever is making the road trip for you to check it out and asking, "Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet?"

Stewart

Last edited by Stewart_H; 02-25-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:14 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
So you really think the Pueblo Gold is for me? (Razzi told me the name) It's not bad I just don't know if I like the solid color, it seems to luxurious and reminds me of LivingLarges rig... If I scratched it or messed up the interior I would feel like I let him down or I just didn't give enough of a ****. I really like the EB color combos and interiors but I'm pretty much at the end of my rope now. Tonight will be the last night of looking for me, it's really starting to stress me out and everyone has done so much for me that I feel bad that I haven't bought one yet.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Old 02-25-2015, 05:19 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
So you really think the Pueblo Gold is for me?
Only you can answer that, bud. I was just trying to relate to you that if it were me, as much as I really would not like owning an Arizona Beige Ex, that Pueblo Gold is an amazing looking rig and I wouldn't mind the color at all. I like that front grill too.

I really like the EB color combos and interiors
Not me. I've never like the EB interiors.

Stewart

Old 02-25-2015, 05:21 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
That's what I meant by BP was Bullet Proofing. You take them your good core and 6k and they give you a nice fresh bullet proofed motor. Sounds super simple on paper.
oh I see, you give them your motor with 150k miles and they give you a pretty one back that has 300k miles... Homie don't plat dat!

Old 02-25-2015, 05:24 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also be sure to look up how best to yank a motor from an excursion. It looks quite involved.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
oh I see, you give them your motor with 150k miles and they give you a pretty one back that has 300k miles... Homie don't plat dat!
I'm sure they paint it, that's gotta be worth something

Old 02-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 1NiceHarley
Check to see if the HPOP has been changed recently! They last about 140K on the excursions, from my research.
Whoa, you've been given really bad info. HPOP's rarely go out. And if they do, there's absolutely no relation to miles, one HPOP to the next.

That's not to say dealerships LOVE to try and tell clueless customers their HPOP needs replacing, along with an injector or two when a person has problems, but HPOP's are incredibly sturdy.

Stewart

Quick Reply: AND THEN THERE WAS ONE! THE EPIC APOC BUYING OF THE EXCURSION OF ALL TIMES THREAD!!!