6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Duallys Only

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rep gun shot in Don's direction for the Horse Stall Matting!!!

Great tip!

Old 02-20-2015, 02:56 PM
wingedone
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I find it amusing when guys answer what they have done to the truck with not much, then list a litany of items. I haven't hardly done nothing.

I have one of the few 2wd models on here. It sits in the garage all winter waiting for towing duties when (if) it warms up (it was minus 20 here this morning).

2013 Lariat Kodiak Brown/Adobe (to go with the 5th). Weathertech splash guards, Truxedo Truxport cover (stretches over the generator in the box), RVS-770613-213 | One Camera Rear View System with Quick Connect/Disconnect Kit | backup camera system | Rear View Safety (insert link button's not working) umm, that's it.

Good truck so far, haven't taken it in for the recall. Will wait and see what people say about it so far, come spring.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:29 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Well Wing, you have saved some bucks for sure and as I understand it depending upon where you live its + or - on resale/trade in. Here in S Tex, 2wd, don't bother, dealer will take it give you nothing and I mean nothing and he will wholesale it out to a different part of the country.

Looks good with your 5ver...

Old 02-20-2015, 07:16 PM
wingedone
Tuned
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
Well Wing, you have saved some bucks for sure and as I understand it depending upon where you live its + or - on resale/trade in. Here in S Tex, 2wd, don't bother, dealer will take it give you nothing and I mean nothing and he will wholesale it out to a different part of the country.

Looks good with your 5ver...

Thanks!

There is resale for some, and if I planned on selling or trading in, in a few years, it definitely would have been a different purchase. There are a number of financial advantages in cost and maintenance if you keep a 2wd truck a long time. Also, I don't have to deal with added cost of timbrens or air bags to level when I hook up. It's nice and level with 2wd.

We kept our last Ford pickup 15 years, driving it (also 2wd) all through the winters, and it was well rotted out by the time I got rid of it. We plan to keep this one 20 years (it goes by fast) and without winter on it, it should stay pretty nice. It's amazing how clean it stays underneath, if it is not driven in the winter.

Ordered in March and received it in May 2013. It has about 9800 miles on it. Figuring it will have about 100k miles in 20 years.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:18 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wingedone
Thanks!

There is resale for some, and if I planned on selling or trading in, in a few years, it definitely would have been a different purchase. There are a number of financial advantages in cost and maintenance if you keep a 2wd truck a long time. Also, I don't have to deal with added cost of timbrens or air bags to level when I hook up. It's nice and level with 2wd.

We kept our last Ford pickup 15 years, driving it (also 2wd) all through the winters, and it was well rotted out by the time I got rid of it. We plan to keep this one 20 years (it goes by fast) and without winter on it, it should stay pretty nice. It's amazing how clean it stays underneath, if it is not driven in the winter.

Ordered in March and received it in May 2013. It has about 9800 miles on it. Figuring it will have about 100k miles in 20 years.
I miss my 2wd dually. The 4wd is really a lot rougher ride.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:21 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by sdetweil
I miss my 2wd dually. The 4wd is really a lot rougher ride.
SD, Liberty Hill, there is a Thai joint there on the main drag that throws down some great chow, was there a couple of weeks ago

Old 02-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
I find it amusing when guys answer what they have done to the truck with not much, then list a litany of items. I haven't hardly done nothing.

I have one of the few 2wd models on here. It sits in the garage all winter waiting for towing duties when (if) it warms up (it was minus 20 here this morning).

2013 Lariat Kodiak Brown/Adobe (to go with the 5th). Weathertech splash guards, Truxedo Truxport cover (stretches over the generator in the box), RVS-770613-213 | One Camera Rear View System with Quick Connect/Disconnect Kit | backup camera system | Rear View Safety (insert link button's not working) umm, that's it.

Good truck so far, haven't taken it in for the recall. Will wait and see what people say about it so far, come spring.
Very nice rig..........

A friend of mine here in Montana does not like the 4x4s........His Super Duty is a 2x4 and he hauls a camper on it. He uses his during the winter.
No salt here.....so the trucks don't rust out.......

Old 02-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Jolly Green is growing an Aux Fuel Tank/Toolbox..........
91 Gallons.

Note the new location of the 7-pin connector.....

Old 02-20-2015, 08:29 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
SD, Liberty Hill, there is a Thai joint there on the main drag that throws down some great chow, was there a couple of weeks ago
Haven't been there. Will add it to my list

Old 02-20-2015, 09:08 PM
wingedone
Tuned
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Very nice rig..........

A friend of mine here in Montana does not like the 4x4s........His Super Duty is a 2x4 and he hauls a camper on it. He uses his during the winter.
No salt here.....so the trucks don't rust out.......

Thanks!

Boy do they like the salt here. My blue Focus is nearly white. Wash it off and it's right back.

I never had even a FWD vehicle until our 1994 Taurus, so I drove 20 winters with RWD cars. We seemed to manage to not kill ourselves back then, and get where we need to go (eventually.. ).

Old 02-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks!

Boy do they like the salt here. My blue Focus is nearly white. Wash it off and it's right back.

I never had even a FWD vehicle until our 1994 Taurus, so I drove 20 winters with RWD cars. We seemed to manage to not kill ourselves back then, and get where we need to go (eventually.. ).
That is true.......
I wish all the states would stop using salt. People just slow down.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:56 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
I miss being in Wyoming. Last time I was back there it was still the same.

Plow the roads.

Sand the intersections.

That was it. That was Torrington. Don't know about the larger cities though.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:40 AM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They use a lot of salt here in PA. I went to the DIY car wash, just hosed off the truck went back home and it was all white again, I can just hear the salt eating away at my metal.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:15 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,621 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Very nice rig you have there. If I could have found a 2wd on a lot, equipped the way I wanted it, I would probably be driving one myself. Less dead weight and better ride.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thomas' rig is the sharpest of any on FTE in my opinion... Just ooozes class from one end to the other...

Quick Reply: Duallys Only