6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2011 6.7 Engine gone @104,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:13 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cordus
Case has been closed but i will continue to share my experience. If i didn't buy a Ford every 2-3 years this wouldn't **** me off so much. On to Dodge. 2011 F250 6.7 crew cab for sale. New engine with 100k warranty on it. Black with black leather 35K.
Sorry to hear the case is closed...

The Dodge sounds like it could be coming from close to an identical situation you are having with your Ford! He may be saying that he's got a line on a 2011 Ford SD getting a brand new engine right now!

My dealers have generally been pretty fair with me and my just out of warranty issues. I do frequent them for some maintenance and periodic safety inspections (brakes etc), even though I prefer to do the work myself..

Good luck with the rest of your journey.. I hope you have a good experience going forward...

Old 02-17-2015, 12:39 PM
cordus
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Sorry to hear the case is closed...

The Dodge sounds like it could be coming from close to an identical situation you are having with your Ford! He may be saying that he's got a line on a 2011 Ford SD getting a brand new engine right now!

My dealers have generally been pretty fair with me and my just out of warranty issues. I do frequent them for some maintenance and periodic safety inspections (brakes etc), even though I prefer to do the work myself..

Good luck with the rest of your journey.. I hope you have a good experience going forward...
Thanks man

Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
On to Dodge.
You must be a high mileage driver. On your new Dodge, will you purchase an extended warranty, sell/trade it prior to running out of drive-train warranty, or continue to drive it once the warranty expires? I thought RAM had a 5yr/100,000 mile factory warranty.

Post some pictures of the new Ram once you get it along with some initial impressions of the new beast.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:45 PM
vince474
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vloney
The end of the glow plug was broken off. That caused a cascade of damage.
I actually had this happen to my truck at 44,600 miles. It was at the dealer for almost a month. The engine they replaced it with was a brand new 2013 long block. I've still had nothing but problems with this truck. It's at the dealer again this week also.

Vince Wood
Diamond Bar, CA

Old 02-18-2015, 10:16 PM
miner999r
Tuned
Glad I purchased extended Ford extended warranty last week for my recently purchased 2011! Wished I had purchased the Ford warranty right away instead of the third party one the dealer sold me. The Ford warranty would have already paid for itself because the third party did not cover the issues I had. Hard lesson learned.

Showed this to my wife and said maybe we should ditch the truck while it is running good. Her advise was stop reading these forums!

Old 02-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have a very perceptive wife Miner....

As we read on and wonder .....

Old 02-19-2015, 08:06 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vince474
...I've still had nothing but problems with this truck. It's at the dealer again this week also...
Tell me more, Vince; I want to see what I can do to help. Why's your truck at the dealership? How many miles are on it now?

Crystal

Old 02-19-2015, 12:29 PM
vince474
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordService
Tell me more, Vince; I want to see what I can do to help. Why's your truck at the dealership? How many miles are on it now?

Crystal
The dealer said the axle seal on the left rear was leaking and the hose that goes to from a coolant reservoir up to the EGR was bad. Last month it was the oil pan sealant that was bad and causing an oil leak. The truck has 116,150 miles on it. I should get it back late today or early tomorrow. $900 in repairs for just the seal and hose this week. The extended warranty doesn't cover any of these items.

I just wait for something else to break on this truck every time I get it back.

Next month I'll be getting a new truck anyways.

Thanks for all of your help Crystal, I know a lot of guys besides myself on here appreciate everything you do on here for us. Keep up the great work Crystal.

Vince Wood
Diamond Bar, CA
2011 Ford F-450 12' Flatbed 6.7L Diesel

Old 02-19-2015, 01:30 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
...Thanks for all of your help Crystal, I know a lot of guys besides myself on here appreciate everything you do on here for us. Keep up the great work Crystal...
Thanks for the kind words, Vince. It sounds like your truck will be coming home soon; let me know if you need any assistance from my neck of the woods.

Crystal

Old 02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by miner999r
Glad I purchased extended Ford extended warranty last week for my recently purchased 2011! Wished I had purchased the Ford warranty right away instead of the third party one the dealer sold me. The Ford warranty would have already paid for itself because the third party did not cover the issues I had. Hard lesson learned.

Showed this to my wife and said maybe we should ditch the truck while it is running good. Her advise was stop reading these forums!
Lately I have been trading in before the warranties expire - because I can't afford the major issues. You are getting $1000 dollared to death, which still sucks. It's when the engine goes boom or fuel the system or the suspension drops out because you made a u-turn on a dirt road that really gets you crazy.

Of course Ford and the dealer love this attitude of mine - as long as I continue to buy Fords of course. (which I have)

For some this doesn't work out well as they drive too much. And of course you have the people that can drive something forever and never put anything other than Gas, Tires, Oil, and window washer fluid in them.

I wish you the best in whatever you decide. I choose to get rid of my 2011 with 40k miles on it while it was running good and before I had to put money into it. I did get a 2015... Went up in price and trim level and got a cheaper truck payment.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:44 PM
SultanGris
Elder User

The dealer said the axle seal on the left rear was leaking and the hose that goes to from a coolant reservoir up to the EGR was bad. Last month it was the oil pan sealant that was bad and causing an oil leak. The truck has 116,150 miles on it. I should get it back late today or early tomorrow. $900 in repairs for just the seal and hose this week. The extended warranty doesn't cover any of these items.

I just wait for something else to break on this truck every time I get it back.

Next month I'll be getting a new truck anyways.

Thanks for all of your help Crystal, I know a lot of guys besides myself on here appreciate everything you do on here for us. Keep up the great work Crystal.

Vince Wood
Diamond Bar, CA
2011 Ford F-450 12' Flatbed 6.7L Diesel
That's why I never buy extended warranty, it doesn't cover Jack squat really, lol

Old 02-19-2015, 05:42 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SultanGris
That's why I never buy extended warranty, it doesn't cover Jack squat really, lol
2 things.

1. The ford esp warranty diesel care plus covers exactly what it says it covers. In my case ford shelled out close to $32,000 to keep my 2011 truck right.

2. Dealer service writers and managers are solely responsible for souring the reputation of ford and leading folks to develop opinions like yours. I firmly believe that at least 50% of warranty denials are because the initial diagnosis and repair orders are mis handled.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:14 PM
cordus
Freshman User
So went today to get the truck and the bill was $14,000. I pay the bill and they pull the truck in. No Turbo pressure and a loud squealing. Service guy looks at me and says looks like it needs a turbo. That is weird we drove it for 50 miles yesterday with no problems. This is unreal

Old 02-20-2015, 12:34 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,412 Likes on 1,007 Posts
They knew it yesterday....they were just hoping it would go away.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:15 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
So went today to get the truck and the bill was $14,000. I pay the bill and they pull the truck in. No Turbo pressure and a loud squealing. Service guy looks at me and says looks like it needs a turbo. That is weird we drove it for 50 miles yesterday with no problems. This is unreal
Sounds like lawyer time inmo.

Quick Reply: 2011 6.7 Engine gone @104,000 miles