6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

After all it's just money, they make more of that every day!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 04:05 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After all it's just money, they make more of that every day!

Tossed on some WeatherTech Digital Fit mud flaps today, nice and tidy fit and look.

Tomorrow the Line-X goes in, and the Retrax MX Pro goes on. Doing a Pop & Lock tied to the door locks as well. More pics after that.

Love this truck more and more every day!

Last edited by NStorm; 02-12-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-12-2015, 04:14 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice.

I got husky mud flaps this time because the fasteners they used on those weather techs back in 2011 were not the best. Did they still send a funny twist lock thing?

I've also had to grind and weld reinforced metal to the pop n lock inside the tailgate if that's what you're doing. Might want to look closely at that thing too and I hope they've made it better now. Ones we had didn't last a year....

Sure would be nice for some factory stuff like that....the new 150's are supposed to work right.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:30 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Very nice.

I got husky mud flaps this time because the fasteners they used on those weather techs back in 2011 were not the best. Did they still send a funny twist lock thing?

I've also had to grind and weld reinforced metal to the pop n lock inside the tailgate if that's what you're doing. Might want to look closely at that thing too and I hope they've made it better now. Ones we had didn't last a year....

Sure would be nice for some factory stuff like that....the new 150's are supposed to work right.
Thanks! I looked hard at the Husky's too, and NO MORE TWISTY BS! Just nuts and bolts...solid state. The box still shows the twisty deal, but the flaps don't have that anymore, pretty happy about that.

I had an issue like that in the past with a pop n lock on a Leer topper. I'll take a look at what the installers do tomorrow, and adjust if necessary.

Pretty psyched about the Retrax, seems like a tremendous unit, and got a great price....they're going to go up in the next month across the board (Retrax). The MX is a matte finish, should look slick.

Also, they're going to make a note on my receipt and on file regarding my tailgate step, if I ever want to lose the stripper pole, and replace the plate on the gate, they'll spray it for me...thought that was nice. Almost don't need the pole on a 350...hard to reach anyway.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Lastwagen
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had a lot of wet weather in January and I'm pleased with the WeatherTechs. The cupped design seems to channel the water down and not up the side of the truck. Wider tires and maybe not the same results, but for now they were a good choice.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:44 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,446 Likes on 892 Posts
Nice truck....

Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Lastwagen
We had a lot of wet weather in January and I'm pleased with the WeatherTechs. The cupped design seems to channel the water down and not up the side of the truck. Wider tires and maybe not the same results, but for now they were a good choice.
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger
Nice truck....
Thanks guys!

I failed to mention I also did the Eipc door seal mod today as well. Slick, sure cut down the wind noise. Doors aren't as tight as my wife's wrangler (probably good, don't need to blow a hinge), but they're much tighter than they were.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:10 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 899 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by NStorm
Thanks guys!

I failed to mention I also did the Eipc door seal mod today as well. Slick, sure cut down the wind noise. Doors aren't as tight as my wife's wrangler (probably good, don't need to blow a hinge), but they're much tighter than they were.
I should do that mod. can you give me the specs? What kind of tubing, where did you get it, what was the procedure you used?

I'd appreciate it, thanks, Dave

Old 02-13-2015, 06:46 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by djousma
I should do that mod. can you give me the specs? What kind of tubing, where did you get it, what was the procedure you used?

I'd appreciate it, thanks, Dave
Hi Dave! Here's a link to the original instructional video, produced by one of our own FTE members:

I used this process, but used WD-40, and sprayed every third hole on the seal pretty good with the straw on the can (ran it down and in). Also, as my little boy pulled the fish tape back through the door seal with the tubing taped on, I greased the other end up good by pooling the oil in my hand as the tube entered the seal. No issues whatsoever. Also, if you're a little short on either end afterward (tubing sucks back up inside the seal) just snip a chunk and press it into the seal, no issues...the ends of the seal meet back on the door frame and hold everything together.

Here is the tubing I purchased, terrific stuff...it was +5 degrees outside here yesterday morning, and I left it out to ensure it wouldn't stiffen up at all...just as plyable at that temp as it is inside the house.

http://amzn.com/B004HEAFSW

Good luck, and don't hesitate to rehit this thread, or PM me if I can help!

Best,
Nels

Last edited by NStorm; 02-13-2015 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Trying to fix the Amazon Link
Old 02-13-2015, 07:10 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Hi Dave! Here's a link to the original instructional video, produced by one of our own FTE members:

Door Seal Modification Ford Super Duty - YouTube

I used this process, but used WD-40, and sprayed every third hole on the seal pretty good with the straw on the can (ran it down and in). Also, as my little boy pulled the fish tape back through the door seal with the tubing taped on, I greased the other end up good by pooling the oil in my hand as the tube entered the seal. No issues whatsoever. Also, if you're a little short on either end afterward (tubing sucks back up inside the seal) just snip a chunk and press it into the seal, no issues...the ends of the seal meet back on the door frame and hold everything together.

Here is the tubing I purchased, terrific stuff...it was +5 degrees outside here yesterday morning, and I left it out to ensure it wouldn't stiffen up at all...just as plyable at that temp as it is inside the house.

http://amzn.com/B004HEAFSW

Good luck, and don't hesitate to rehit this thread, or PM me if I can help!

Best,
Nels

Thanks Nels. One last question, how many feet of tubing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it is a 50' segment. Just ordered some.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:20 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru

No worries! Right, 50'. Probably should be 51'...that would be perfect. I was good, but a little slop would have been nice. Good luck!

Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

just note on the Amazon item, it says may be 1-3 segments per roll.

"NOTE: TUBING MAY NOT BE CONTINUOUS, THIS TUBING IS FACTORY PACKED IN 1 -3 SEGMENTS"

Old 02-13-2015, 09:06 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sdetweil

"NOTE: TUBING MAY NOT BE CONTINUOUS, THIS TUBING IS FACTORY PACKED IN 1 -3 SEGMENTS"
Good catch Sam, I hit 1 seam, they're taped together end to end (red tape) and flow through the seal just fine.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:23 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good catch Sam, I hit 1 seam, they're taped together end to end (red tape) and flow through the seal just fine.
thanks for that info.. taped together and not another chore is great info.
I need to do this mod too..

Old 02-13-2015, 09:32 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
thanks for that info.. taped together and not another chore is great info.
I need to do this mod too..
Sure thing!

I did all 4 in under an hour with my co-pilot yesterday.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:38 AM
djousma
Cargo Master

Yea, I saw that. found the same stuff on ebay, but one continuous piece, and ordered from there.

Quick Reply: After all it's just money, they make more of that every day!