General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Word Crimes

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:51 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Word Crimes

This video should be mandatory for anyone posting on the internet...

Tim

Old 02-10-2015, 08:26 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Weird Al is quite insightful if only because he can point a finger to what's so very wrong with our education system today.

But every time and I do mean every time someone starts bashing others for their lack of grammar or spelling skills, perhaps criticizing those who don't write nearly as well as they self-imagine do any extenuating factors ever come to mind?

Its far too easy to mock those who don't meet our own imaginary or foolish ideals but who might be doing the exact same to us? Sure it chaps my azz seeing all this "text speak" and other BS crowding so much of the internet but instead of bashing them I try to address their issue instead of pointing out they have offended the universe. If they persist I would mention their contributions might be better received with "better" writing but its not up to me to raise or educate those not even putting forth much effort.

So yeah we can laugh at Al's humor and wit but doing so at the expense of others we don't know the full story of seems a bit impolite, rude, arrogant and dismissive of others. Even though I'm a terrifically short spoken person in real life and don't suffer stupidity too easily I try to be somewhat sensitive towards others who don't think, walk, talk, live or behave as I believe they should.

Is there a funny video for that?

Old 02-10-2015, 11:00 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
I love it!