Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Tool bag for picking up my new PowerStroke 7.3 - And now, Skippy's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigBee
Glad to hear you got her all cleaned up. I am waiting for a socket so I can pull mine I'm hoping it is my no start problem and not my HPOP.
Did you already order it? If not, I can ship mine out to you and it won't cost you anything. Save a buck

Originally Posted by aawlberninf350
After a few tanks that should clear up and then run PS in the grey bottle or similar.

Just keep up on fresh oil and filter, the IPR should stay clean.

I just cleaned out my entire fuel system pretty much when I dropped the tank so I'm probably buying the wrong thing. There was a ton of yellow yuck in there though. Is that algae?

I'll swap to the grey bottle next tank.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

That rubber door seal weatherstrip stuff from Rock Auto was 36" (3 feet) short, btw. I emailed them about it and I think they're going to get it fixed.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 AM
TheBigBee
Cargo Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thank you for the offer. I got one of the guys here in Michigan to bring one over yesterday morning. I hope to tear it out this week sometime.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by TheBigBee
Thank you for the offer. I got one of the guys here in Michigan to bring one over yesterday morning. I hope to tear it out this week sometime.

Great! It's kinda like yanking a spark plug. The second time around is much easier LOL!

Skippy and I went for a drive this weekend he got hot on me, not engine temp, but A/C temp. I figured I'd sprung a leak somewhere again but when I went to add freon the pressure was through the roof. I mean off the gauge!

I stuck a screwdriver in the port and let it blow out - I mean I responsibly reclaimed the freon to an approved container and gave it to Greenpeace. Then as soon as the pressure was back within acceptable limits (about 50 seconds or so of PSSSSSSSSSTTTT!) I unplugged the clutch, plugged it back in, and off it went again.

It pulled the pressures down two cans worth (about what I let out?) so I put dye and freon in it up to snuff. Anyone ever hear of that? Turn the car off and the low side pressure goes through the roof?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Glowplugger
Anyone ever hear of that? Turn the car off and the low side pressure goes through the roof?

Well the guys in the AC department say this is a normal thing. Its a "resting pressure state" when the AC compressor is off. So I might have compressor or sensor issues. Next time it bugs out on me I'll test those. For now, it's just icicles on my nose

Old 05-05-2015, 07:23 PM
frambin
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome write up and pics on the IPR valve.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Slyhuntr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glow, tried the OBDII connector last night with Torque, could pair but not connect to the truck. I tried it on my 97' Rav4 and the set up works great on it so I know it's not defective equipment. Are you running any tunes on your truck or different programming like Tow safe etc? My truck has a "tow safe" program from Super Chips, I wonder if that could keep me from communicating. I have a trip planned this weekend so I don't plan to drop the original tunes back into truck but I may do it when I get back.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:24 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by frambin
Awesome write up and pics on the IPR valve.
Thanks! That one was tough in my mind, then I got started on it and it turned out to be a snap.Seems to have killed my surges too

Originally Posted by Slyhuntr
Glow, tried the OBDII connector last night with Torque, could pair but not connect to the truck. I tried it on my 97' Rav4 and the set up works great on it so I know it's not defective equipment. Are you running any tunes on your truck or different programming like Tow safe etc? My truck has a "tow safe" program from Super Chips, I wonder if that could keep me from communicating. I have a trip planned this weekend so I don't plan to drop the original tunes back into truck but I may do it when I get back.

No, I'm fully stock here.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Well this past 24 hours we've had 8 inches of rain fall. Yep, that's not a mistype, EIGHT friggin inches of rain. That's too much rain for the rain forest, much lest the plains of the good ol' US of A.

Skippy didn't like it one bit either. He peed all over his head and it ran down the headliner, down the floor, and made a mess. I have the new rubbers on so it's not leaking from there. I'm thinking cab lights, rear brake light, or this TSB about bad drip rails. To fix the problem I ordered some fancy Motorcraft brand clear silicone. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:30 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Quite a few folks here have had issues with leaks from the overhead running down the windshield and wreaking havoc with this thing called the GEM. I haven't seen one, have no idea where it is, have no leaks in my cab, and haven't had problems with it. But based upon the long list of truly oddball complaints about it, I'd do something to keep that water from getting behind the dash.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:34 PM
SaintITC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Glowplugger
Well this past 24 hours we've had 8 inches of rain fall.
It's only called rain fall when it comes down straight. From what I've seen on the TV weather, what you've been getting in your neck of the woods is anything but!

Hope all is good with you and yours down there in OK!

Old 05-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by SaintITC
Quite a few folks here have had issues with leaks from the overhead running down the windshield and wreaking havoc with this thing called the GEM. I haven't seen one, have no idea where it is, have no leaks in my cab, and haven't had problems with it. But based upon the long list of truly oddball complaints about it, I'd do something to keep that water from getting behind the dash.

I pulled out the Marshmallow and parked Skippy in the garage. He'll be A-OK until I can get him siliconed.

Originally Posted by SaintITC
It's only called rain fall when it comes down straight. From what I've seen on the TV weather, what you've been getting in your neck of the woods is anything but!

Hope all is good with you and yours down there in OK!

So far we're all OK, along with everyone we know. Friday is looking iffy but then again on Saturday they're saying MANY tornadoes should be making an appearance. We rarely get a big alert like that in our area, but with El Nina being supersized this year the warning area is all over the north for Saturday. You guys that pray might put in a good word for us.

There was one lady that got in her shelter last night and survived the tornado, but the dang rain drowned her! I never thought about that so we'll be putting a hand pump in ours tonight just to be safe.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Well I just found AutoEnginuity with everything activated (Ford bundle through Toyota bundles). Now I need to find an adapter that will work. Partway there!

Old 05-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Did you buy AE with all those bundles or did you find a copy on the interweb and down load it?

Old 05-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Pitcrw6
Did you buy AE with all those bundles or did you find a copy on the interweb and down load it?

Borrowed. The program's not complicated once you get it open. I just need to find a good adapter and I'll be in buzz-ness lol. I'll report back what I find out.

Old 05-08-2015, 07:06 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude!!! You guys alive out there?!? I saw on the news that you were in some heavy rainfall and tornadoes. Unless not that close to you.

Quick Reply: Tool bag for picking up my new PowerStroke 7.3 - And now, Skippy's Build Thread