6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

adaptive cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 11:07 PM
stemo76
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
adaptive cruise control

do the 6.7 trucks have the option of having adaptive cruise control. We got this in the edge and its wonderful. Planning on upgrading my 7.3 to 6.7 in the next couple of years and would love to have this feature. Didn't see it on the fords build your truck website but maybe its bundled into something else.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
As of 15', no

Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
We have it on our MKC. I would recommend it when it is offered.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:25 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
What exactly is it????

Old 02-09-2015, 12:36 PM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is awesome! I had it on an MKZ rental.
It uses radar/sensors to maintain a safe following distance, braking when necessary and resuming to your preset speed when the gap opens. It is adjustable depending on your comfort level. It will stop you completely if necessary. Very cool. The Lincoln also had the blind spot warning, cross traffic alert. All cool stuff.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:16 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Let me know when y'all figure out how to jam other vehicle systems so they all just get outta my way.....

Seriously, whenever I see a vehicle I'm passing that has the little orange light lit on their side mirror I get much more comfortable, makes me feel safer knowing that they get a light telling them that they can't come over in my lane yet.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
Agreed. I know a lot of people hate on the new tech but it is seriously good and should cut down on accidents and deaths. We aren't going to stop driving and we aren't get rid of distractions.
Oh, I forgot about Lane Departure Warning!
Totally Bad Azz! Once activated it sees the lane lines and keeps you in between the lines. It will steer back into the lane for you!
It also tells you to wake up if you don't give enough input while driving. It flashes a cup of coffee at you if you're falling asleep.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:27 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
If it was to hand you a cup of coffee, or throw it on you, I bet that would wake you up even better than showing you a picture of a cup of coffee!

Old 02-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,995 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by Mystic_Cobra
Agreed. I know a lot of people hate on the new tech but it is seriously good and should cut down on accidents and deaths. We aren't going to stop driving and we aren't get rid of distractions.
Totally Bad Azz! Once activated it sees the lane lines and keeps you in between the lines. It will steer back into the lane for you!
It also tells you to wake up if you don't give enough input while driving. It flashes a cup of coffee at you if you're falling asleep.
Will it brew a cup for you........

Old 02-09-2015, 05:56 PM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Geezzz the next gen of kids not only wont know how to drive a stick shift, they wont even know how to even drive!! the car will do it all.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,995 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by cabindoc
Geezzz the next gen of kids not only wont know how to drive a stick shift, they wont even know how to even drive!! the car will do it all.
Most people only know 3 things about "driving"
1. point it
2. gas pedal to go
3. brake to stop

Oh yes......this one
4. if using the brake....don't steer to miss hitting someone.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:33 PM
stemo76
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonder why they haven't added this option to the truck line. Its been around for several years on the cars.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Mystic_Cobra
Are you sure about that????????????

The reason I ask is that just the other day I was driving on a multi-lane highway and the lanes lines were so worn it was difficult to see, in fact almost not able to see at all in many places.

In my engineers mind I have some major issues with this (based upon what little I know). If my team came to me and said boss we got this aDaptive cruise control and in order to work it depends upon it seeing the lines in the road in order to work...WTH you guys crazy, what about when it rains, or snow, mud and just has not been painted since the 3 wise men walked that way, what happens then?

Cannot see the folks over in Legal letting it out the door...

Old 02-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
Are you sure about that????????????

The reason I ask is that just the other day I was driving on a multi-lane highway and the lanes lines were so worn it was difficult to see, in fact almost not able to see at all in many places.

In my engineers mind I have some major issues with this (based upon what little I know). If my team came to me and said boss we got this aDaptive cruise control and in order to work it depends upon it seeing the lines in the road in order to work...WTH you guys crazy, what about when it rains, or snow, mud and just has not been painted since the 3 wise men walked that way, what happens then?

Cannot see the folks over in Legal letting it out the door...
The in-dash display has colored guide lines that appear once you activate the system. The lines are gray when it isn't working (hasn't detected sufficient lane lines). When it detects good lines, the guide lines on screen turn green. If you go through an intersection, they go gray. If you lose one line, you get one green and one gray. I might be missing some details but that's the basics. I only had the car for a week or so.
It's pretty cool.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
Originally Posted by stemo76
Wonder why they haven't added this option to the truck line. Its been around for several years on the cars.
Since these systems require new sensors, new display, new software, etc, I can understand them only adding these things with major updates. The interior of the SD is basically the same since back in 2008 except the new info center from a few years back (2011, I think?) and the better head unit/NAV system. I'm sure the next interior upgrade will have the new tech. Since these gizmos are now available on the F150s, I'm sure they will all be offered on the SDs next.

Quick Reply: adaptive cruise control