Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CL Flagging

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
maybe Bookoo is big where you are but up here is only4 car ads total

no body is looking for anything where there is only 4 ads

Old 02-16-2015, 08:03 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone is probably flagging it because of the $25k price tag on a 1997 anything.... Nice truck though!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Ranger1980
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It takes 5 or more flags before cl mods see you post. It is not just one guy doing it.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:43 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ceetwarrior
Someone is probably flagging it because of the $25k price tag on a 1997 anything.... Nice truck though!
this is what i was thinking.plus the $1 in the topic.it looks extremely suspicious.
i think sometimes we put more in old vehicles than they're worth in resale value.i know i have in both of mine too.
i would lower your expectations a little,expect to take a loss on the truck (probably more of a loss than you want to hear about) and stick with ebay.CL items generally sell for less than ebay.good for selling quick and local.ebay can reach those who will fly in to buy your truck,be willing to pay more and wont keep getting flagged.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:57 AM
scott79
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
One person CAN also flag it (5) times to get it reported as scam/spam!! Several reasons why someone would do it, jealous, trying to frustrate you so you take less for it, someone is selling one similar and wants your ad to disappear, or maybe someone has a ******** for ya, etc...regardless of why, it's frustrating---AND that's why someone is behind it!! With the truck you have Brad, it's will be easier to deal with most of the potential buyers from ebay than CL. Good luck, NICE truck for sure!!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by scott79
One person CAN also flag it (5) times to get it reported as scam/spam!! Several reasons why someone would do it, jealous, trying to frustrate you so you take less for it, someone is selling one similar and wants your ad to disappear, or maybe someone has a ******** for ya, etc...regardless of why, it's frustrating---AND that's why someone is behind it!! With the truck you have Brad, it's will be easier to deal with most of the potential buyers from ebay than CL. Good luck, NICE truck for sure!!
Thanks.

it is one person. because no mater what price I post it at, it gets flagged.

Unfortunately eBay has the same losers CL does. You should see the emails I got from eBay asking equations. 100% of the questions were answered in the ad

Old 02-16-2015, 09:08 AM
scott79
Fleet Mechanic
That would be my thoughts!!

I saw your ebay ad (very nicely detailing everything). If someone had a REAL question, they would probably call ya, = serious potential buyer!!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Ranger1980
Senior User
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
Thanks.

it is one person. because no mater what price I post it at, it gets flagged.

Unfortunately eBay has the same losers CL does. You should see the emails I got from eBay asking equations. 100% of the questions were answered in the ad
To have one person to flag it 5 times, they would need to clear cookies AND change ip subnet address. It is NOT just one person flagging it. cl records ip addresses of flaggers. If you flag an ad, you cannot flag it again from the same computer unless you change your ip address.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:15 AM
scott79
Fleet Mechanic
Well, I have done it before...Hit the "report" button. Then keep returning to the ad and repeat!! Unless this process has changed in the past year...? Maybe that's the case now.

Originally Posted by Ranger1980
To have one person to flag it 5 times, they would need to clear cookies AND change ip subnet address. It is NOT just one person flagging it. cl records ip addresses of flaggers. If you flag an ad, you cannot flag it again from the same computer unless you change your ip address.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Ranger1980
Senior User
Originally Posted by scott79
Well, I have done it before...Hit the "report" button. Then keep returning to the ad and repeat!! Unless this process has changed in the past year...? Maybe that's the case now.
you can click it 100000 times.....it only sends one report per ip adddress. Direct from CL mods in the flagging forum.

Brad, that is a very clean truck......but not worth 25K IMHO. Mods do not help sell a vehicle. They hurt sales to the general public. Only person interested in a modded vehicle is not interested in paying 25K for it. Even moreso for one that is 15+ years old....with almost 200K on it.

Again, just my opinion on your sale. An 18K price would see much more action.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm sure said "flagger" has 4 friends and that is all it takes to screw it up.

I frequent a racing site and if they want to screw with someone, it will tear you up. It gets brutal.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Ranger1980
you can click it 100000 times.....it only sends one report per ip adddress. Direct from CL mods in the flagging forum.

Brad, that is a very clean truck......but not worth 25K IMHO. Mods do not help sell a vehicle. They hurt sales to the general public. Only person interested in a modded vehicle is not interested in paying 25K for it. Even moreso for one that is 15+ years old....with almost 200K on it.

Again, just my opinion on your sale. An 18K price would see much more action.
You are the second person to say this. How is the truck worth 18k but not 25k? just because it is not worth it to YOU, does not make it worth it. I wouldn't give you $500 for your F150. That does not mean it isn't worth 2500

Where did you get this number?

I got my number from all the truck I have sold and up to date sales on these trucks

Old 02-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Ranger1980
Senior User
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
You are the second person to say this. How is the truck worth 18k but not 25k? just because it is not worth it to YOU, does not make it worth it. I wouldn't give you $500 for your F150. That does not mean it isn't worth 2500

Where did you get this number?

I got my number from all the truck I have sold and up to date sales on these trucks
Almost 200K, 97 model year(almost 20 years old), crew cab, long bed, lots of engine "mods", it is a niche vehicle. Joe sixpack is not looking at it for a work truck, Tim RV will want it as a tow vehicle for his 5th wheel and family, but the engine mods and mileage turn him off, over 20K and year means it will have to be a private party cash sale because no bank is going to pull note on an almost 20 year old vehicle from a private party. Not to say you will not get your asking, but you may have to sit on it for awhile to find the right buyer.

FWIW, I turned down a 7000 offer on my 80 150ranger 4wd with 156K on it and zero rust on an AZ truck. 17 years older and almost the same mileage. Location makes all the difference. In AZ, that at most would be a 13K vehicle as there is no demand for it and crewcab longbed diesels are a dime a dozen. In the northeast, I could see it bringing the 18 I said.

Not a hit on your truck at all as it "should"bring your asking, but todays economy means not many casual buyers are going to drop 25k on a vehicle of your age and mileage. And if they are, there is a FORD/DODGE/GM sign hanging outside where they are looking....aka Car Dealer....and a bank note would be pulled on it.

For comparison, there is a 2005 diesel extendedcab long bed 4wd sitting at the lot up the street for 19,995 with 95K on it and no rust.........it has been there for 7 months. I could wave 14 in his face and he would probably jump on it. Mainly because of low demand.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Ranger1980
Senior User
Edmunds says blue book should be 9,990 in excellent condition in my zip for your truck. KBB says 12.5K. Autoblog says 10,500. all private party sales.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
I am fully aware of "book" value. But you can **** on that as far as these trucks are concerned.

Just take a gander on eBay or Autotrader and see the price of THESE 94-97 Powerstroke trucks. hitting almost 300k and they still demand mid teens

Not an 05 6.0, which were KNOWN to be problematic and almost require pulling the cab to do the simplest maintenance.

As for engine mods... You don't understand these trucks apparently. EVERYTHING thing that was done to the truck was for RELIABILITY and better towing.

It still has the HIGH cc stock injectors so EGTs do not get out if hand but still put 300hp to the ground

It has a Superduty Intercooler to LOWER EGTs

It has ONE piece up pipes to eliminate boost leaks and stainless so they will last a VERY long time.

It has a 13" HD organic clutch to take more abuse, yet still be drivable unlike kevlar and ceramic clutches. A solid flywheel was also installed for relabel service as well. And the 5 speed is HIGHLY desirable yet almost none of these trucks were made with it.

You also missed that is is a SHORT bed, not a long bed which makes it actually MORE desirable to MANY people. They can have a crewcab to haul their family and a short bed to allow easier maneuverability and STILL be able to to a gooseneck, 5th wheel or bumper pull.

The airbags are another PLUS for the towing crowd. it allows a comfortable ride empty yet also can handle a load when towing. the really nice part is, it is fully adjustable with a touch of a button

The dana 60 was also added for RELIABILITY. nor worries of by yearly alignments like the TTBs require to not eat tires. the RSK and SD springs give a SUPERIOR ride of the the Original 35 year old design.

I can go on more but I am sure you don't get any of the points I listed. NOR does any of this have to do with the original post topic.

yes, the economy is in the ****ter and that actually helps the price of my truck. Who has 50k+ for a new truck that if/when it breaks, you are stuck paying the dealer $100+ an hour to work on it. hell the fuel systems on the newer trucks are $8000 if you get "contaminated" fuel

Quick Reply: CL Flagging